Check your account email address ×

Hey HSR.....you wanna apologize?

f7ben

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im really surprised Tom is taking Bens side on this.

Dont ever pm me text me or call me again got dammit Tom!!!!!!!

:lol: :lmao: :lol2:

So should I expect a Christmas card this year or is that out too........  Hahahahaha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

just caught up reading all of this clutching shit..  yeah I would say f7ben is right.   same helix angle , same weight, etc on 100 HP versus 200 HP machines and it would work just fine. 

If rpm is much higher on the 200hp sled yes

It sounds to me like the information provided in the OP is spot on.  One thing I’d be curious about, that 8 Deg. per second intake charge temp rise, does anyone implement a smidge of meth injection to tame that down? I don’t think you’d have to get fancy with PWM, just a Hobbs switch and the “right” sized nozzle might do the trick?  

Edited by XC.Morrison

8 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Sludge has won lots of races in/on both cars and sleds, my bet is he knows clutching, and has the trophys to prove it :) he is very well regarded 

You are very regarded too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

It sounds to me like the information provided in the OP is spot on.  One thing I’d be curious about, that 8 Deg. per second intake charge temp rise, does anyone implement a smidge of meth injection to tame that down? I don’t think you’d have to get fancy with PWM, just a Hobbs switch and the “right” sized nozzle might do the trick?  

No...way too complicated when you have a motec. It can pull timing and boost and dump fuel extremely fast when it sees any knock.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No...way too complicated when you have a motec. It can pull timing and boost and dump fuel extremely fast when it sees any knock.

Ah, just wondered.  Admittedly, I haven’t played with turbo stuff since my DSM days.  I miss my Talon :( 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I didn’t read but I’m guessing Bhen :Khashoggi:Toyler?

And Dave and HSR and about 2 dozen retarded assholes on HCS.....of course Derpbroski threw in with the morons and grabbed himself a handful of owned too

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Sludge has won lots of races in/on both cars and sleds, my bet is he knows clutching, and has the trophys to prove it :) he is very well regarded 

Well toyler, now you got momo backing you up. Your credibility just took a massive hit

Thanks retard momo

10 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

No of course you can drive it. It’ll just be Shitty and way slower than someone who knows what they’re doing 

no different than taking a clutch off a 600 and putting it on an 800 and saying it’s perfectly fine because it will drive :lol: 

Ben has turned this so that he is making it look like we don't know that a simple CVT clutch will "work" in any design.  :lol: 

10 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

You could admit you are wrong but you won’t :lol: 

If he starts enough threads over two forums tho....and twists it just right.......NEVER WRONG!  :lmao:

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Let me see if I can help you understand what Ben is saying.  

On a typical mountain sled you want to clutch for the altitude you will be playing at most that day.  Say that's 8000' and you clutch it light for 8000' because you have about 20% less HP at 8000' than you do at 1000'.  You clutched light and made max power at 8300 RPM.  As you get back down from elevation you're making more HP and your clutching is too light allowing the engine to over rev.  To compensate you back off the timing and reduce the RPM and HP.  Same clutching, reduced RPM, similar or slightly more HP with reduced timing.  

A centrifugal clutch responds solely to RPM.  An engine making 150HP at 8000rpm could surely use the same clutching to a similar motor making 250HP at 9000rpm.  This is basic tuning.  Is the clutching perfect on both sleds, No but its close enough for the average guy out playing on the lake or on the trails.  Perfect clutching is a fairy tale.  There are tradeoffs across the entire temperature and altitude range unless you're boosted.  

Ben is correct about this.  It's fairly easy to see for most people.  

Well, that's what he is saying now.  But that's not what started all this.  Everyone here knows the simplicity of a CVT clutch.  At least I hope they do.

9 hours ago, DAVE said:

Im really surprised Tom is taking Bens side on this.

Dont ever pm me text me or call me again got dammit Tom!!!!!!!

:lol: :lmao: :lol2:

He's taking the side that Ben has turned this into.  "Here's how sled clucthing works...WHO DISAGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111"  :lmao:

9 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think he feels bad for him lol

I do too.  This was/is an embarrassing romp in the sled perfomance tuning category for Ben.

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

And Dave and HSR and about 2 dozen retarded assholes on HCS.....of course Derpbroski threw in with the morons and grabbed himself a handful of owned too

Dude....you've been man-handled there.  Here's the bottom line, if you are doing any perfomance tuning on a sled and you think leaving the stock clutches alone is a good idea...you should have your tools AND your sled taken away.   :lmao:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Ben has turned this so that he is making it look like we don't know that a simple CVT clutch will "work" in any design.  :lol: 

If he starts enough threads over two forums tho....and twists it just right.......NEVER WRONG!  :lmao:

Well, that's what he is saying now.  But that's not what started all this.  Everyone here knows the simplicity of a CVT clutch.  At least I hope they do.

He's taking the side that Ben has turned this into.  "Here's how sled clucthing works...WHO DISAGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111"  :lmao:

I do too.  This was/is an embarrassing romp in the sled perfomance tuning category for Ben.

Dude....you've been man-handled there.  Here's the bottom line, if you are doing any perfomance tuning on a sled and you think leaving the stock clutches alone is a good idea...you should have your tools AND your sled taken away.   :lmao:

Tyler said no gains with a tune and stock clutching. I disagreed 

HSR said you could not make the same clutching work at varying power levels

I disagreed

That is 100% of the argument you brain dead fuck