Check your account email address ×

Limp dick's sporting goods lost $ 150 million dollars in 2018 after stopping firearms sales

• Platinum Contributing Member

Interesting

What happened at Dick’s confirms new study results out of Stanford University. Respondents said they were more likely to buy a product to support a CEO’s political stance than they were to boycott in disagreement, but their actions revealed the opposite. When asked for specific examples, 69 percent could name a product they’d stopped buying, and only 21 percent could recall a product they started buying.

I have about $200.00 in gift cards from Dicks. I'm thinkin' I better use them up...………….soon. 

Problem is I got so much fukken outdoor shit, I don't know what to buy. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It’s a big sounding number, but only 1.7% of revenue??? That’s not exactly crippling. 

Agreed however what was their sales trends.   If their growth had been say 5% and then the went back it could be a bit more significant that it really shows.  They've never had shit for hunting supplies.   In fact I read recently they are getting out of it altogether.  

Edited by Highmark

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed however what was their sales trends.   If their growth had been say 5% and then the went back it could be a bit more significant that it really shows.  They've never had shit for hunting supplies.   In fact I read recently they are getting out of it altogether.  

Their hunting department was always shit. But good point. 

35 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We don't shop there anything for anything

Just now, Anler said:

Why not? If you are offering less product why wouldn't you assume your sales would be less?

Wouldn't surprise me if they thought that people who agreed with them would shop there more and offset any sales loss from guns. 

• Thanks 1

Dicks does a lot for our local kids teams. Sponsorship and coupons beginning of season let’s you load up on equipment with big sales.

Thats the only reason I went there. Kids are done with sports so I’ll probably never go back. On a side note whoever it was doing the hiring there is my hero. Always loaded with hotties. :lol: 

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they thought that people who agreed with them would shop there more and offset any sales loss from guns. 

I'm sure they took the political implications into consideration. 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Dicks does a lot for our local kids teams. Sponsorship and coupons beginning of season let’s you load up on equipment with big sales.

Thats the only reason I went there. Kids are done with sports so I’ll probably never go back. On a side note whoever it was doing the hiring there is my hero. Always loaded with hotties. :lol: 

*Thots* as the kids call them.

17 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It’s a big sounding number, but only 1.7% of revenue??? That’s not exactly crippling. 

The title suggests they "lost" money. It's just lost sales from not selling guns. And the article shows that they expected it. Stock price is up since they announced they were eliminating sales of certain style guns. 

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Dicks is having the same problem as every other brick and mortar store is having.......the internet

Dicks is still big around here due to all of the team sports. They are still a go to for specific items. 

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dicks is still big around here due to all of the team sports. They are still a go to for specific items. 

My son is a big boy and it was easy to find baseball stuff for him there. They do have a great selection. The store by woodfield is 2 floors and yuge.