Check your account email address ×

Suggestions needed for slinger's $100.00.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because it calls to question the motivation of the good deeds being done. Is it for personal gratification or vanity? I have little respect for people that brag about their charitable deeds.

I've gone so far as to request my name be left out of donor lists for orgs I am involved with

This. 

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because it calls to question the motivation of the good deeds being done. Is it for personal gratification or vanity? I have little respect for people that brag about their charitable deeds.

I've gone so far as to request my name be left out of donor lists for orgs I am involved with

I have helped raise thousands by making my charitable donations public, I have been on the committee for many charitable events and the way you raise money is by asking and making known you are personally involved, I make some large donations and I ask for large donations, an example is I'm an event sponsor for a large gala raising money for cancer research that is happening in two weeks and I will have seven other people that I invited at my table, and some/maybe all of them will get involved with the silent auctions and or just make direct donations.

It's the way it works Ben, and it's the end result which is what it's all about.

22 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

But you obviously see how hard that would be. :lol: 

It would be impossible.  My posts aren't meant for "simples".  :lol: 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I tend to agree here.  Nothing wrong with volunteering charity causes or information when asked but....at a point it just seems more like "look at me!" bullshit.  But, it doesn't bother me too much, either way, somebody that can give back is doing so.  Their reasons can be whatever they want I suppose.  "Vanity" is weird.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I tend to agree here.  Nothing wrong with volunteering charity causes or information when asked but....at a point it just seems more like "look at me!" bullshit.  But, it doesn't bother me too much, either way, somebody that can give back is doing so.  Their reasons can be whatever they want I suppose.  "Vanity" is weird.

Vince is a generous guy but his "business" is doing the charity and its a means of self promotion. I agree , nothing necessarily wrong with it.....I have friends that use charity as a tool for advertising and self promotion. Its a resume builder also. It just strikes me more hollow when I have it waved in my face 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Vince is a generous guy but his "business" is doing the charity and its a means of self promotion. I agree , nothing necessarily wrong with it.....I have friends that use charity as a tool for advertising and self promotion. Its a resume builder also. It just strikes me more hollow when I have it waved in my face 

Businesses thrive on it.  Especially when media gives them free promos.  Like I said, nothing wrong with it at all.  But, let's not pretend it's all just out of the "generousity of our hearts".  Some people like to convince themselves otherwise.  It's transparent to all but them I think.  Kinda like hypocrisy.

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh yeah your posts are provocative and deep! :handjob: :lol:

I don't donate to big corporate charities and I will never donate to any "cancer research" "heart disease" or any other curable disease fraud outfit. 

We do stuff that has real faces close to home and can see the impact ourselves. No offense to anybody else but for me just throwing a check at some faceless entity who says they are doing stuff doesn't give me the satisfaction of feeling like I am helping. Especially when they haven't shown to have really accomplished anything significant in their entire existence and have big payroll and admin expenses. 

However I have had personal experience with make a wish and really like them... 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If you say so.  That's why you shouldn't try to read them.  Hey, try a sled shop manual read instead.  Owners manual?  :lol:

I try not to, gives me a headache. But you post in every thread. :lol:

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

I try not to, gives me a headache. But you post in every thread. :lol:

I can read a shop manual (when I need to) and posting here doesn't give me a headache.  

Try a stronger prescription.  Or, weaker?  :lmao:

I can read a shop manual (when I need to) and posting here doesn't give me a headache.  

Try a stronger prescription.  Or, weaker?  :lmao:

FYI I do all of my own maintence. If it gives you the giggles to think I don't please keep on.. However I usually just trade in for new before things get too shoddy. :bc:

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

FYI I do all of my own maintence. If it gives you the giggles to think I don't please keep on.. However I usually just trade in for new before things get too shoddy. :bc:

Doesn't give me "the giggles" at all.  Plus, you just lied.  Ooops.  Or were you lying when you said you paid to have your maintenance done?  :lol: 

I don't care, dude...I don't ride with you....or your type.  Enjoy your 800 rought trail/off trail sled lake racing!  VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!   :lmao:

Doesn't give me "the giggles" at all.  Plus, you just lied.  Ooops.  Or were you lying when you said you paid to have your maintenance done?  :lol: 

I don't care, dude...I don't ride with you....or your type.  Enjoy your 800 rought trail/off trail sled lake racing!  VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!   :lmao:

When did I say that?

:lol: So you are denying you posted that you pay somebody to do your sled maint?

Maintenance yes. I do all of my own maintenance. If I am doing a track swap or something I'll have my shop mechanic help me. But he is on my payroll everyday. I can't think of the last time I paid a shop to do any maintenance. But refresh my memory...

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

When did I say that?

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: So you are denying you posted that you pay somebody to do your sled maint?

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Maintenance yes. I do all of my own maintenance. If I am doing a track swap or something I'll have my shop mechanic help me. But he is on my payroll everyday. I can't think of the last time I paid a shop to do any maintenance. But refresh my memory...

KHASHOGGI'D!  :lol:

KHASHOGGI'D!  :lol:

Boom! Good catch eagle eye! Haven't taken those shocks off yet tho as I'm still debating on whether or not to trade in on that new xc...