Check your account email address ×

Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not president, hundreds of former federal prosecutors assert

Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not president, hundreds of former federal prosecutors assert.

More than 370 former federal prosecutors who worked in Republican and Democratic administrations have signed on to a statement asserting Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s findings would have produced obstruction charges against President Trump — if not for the office he held.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-would-have-been-charged-with-obstruction-were-he-not-president-hundreds-of-former-federal-prosecutors-assert/2019/05/06/e4946a1a-7006-11e9-9f06-5fc2ee80027a_story.html?outputType=amp

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not president, hundreds of former federal prosecutors assert.

More than 370 former federal prosecutors who worked in Republican and Democratic administrations have signed on to a statement asserting Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s findings would have produced obstruction charges against President Trump — if not for the office he held.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-would-have-been-charged-with-obstruction-were-he-not-president-hundreds-of-former-federal-prosecutors-assert/2019/05/06/e4946a1a-7006-11e9-9f06-5fc2ee80027a_story.html?outputType=amp

:lol: 

Related image

• Platinum Contributing Member
butt·hurt
/ˈbətˌhərt/
INFORMALUS
adjective

1. 1.
    overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful.
    "they're all butthurt that she released the album online first"
noun

1. 1.
    an excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offense or resentment.
    "it's time to get over the butthurt from last year's playoffs"
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Until he’s not the president.

Well that might be 6 years from now which takes it well out of the SoL's.  :lol:  

Just now, oleroule said:

if i had dollar for every time mc was correct, i'd be broke.

If I had a dollar for every time MC was correct I'd be like Ben playing the market.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If I had a dollar for every time MC was correct I'd be like Ben playing the market.  :lol:  

..sellin' that shit short while not trying to time the markets....LIKE A FUCKING BOSS!  

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

how do you obstruct a investagatiin of somthing that was proven to be bullshit 

It goes beyond that.   In order for it to be obstruction that act itself must be illegal.  Acting within Article 2 of the constitution is not illegal. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/28/dershowitz_napolitano_is_wrong_about_obstruction_of_justice_not_even_a_close_case.html

"In my introduction to the Mueller report, I go through the elements of obstruction of justice. The act itself has to be illegal. It can't be an act that is authorized under Article Two of the Constitution," Dershowitz said, 

"It can't be obstruction of justice if the president is acting within his authority. Nixon obstructed justice because he acted outside his authority -- destroying evidence, paying hush money, ordering his subordinates to lie to the FBI."

FOX NEWS HOST: Do you agree? Is this obstruction of justice? 

ALAN DERSHOWITZ: I do not agree. I think Judge Napolitano is terrific and we often agree about the law, but in my introduction to the Mueller report, I go through the elements of obstruction of justice. The act itself has to be illegal. It can't be an act that is authorized under Article Two of the Constitution.

FOX NEWS HOST: So firing the FBI director can't--?

DERSHOWITZ: It's not even a close case. 

The best analogy is President George H.W. Bush pardoned Casper Weinberger on the eve of his trial in order to stop the Iran-Contra investigation. The special prosecutor said he did it for that reason. Nobody suggested obstruction. It can't be obstruction of justice if the president is acting within his authority. 

Nixon obstructed justice because he acted outside his authority -- destroying evidence, paying hush money, ordering his subordinates to lie to the FBI. 

FOX NEWS HOST: Napolitano said he told people to write letters to the file, he told people to go and deliver messages. 

DERSHOWITZ: Not obstruction of justice, those are all legal acts. If he ever told somebody to lie in front of a grand jury, that would be obstruction of justice.