Check your account email address ×

200 Killed on Sri Lanka....Churches and Hotels Bombed

20 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Meh, not too far from the truth...F3E66079-65B8-450D-AECD-58A5B61D5344.jpeg.2cb2b2ac4b4f1d5bdd15f829dd4e5252.jpeg

I find your found statistic hard to believe. You're trying to tell me that ~32.7 million people haven't ventured out of their home state?

Oh good, liberal driven Berkeley is keeping the sheep closest to home.

https---blogs-images.forbes.com-kristenmoon-files-2018-10-UC_Admission_Rates_-_instate_vs_outstate-1200x724.jpg

To add: Last year, a grand total of 21.4 million passports were issued in the U.S., the highest number ever recorded. Putting that number into perspective, a mere 6.3 million were issued back in 1997. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/01/11/the-share-of-americans-holding-a-passport-has-increased-dramatically-in-recent-years-infographic/#4cd85fc33c16

Where are these people going??

Americans even enjoy visiting our Nook neighbors! (What now requires a passport to venture to)

The statistics agency says the number of U.S. tourists rose 3.1 per cent in 2017 to reach 14.3 million, the highest figure since 2005, and there were also a record 6.5 million visitors from overseas countries, up 7.2 per cent from 2016.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4036090/canada-tourism-record-2017/

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

To add: Last year, a grand total of 21.4 million passports were issued in the U.S., the highest number ever recorded. Putting that number into perspective, a mere 6.3 million were issued back in 1997. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/01/11/the-share-of-americans-holding-a-passport-has-increased-dramatically-in-recent-years-infographic/#4cd85fc33c16

Where are these people going??

You realize 21.4M of 330M people is 6% of the population, right? Thanks for making my point for me... And I’m not sure what you are trying to prove with your Berkeley stat... That most people who go to a state school are from in state? Not really riveting info..

35.7 Million Americans have been issued passports in the past 2 years. Berkeley was the only university in California to enroll an excess of IN State students. I don't think you understand the math?

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

“The highest number ever”? Yeah ok... Noted. But if the highest number ever is 6% of the population a year getting a passport, that’s loose butthole weak. 

Roughly 10 percent of the population, and that's just in the past couple years. Do you not think others previously having a passport stopped traveling?

I was responding to your bullshit "statistical post". 

:ashamed:

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

35.7 Million Americans have been issued passports in the past 2 years. Berkeley was the only university in California to enroll an excess of IN State students. I don't think you understand the math?

Roughly 10 percent of the population, and that's just in the past couple years. Do you not think others previously having a passport stopped traveling?

I was responding to your bullshit "statistical post". 

:ashamed:

Cali schools have quotas for Cali residents. Is that taken into account? Why is it surprising that the majority of state school students are from that state?

As far as people traveling abroad, do we really consider those traveling to Canada and Mexico going abroad? Because the vast majority of that 10% is going there. How many previous passport holders had their passports expire? 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why is it surprising that the majority of state school students are from that state?

Again. Re read.

The majority of students are from out of state at Cali colleges... 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

As far as people traveling abroad, do we really consider those traveling to Canada and Mexico going abroad?

It has nothing to do with "going abroad". 

Re read, follow the bouncing ball...

F3E66079-65B8-450D-AECD-58A5B61D5344.jpeg.2cb2b2ac4b4f1d5bdd15f829dd4e5252.jpeg

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

You can't part your own fucking hair, let alone separate the topic going on here. Moron.

You’re attempting to convince the class that Americans are “world travelers”. You’ve failed miserably. And yes, <10% can’t find Sri Lanka on a map....much less spell it. Now go chase that statistic, pup. 

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I'm simply citing statistics from a few unbiased sources. What you take away from it is up to you. 

Statistics are fairly clear. Americans are at the near bottom of the list for international travel among first world countries. The reason is actually quite obvious. It’s the main reason the US is a huge destination for people from other countries. America is super diverse and pretty much has it all. A cultural Mecca. Highly developed highway system with several major air travel hubs throughout the country. And for the most part filled with friendly people. 

6 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Again. Re read.

The majority of students are from out of state at Cali colleges... 

It has nothing to do with "going abroad". 

Re read, follow the bouncing ball...

F3E66079-65B8-450D-AECD-58A5B61D5344.jpeg.2cb2b2ac4b4f1d5bdd15f829dd4e5252.jpeg

Sounds like Slinger.:lol:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Most Americans haven’t traveled more than 50 miles of their home. So yeah. 

:lmao: Most implies over half.  Slight exaggeration. 

Edited by Highmark

Spinner took a fucking cruise that docked in a tourist trap somewhere and now he’s the leading (and “woke”)travel and world affairs expert!  LOL, BarbieHands just laughs at him because he’s done a cruise AND sat with a bunch of blue hairs on a tour bus that drove around Paris.

Better get with it, Spinner.   :lol:

41 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No, really? :lol: 

I'm not the retard that thinks over half the US hasn't traveled 50 miles from their home.  :lol:  

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

No surprise here. Most vs least traveled states  

14C75BA4-1D25-42A1-9C8D-24BD3C771214.jpeg

Google search trends depicts actual travel.  :lol:   More compelling data from googlebarbie.  :lol:  

To find out, we used Google search trends data to identify the states searching travel-related phrases most often, per capita

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Google search trends depicts actual travel.  :lol:   More compelling data from googlebarbie.  :lol:  

To find out, we used Google search trends data to identify the states searching travel-related phrases most often, per capita

Why would anyone travel to Shitcago if not for business?:lol:

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why would anyone travel to Shitcago if not for business?:lol:

Lot's of really awesome places in Chicago.  While I have no desire to live there I've always enjoyed the city except for traffic getting in and out.