Check your account email address ×

Good talk

f7ben

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Did you get an email from d&d yet?

Yup....they said their tune adds roughly 90hp to the sled and is meant to run on stock clutching. They said anyone disputing that is free to contact them to discuss.

They also said Dumb Dave is a fucking moron who doesnt know the first thing about clutching or turbos and that he should kill himself with a plastic fork.

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup....they said their tune adds roughly 90hp to the sled and is meant to run on stock clutching. They said anyone disputing that is free to contact them to discuss.

They also said Dumb Dave is a fucking moron who doesnt know the first thing about clutching or turbos and that he should kill himself with a plastic fork.

:lol:

Funny it says different on hcs

Just now, DAVE said:

Yes it does!!!

Tommcat is a fucking retard.....I should have known better than calling that dumbfuck out.

He doesnt even know why power peaks and falls off on a turbo motor. Its mind numbing

5 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

New guy:

"Hey, just added 90hp to my sled. Do I need to adjust clutching?"

Ben: "no"

If the motor rpm stayed the same after the 90hp increase what would you do with the clutching. 

Give us your tuning recomendations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Pick any clutching you want. A 90hp sweep it's going to over or under rev with same weights at different hp levels.

It’s a way they con citiots into buying their crap.

yup yup 90 hp with just a tune on pump gas but don’t load up cause it’ll detonate like crazy :lol: 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

You think a sled making 90 more hp pulling stock clutching is not going to over rev?

Sweet fuck man!

Define "over rev" 

Guys run turbos on the same clutching from 7500rpm to 9k rpm.....there is no such thing as "over rev" until you float the valves or run out of compressor or find some restriction preventing more flow.

Obviously clutches start to become inefficient past 9k plus rpms so most stay below that even with HD valve springs

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It’s a way they con citiots into buying their crap.

yup yup 90 hp with just a tune on pump gas but don’t load up cause it’ll detonate like crazy :lol: 

That's right....if you load that type of tune too hard it will knock bad. 

I can tell you the z1 with stock clutching and slingshot flash is much faster than it was when setup with the speedwerx clutching a 4 stage tune.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I got that call about Dave too.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's right....if you load that type of tune too hard it will knock bad. 

I can tell you the z1 with stock clutching and slingshot flash is much faster than it was when setup with the speedwerx clutching a 4 stage tune.

Imagine if it was clutched properly and not for mindless citiots 

• Like 1

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Imagine if it was clutched properly and not for mindless citiots 

You cant add any weight at all to the primary.....it pulls timing and boost right away if it doesn't rev

There may be some gains in the secondary but it runs so well right now there is no sense in him messing with it