Check your account email address ×

Latest dyno run at dynotech of the Thundercat

4 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

I hope this new sled holds together 

I think it will. Its not really new tech at all. People have had proven Turbo vipers for awhile and we know Yamaha is very conservative so im betting it does. When we turn the juice up i guess we will see. Id imagine a smaller 3 cylinder setup would be better on wear/longevity.

I haven't studied both motors enough to care. In all reality i wish they put the Apex motor with a turbo in it but i do like the 3 banger too. Its not a bad engine. Doing great in the YXZ sxs

Just now, Wildcat said:

I think it will. Its not really new tech at all. People have had proven Turbo vipers for awhile and we know Yamaha is very conservative so im betting it does. When we turn the juice up i guess we will see. Id imagine a smaller 3 cylinder setup would be better on wear/longevity.

I haven't studied both motors enough to care. In all reality i wish they put the Apex motor with a turbo in it but i do like the 3 banger too. Its not a bad engine. Doing great in the YXZ sxs

Its still in a pos cat chassis though.....

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes ....satellites in orbit providing constant location data prove that the earth is round :lol: 

Ha ha ha ha ha GPS is ground based. Talking about satellites doesn't disprove what I said. 

Also so I could careless what you think. You brought up the flat earth thing so I responded. Also Im not ashamed to admit i don't believe we living a a spinning globe that spins 1100 mph at the equator while flying around the sun at 66600 mph and the reason we can't feel it is because of gravity. 

Youre the one that believes gravity holds the oceans and everything else to the surface of a spinning ball 

3 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

this engine is totally new from the ground up and is significantly different from the nytro motor or any other production yamaha motor far as I know

Edited by f7ben

Just now, Dave said:

Im on a XP doo chassis but. At that weight i mean its not going to be like a 600 nimble period. Your going to need to manhandle it and lay into boost and see how it reacts. Procross isnt that bad.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

this engine is totally new from the ground up and is different from the nytro motor far as I know

No its not. Its beefed up but but not totally new. Its a De bored 1049 motor with different rods and pistons/maybe crank and bearings. Different cam and head porting probably for the turbo. The intake/exhaust and most of that stuff was designed in TRF with A/C. So it does have some history and agree things are different but i dont see it having that many problems. Its just a different configuration. Hope its great so i can get a used 1100T for cheap i win either way.

Edited by Wildcat

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Dude...that Procross is the best chassis out there IMO.  If it's one thing I didn't like about my XP is having to take a hammer and ax handle to bend it back into shape after some tough treatment.  And I had a reinforced chassis.  My Cat went though a major accident and I was still able to limp it home.  A new ski. A-arm, steering shaft and handlebars and I'm back on snow.  My Xp would have been demolished taking out the entire S and E modules, both A-arms, shock and everything else within that area.  Leaving me in a lot worse shape physically and waiting for a damn tow sled.  Next time you are at a race, go look at a Doo Chassis then the PC after it.  One is gonna look a lot more "clothes hangary" than the other.  Now, the price for toughness is weight..and my sled is probably 80 or so pounds heavier than my XRS was.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dude...that Procross is the best chassis out there IMO.  If it's one thing I didn't like about my XP is having to take a hammer and ax handle to bend it back into shape after some tough treatment.  And I had a reinforced chassis.  My Cat went though a major accident and I was still able to limp it home.  A new ski. A-arm, steering shaft and handlebars and I'm back on snow.  My Xp would have been demolished taking out the entire S and E modules, both A-arms, shock and everything else within that area.  Leaving me in a lot worse shape physically and waiting for a damn tow sled.  Next time you are at a race, go look at a Doo Chassis then the PC after it.  One is gonna look a lot more "clothes hangary" than the other.  Now, the price for toughness is weight..and my sled is probably 80 or so pounds heavier than my XRS was.

I will take what ive seen over what you say...thank you. :bc:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Again...you're welcome!  I aim to please baby!!!!  :lol::bc:

Other then the tunnel braces and the rail stiffeners....where was your xrs chassis beef up?

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Other then the tunnel braces and the rail stiffeners....where was your xrs chassis beef up?

Had grip n' rip on there too after the first season when I realized I was gonna turn that thing into a mello yellow can.  I also had to put some bracing under the brake disk when I smashed it up into the shaft turning it into a U shape.  

Great sled though....light, nimble and fast.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Had grip n' rip on there too after the first season when I realized I was gonna turn that thing into a mello yellow can.  I also had to put some bracing under the brake disk when I smashed it up into the shaft turning it into a U shape.  

Great sled though....light, nimble and fast.

I was waiting for you to tell me it was an rs chassis....

1 minute ago, Sludgey said:

They're brutal 

Some of those mods don't like to be questioned at all.  Hell, and I was just stating a few points.  POOF...vacation.  I guess he didn't like looking stupid.  Must not be related to SR.  Beats me.  :dunno:

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

GPS? Are you saying GPS proves the heliocentric model? 

If if so your an idiot. We've had GPS type technology since the 1940's. GPS is ground based

http://youtu.be/RNHnU48E-MI

Triangulation is what it is, in WWII we used it Europe with acoustic locators to figure out where the German railway guns were at, and I think even before that it was used by other countries during the war.

15 hours ago, Anler said:

It looks like there is going to be a power war among the manus going forward and people are gonna get made dead on those things... Can you imagine trail riding a 300hp sled? Fucking nuts!

Happened on bikes, until they hit 200mph then they all agreed to stop it.