Check your account email address ×

Oh but I thought this was a free country

jtssrx

The country is not free at all. There are literally 1000s of administrative laws on the books and there are 1000s of pigs for every single one of those ready and willing to remove your wealth or freedom.

We are a nation of suckers and slaves. Those who make and enforce the laws are not subject to them 

What exactly did these guys hurt by cutting down the trees?  Granted, we don't know the whole story, but probably nothing.  But now some asshole on a town board thinks they should be fined because they didn't ask permission.  Some people get into authoritative positions and think they run the show.  Where is the common sense of these people. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What exactly did these guys hurt by cutting down the trees?  Granted, we don't know the whole story, but probably nothing.  But now some asshole on a town board thinks they should be fined because they didn't ask permission.  Some people get into authoritative positions and think they run the show.  Where is the common sense of these people. 

Haha....priceless.😆

30 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So Fox news didn't give you the full story.

Weird.

• Haha 1

We can't remove live trees within so many feet of any lake, I believe it's 100 feet, dead or dying can be removed however. Also cannot create any non vegetative surface (like a boat launch) which might allow pollutants to flow into the water. 

Just now, XCR1250 said:

We can't remove live trees within so many feet of any lake, I believe it's 100 feet, dead or dying can be removed however. Also cannot create any non vegetative surface (like a boat launch) which might allow pollutants to flow into the water. 

Yep. Laws like these are plentiful and normal.

Same at brother's camp. Only cut a certain percentage.

Want to trim some tree's at the cabin in Wisconsin but can't touch anything without permission from 75' from the NHWM without permission.  Crazy.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Want to trim some tree's at the cabin in Wisconsin but can't touch anything without permission from 75' from the NHWM without permission.  Crazy.  

I guess that's correct, couldn't recall the distance as I haven't lived on a lake for some years now even though there is a 1700 acre lake across the road from me.

I cant disturb a fucking lilly pad within 100' of the shore at our family lake place.......but the state gladly granted permit for a logging company to clear cut 160 acres right up to the fucking shoreline on the lake. There was so much outrage the residents on the lake sued and the court stopped the logging. Eventually the state compromised and the logger had to leave several trees at the shoreline. It still totally changed the lake and destroyed a beautiful view.

Government is basically nothing more than a means of legal extortion and faggot ass pieces of shit that join law enforcement agencies or the military are just their jack booted thugs.

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I cant disturb a fucking lilly pad within 100' of the shore at our family lake place.......but the state gladly granted permit for a logging company to clear cut 160 acres right up to the fucking shoreline on the lake. There was so much outrage the residents on the lake sued and the court stopped the logging. Eventually the state compromised and the logger had to leave several trees at the shoreline. It still totally changed the lake and destroyed a beautiful view.

Government is basically nothing more than a means of legal extortion and faggot ass pieces of shit that join law enforcement agencies or the military are just their jack booted thugs.

I was informed we can remove them manually just need a permit to treat them chemically.   I can respect that.  

These appear to work pretty good.   Gonna give them a shot next summer.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

I was informed we can remove them manually just need a permit to treat them chemically.   I can respect that.  

I just think there are far too many laws , rules , regulations etc etc etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I just think there are far too many laws , rules , regulations etc etc etc. 

Oh I won't argue with that.  :bc:

Yeah...read this the other day.  Government overreach with the full intent of money grabbing by absurd permits, taxes or fines.  Period.  

Fuck around and disturb some swampy mudland here in Minnesota that is growing cattails in it.....they be coming for yer czeckbuuk!!

Just now, Highmark said:

Oh I won't argue with that.  :bc:

I listened to a TED talk about the current state of our governance and the amount of laws that are on the books. It was simply mind blowing. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...read this the other day.  Government overreach with the full intent of money grabbing by absurd permits, taxes or fines.  Period.  

Fuck around and disturb some swampy mudland here in Minnesota that is growing cattails in it.....they be coming for yer czeckbuuk!!

Damn govt loves their cattails!   

Just now, f7ben said:

I listened to a TED talk about the current state of our governance and the amount of laws that are on the books. It was simply mind blowing. 

Yep the more laws the larger the govt.   The larger the govt the more money they need.   The more money they get the more things they do to protect and preserve that power.   I think you know where I'm going with this.  

Damn govt loves their cattails!   

Yuh.  It’s insane here.  Like that last parcel I tried to buy and had some retard come out and show me why I couldn’t cover up the puddles for the sake of the endangered parasitic amoeba marsh dwelling snipe because they were part of the food chain.

Smh.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep the more laws the larger the govt.   The larger the govt the more money they need.   The more money they get the more things they do to protect and preserve that power.   I think you know where I'm going with this.  

I think there are functions of government that are positive. Collectively benefiting society. Health Care could be one of those. 

Telling someone what time of the day they can water their grass or take a shit is not one of those

Just now, f7ben said:

I think there are functions of government that are positive. Collectively benefiting society. Health Care could be one of those. 

Telling someone what time of the day they can water their grass or take a shit is not one of those

Its not that there couldn't be some benefit for some people.   Its the size and power the govt becomes when we turn that over and the potential consequences of that sacrifice.  Without a doubt the left would go after every single gun owner that ever walked into a mental health physician's office.  

There are many things with govt that the same can be said.   Our communications systems for example.   Having them involved can be beneficial but is it worth what they have access to?   

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Building this house was an amazing feat of trying to negotiate my way out of fines and penalties, reducing additional permit costs and just overall fuckery this area tried to shove on me the whole time.  I understand now why there are so many “tax forfeited” lands for sale.   They want their taxes for the land....but won’t let you do anything with it?!?!?!

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its not that there couldn't be some benefit for some people.   Its the size and power the govt becomes when we turn that over and the potential consequences of that sacrifice.  Without a doubt the left would go after every single gun owner that ever walked into a mental health physician's office.  

There are many things with govt that the same can be said.   Our communications systems for example.   Having them involved can be beneficial but is it worth what they have access to?   

This boils down to decentralization of power......state and local needs to wield the majority of the power in this country. The Fed needs to be whacked about 90%

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Building this house was an amazing feat of trying to negotiate my way out of fines and penalties, reducing additional permit costs and just overall fuckery this area tried to shove on me the whole time.  I understand now why there are so many “tax forfeited” lands for sale.   They want their taxes for the land....but won’t let you do anything with it?!?!?!

Yup.....its fucking insane.