Check your account email address ×

Time to starve the Cubans now!

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, DUMPY said:

Not sure what choice they had after the embargo’s. Fidel wasn’t really much of a communist but his brother and Che were big time 

Fidel’s brother has actually relaxed the laws some now on private business. Like they can run their own restaurants and what not 

It was a natural reaction, hard to blame them.

2 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

What do you mean 

People that go to other countries and stay at these top end resorts may as well just stay home and go to their own country’s resorts.  You could fly somebody around for a few hours then put them in a Florida resort and they wouldn’t know any different.  Just staff it with beaners.

I think that’s what he means.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DUMPY said:

Cuba\cubans aren’t  “indigenous” to the area, but came about from Spanish frigging the slaves. The population grew to the point they made their own group identity as “Cubans”  at that point they started to get a thirst for independence 

they fought for years then thought they had it when the US intervened. But then their “elected” dictator Batista was just a puppet for the US and in bed with the mafia. So the thirst for true independence remained as the US had it written into their law that they could contravene into Cuba at any time after running the Spanish out, which was also a big setup by the US

thats where Fidel came in 

the US is anything but innocent. There’s blame on both sides but the US was the worse aggressor 

Not denying any of that.   Doesn't change the fact that a countries form of govt must come from the people, not other countries.   The intentions of wanting democracy was historically a valid undertaking.   

Coming out of WWII the democracies of the world had a valid fear of communism and fascism growth or resurgence causing another conflict that just took the lives of 60 million people.   Even with communism (soviets) on the side of the allies the brutality of that form of govt needed to stop from spreading.   Again the intentions of wanting democracies are good but the implementation is virtually impossible without the people wanting it.   Democracies suffer from corruption and can fail to bring about sufficient change.   We've regretfully seen this almost everywhere we tried to get it in place.   That history is enough for me to say no more....stay the fuck out of it.      

Just now, Highmark said:

Not denying any of that.   Doesn't change the fact that a countries form of govt must come from the people, not other countries.   The intentions of wanting democracy was historically a valid undertaking.   

Coming out of WWII the democracies of the world had a valid fear of communism and fascism growth or resurgence causing another conflict that just took the lives of 60 million people.   Even with communism (soviets) on the side of the allies the brutality of that form of govt needed to stop from spreading.   Again the intentions of wanting democracies are good but the implementation is virtually impossible without the people wanting it.   Democracies suffer from corruption and can fail to bring about sufficient change.   We've regretfully seen this almost everywhere we tried to get it in place.   That history is enough for me to say no more....stay the fuck out of it.      

It’s still a valid fear as communism can only be implemented with brutal totalitarianism resulting in large scale deaths 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

People that go to other countries and stay at these top end resorts may as well just stay home and go to their own country’s resorts.  You could fly somebody around for a few hours then put them in a Florida resort and they wouldn’t know any different.  Just staff it with beaners.

I think that’s what he means.

Some people just want to relax, some want to explore.  The Mayan ruins in Mexico for example are simply amazing.

also these poorer countries have all inclusive resorts which is just badass 

3 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

It’s still a valid fear as communism can only be implemented with brutal totalitarianism resulting in large scale deaths 

True but no longer am I willing to use our boys or money to fight for something the people themselves won't fight for.......freedom.  

Just now, Highmark said:

True but no longer am I willing to use our boys or money to fight for something the people themselves won't fight for.......freedom.  

That’s been kind of a lie since ww2 ended 

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

What do you mean 

The places like Atlantis and Sandles and whatnot. They should keep their country not sell it to business interests.

Just now, Highmark said:

Ditto.  We don’t have to help them in any way but, I don’t want any money or lives spent to help people that don’t give a flying fuck about their future either way. They can’t/won’t miss something they never had or were never allowed to understand in the first place.  

Vietnam taught us little.  

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Why are we stopping them from having “first world luxuries”?

Do you even read? Or was the OP too long fer u?

Just now, Anler said:

wow yer dum

You deflecting my questions tells me you are at least getting smart enough me making you look completely stupid on foreign affairs.  Not that the subject matters that much.  :lmao: 

VenaRAaZuarlaw!!!!!!!!!  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

You deflecting my questions tells me you are at least getting smart enough me making you look completely stupid on foreign affairs.  Not that the subject matters that much.  :lmao: 

VenaRAaZuarlaw!!!!!!!!!  :lol: 

U want me to post sum shit u wont reed neway? 

4 hours ago, DUMPY said:

That’s been kind of a lie since ww2 ended 

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Disagree.  :bc:

Sludge is 💯 correct.