Check your account email address ×

US Prepared to Offer Guaido Full Range of Options

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes only time i voted non R

Funny I hated Clinton from 92 to 2000. Turns out he was the most conservative president I was ever able to vote for. Cut spending, cut welfare, balanced the budget. I don't know what passes for a conservative these days. 

44 minutes ago, Anler said:

Funny I hated Clinton from 92 to 2000. Turns out he was the most conservative president I was ever able to vote for. Cut spending, cut welfare, balanced the budget. I don't know what passes for a conservative these days. 

I worked with folks that would rail on Billy all day long. I got so sick of it. Compared to the last three he wasn’t bad at all. 

47 minutes ago, Anler said:

x2  

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Anler said:

He wanted to stay in power and worked with the GOP after 94 election.   Yes back then more GOP members of congress were conservative on spending.

Ask yourself this.   Could a modern day Dem do what Clinton did then?   Crime bill......welfare reform.....massive cuts to CG taxes?  

Clinton also had middle class tax increases to SS, Medicare and a $.043 per gallon fuel tax.  

For whatever the reason Clinton did some things that would get today's dems to kick him out of the party.  :lol:  

Clinton enacted Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996 which reduced taxes for many small business. Furthermore, he signed legislation that increased the tax deduction for self-employed business owners from 30% to 80% by 1997. The Taxpayer Relief Act reduced some federal taxes. The 28% rate for capital gains was lowered to 20%. The 15% rate was lowered to 10%. In 1980, a tax credit was put into place based on the number of individuals under the age of 17 in a household. In 1998, it was $400 per child and in 1999, it was raised to $500. This Act removed from taxation profits on the sale of a house of up to $500,000 for individuals who are married, and $250,000 for single individuals. Educational savings and retirement funds were given tax relief. Some of the expiring tax provisions were extended for selected businesses. Since 1998, an exemption could be taken out for those family farms and small businesses that qualified for it. In 1999, the correction of inflation on the $10,000 annual gift tax exclusion was accomplished. By the year 2006, the $600,000 estate tax exemption had risen to $1 million

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

I was only 12

And you wonder why some of us are more than a little dismissive of the kill yourself analysis

11 hours ago, Edmo said:

I worked with folks that would rail on Billy all day long. I got so sick of it. Compared to the last three he wasn’t bad at all. 

In hindsight, I would agree.  But he permanently lowered the moral bar of what It should mean to be a president.  Sorry, a 47 year old man getting a 21 year old to suck his dick is creepy at best.  For a sitting president, there is really no excuse at all.  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And you wonder why some of us are more than a little dismissive of the kill yourself analysis

In hindsight, I would agree.  But he permanently lowered the moral bar of what It should mean to be a president.  Sorry, a 47 year old man getting a 21 year old to suck his dick is creepy at best.  For a sitting president, there is really no excuse at all.  

Right but illegal immoral wars that kill hundreds of thousands and waste trillions are just peachy....come on man. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right but illegal immoral wars that kill hundreds of thousands and waste trillions are just peachy....come on man. 

I am not qualified to relitigate what is legal or immoral, and neither are you.  I know you think what you and Ben think is conventional wisdom, it simply is not.  I am also not interested in playing hindsight revisionism.  None of us know how we would’ve reacted if we were in Bushes shoes post 911, and that is a fact.  It is also a fact neither he nor Cheney are war criminals, which is another thing that passes for “conventional wisdom” around here with some of you guys.   Believe it or not some of us just have different opinions.  :bc: 

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

He wanted to stay in power and worked with the GOP after 94 election.   Yes back then more GOP members of congress were conservative on spending.

Ask yourself this.   Could a modern day Dem do what Clinton did then?   Crime bill......welfare reform.....massive cuts to CG taxes?  

Clinton also had middle class tax increases to SS, Medicare and a $.043 per gallon fuel tax.  

For whatever the reason Clinton did some things that would get today's dems to kick him out of the party.  :lol:  

Clinton enacted Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996 which reduced taxes for many small business. Furthermore, he signed legislation that increased the tax deduction for self-employed business owners from 30% to 80% by 1997. The Taxpayer Relief Act reduced some federal taxes. The 28% rate for capital gains was lowered to 20%. The 15% rate was lowered to 10%. In 1980, a tax credit was put into place based on the number of individuals under the age of 17 in a household. In 1998, it was $400 per child and in 1999, it was raised to $500. This Act removed from taxation profits on the sale of a house of up to $500,000 for individuals who are married, and $250,000 for single individuals. Educational savings and retirement funds were given tax relief. Some of the expiring tax provisions were extended for selected businesses. Since 1998, an exemption could be taken out for those family farms and small businesses that qualified for it. In 1999, the correction of inflation on the $10,000 annual gift tax exclusion was accomplished. By the year 2006, the $600,000 estate tax exemption had risen to $1 million

In 2000 Dubya ran on an extremeley conservative platform. Fiscal responsibility, non-interventionism, constutional rights... in 2001 that all went out the window and nobody has run on a conservative platform like that since. Except Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul and they ran them off quick. 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I am not qualified to relitigate what is legal or immoral, and neither are you.  I know you think what you and Ben think is conventional wisdom, it simply is not.  I am also not interested in playing hindsight revisionism.  None of us know how we would’ve reacted if we were in Bushes shoes post 911, and that is a fact.  It is also a fact neither he nor Cheney are war criminals, which is another thing that passes for “conventional wisdom” around here with some of you guys.   Believe it or not some of us just have different opinions.  :bc: 

They lied to facilitate the Iraq War...not hindsight...fact.

And yes everybody has an opinion and I respect that.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Sorry guy if facts bother you, Innocent until proven guilty is the rule here.

Same with Obama then... Sorry if the facts bother you... 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Sorry guy if facts bother you, Innocent until proven guilty is the rule here.

It’s acknowledged that the Iraq War was based on a lie and you are going to sit here and say stupid shit like that...SMH.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

In 2000 Dubya ran on an extremeley conservative platform. Fiscal responsibility, non-interventionism, constutional rights... in 2001 that all went out the window and nobody has run on a conservative platform like that since. Except Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul and they ran them off quick. 

Depends on what you call run.   Rand Paul and a few others ran on similar platforms.  

Honestly if Trump can get spending under control his platform is pretty solid.  Not sure that can be done today without shutting the govt down for a long, long time.   Even then it might not be possible.  

Lets be clear no dem has ran anywhere near that platform as well.  

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

woolie wouldn't know a fact if it slapped him in the face like trumps cock has been for the last couple of years.  

Look at the 6’5” dude with the soft hands and flabby body talking all tough.  

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You seem like youre itching for a fight with me.  Careful what you wish for.  

Image result for woooo

Just now, Angry ginger said:

OK mr victim

LOL...I love these little personal spats on here.  :lol: