Check your account email address ×

Minnesota attorney general files fraud suit against Comcast

ckf

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) Minnesota's attorney general is suing Comcast/Xfinity, alleging the company has overcharged thousands of consumers for cable TV packages, charged them for unordered equipment and services, and failed to deliver on promised Visa gift cards.

Attorney General Lori Swanson says the lawsuit follows more than two years of investigation.

The lawsuit, filed in Hennepin County District Court in Minneapolis on Friday, alleges consumer fraud and deceptive trade practices. It seeks a court order to stop Comcast's allegedly deceptive business practices, and for unspecified amounts of restitution, civil penalties and legal fees.

Swanson says a trial is underway in a similar lawsuit in Washington state, and that Comcast recently agreed to settle a similar case in Massachusetts.

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/503337651.html?fbclid=IwAR2JULiNUJ38D2EihqFXCcsZDYvfWl_T60PTTRlSXVShE6DD-YcG5hPSbQg

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck yes...these cable providers are worse than the mafia! 

I really should cut the cord and just stream. My only concern in Auto Racing and the NFL :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

I really should cut the cord and just stream. My only concern in Auto Racing and the NFL :dunno:

That's where I am at too, I love me some Motorsports

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd prefer the mafia.  They are better run.

Ha...good point!

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That's where I am at too, I love me some Motorsports

We are looking into options as well but like you guys I can't lose those things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Here's the thing with these fucks...I did that, went Roku but, the only service for cable internet is Charter.  So, when I called to cancel my "tv" package and just keep internet, they told me my internet was going to go up and gigs going to get dropped because I no longer have their tv package.  :lmao: So, reality...I'm still getting bent over by cable but enjoy the streaming apps of Roku anyway.  Phone and Cable.  Got you fucked anyway you want to play.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Here's the thing with these fucks...I did that, went Roku but, the only service for cable internet is Charter.  So, when I called to cancel my "tv" package and just keep internet, they told me my internet was going to go up and gigs going to get dropped because I no longer have their tv package.  :lmao: So, reality...I'm still getting bent over by cable but enjoy the streaming apps of Roku anyway.  Phone and Cable.  Got you fucked anyway you want to play.  

Hahaha...cocksuckers! We have Charter as well and I hate the fuckers but their internet is great.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hahaha...cocksuckers! We have Charter as well and I hate the fuckers but their internet is great.

It is.  But not as good as it used to be.  It loses service more than it used to.  Problem is, any phone service is just a joke compared to cable internet.  We tried them a few years ago and just painfully slow with a teenage daughter using up all the god damn bandwidth!  I wish she'd move out...and quit eating all my fucking Toll house!!!!!  :lmao:

• Haha 1

I do have to say I have Verizon FiOS TV and internet, and they have been great over the past 10 years..bill has always been constant..Their picture is way better that Time Warner/Spectrum. 

2 hours ago, ckf said:

It's a little tough to get used to but I'm glad I did it. 

• Like 1