Check your account email address ×

Grand Touring

43 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Jeremy and the boys go to Detroit to test muscle cars. It’s a must watch. 

the last two specials just have not lived up to the top gear ones imo

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

It's pretty stupid that they claim the Camaro has "stock Camaro brakes" without explaining what a ZL1 is... it's not like the thing's got the brakes that come on the V6 model guys, do your research.

Stock means factory installed. Which they are. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Stock means factory installed. Which they are. 

I understand that, but look at it in the context of the episode. Literally EVERYTHING on the Demon is stock... but they don't use that as an excuse to rag on its brakes compared to the Mustang... Bottom line is that it was poor writing to act like the ZL1 was just a basic ass Camaro with a huge supercharger on it. It made the whole comparison feel cheap and scripted.

Just now, Wildboer said:

I understand that, but look at it in the context of the episode. Literally EVERYTHING on the Demon is stock... but they don't use that as an excuse to rag on its brakes compared to the Mustang... Bottom line is that it was poor writing to act like the ZL1 was just a basic ass Camaro with a huge supercharger on it. It made the whole comparison feel cheap and scripted.

Keeping everything in context, that didn’t bother me at all. Overall the mustang, while not the fastest, is the best of the three. Very enjoyable episode. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Keeping everything in context, that didn’t bother me at all. Overall the mustang, while not the fastest, is the best of the three. Very enjoyable episode. 

I think acknowledging that the ZL1 already comes with upgraded brakes would have been more forward, but I agree the fact of the matter is that Stang was the best of the bunch overall. Also The only reason the demon beat the exorcist in a straight line is that May can't drive for shit :lol: 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Btw, what is it with the guts on those guys? Jeremy is obviously the gut king, but even Hammond is catching up. 

Dude, Jeremy's belly has seriously ballooned since the Top Gear days, didn't notice Hammond's but I'll look for it in the next episode lol

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

I think acknowledging that the ZL1 already comes with upgraded brakes would have been more forward, but I agree the fact of the matter is that Stang was the best of the bunch overall. Also The only reason the demon beat the exorcist in a straight line is that May can't drive for shit :lol: 

Dude, Jeremy's belly has seriously ballooned since the Top Gear days, didn't notice Hammond's but I'll look for it in the next episode lol

Yeah, Hammond has always been a runner. I was surprised. May wears a Hawaiian, tent shirt while Jeremy tucks. They are funny. 

I find their new show a little more "down to earth" if that is even the right way to explain it compared to the flat out over scripted Top Gear became in the last 3ish seasons. Although I find both shows extremely enjoyable.

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What network is it on?

Amazon Prime video. Free if you have an Amazon Prime account. If not, the easiest way to see it for free is to wait till the whole season is out (as they put one episode out a week unless it is a two part special), and get 30 days free trial and binge watch it lol.

12 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Amazon Prime video. Free if you have an Amazon Prime account. If not, the easiest way to see it for free is to wait till the whole season is out (as they put one episode out a week unless it is a two part special), and get 30 days free trial and binge watch it lol.

If you pay for streaming instead of using someone else's sign in you're probably not a good friend :news: