Check your account email address ×

GLOBAL WARMING THREAD

I will start off :)

Not only temperature, absolutely nothing that is occurring now in either weather or climate is anywhere near out of the ordinary over the past 10,000 years. No evidence that the rate of change has increased, or the frequency of severe weather, or anything.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

High around 60 today.  High tomorrow supposed to be mid 30's and snow.  GW is every other day now I guess.  I'll wait fot the scientific answers....

Do you want your funding?  A simple yes or no will do.

• Platinum Contributing Member

As soon as they come up with a plan that involves not enriching the govt or govt cronies when "combating climate change" I'll listen.   Until then its just govt being govt wanting to control us and more importantly our money.     

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you want your funding?  A simple yes or no will do.

That's clear for those with eyes to see.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

As soon as they come up with a plan that involves not enriching the govt or govt cronies when "combating climate change" I'll listen.   Until then its just govt being govt wanting to control us and more importantly our money.     

Let me know too!  I like to listen to good plans also.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

"The science is settled"

If this didn't wake the retards up....well, dead people walking.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Lots of reasons not to wait.  I’ve been doing simple things like replacing most of my lights with LED’s.  I’ll enjoy a lower monthly electric bill, the led lights in the garage will actually light up when it’s 20 below, when I get ready to put in a whole house propane generator I can size it smaller, the LED lights produce less waste heat, so my AC doesn’t have to work as hard, etc.  That’s just one example of something pretty much anyone can do for little up front cost and tons of benefits.

2 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Lots of reasons not to wait.  I’ve been doing simple things like replacing most of my lights with LED’s.  I’ll enjoy a lower monthly electric bill, the led lights in the garage will actually light up when it’s 20 below, when I get ready to put in a whole house propane generator I can size it smaller, the LED lights produce less waste heat, so my AC doesn’t have to work as hard, etc.  That’s just one example of something pretty much anyone can do for little up front cost and tons of benefits.

Incandescents turn on at 20 below also :) 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Went to led's few years ago but only to save me money.   Might be doing solar in the next 5 years.   Same reason. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Went to led's few years ago but only to save me money.   Might be doing solar in the next 5 years.   Same reason. 

They outlawed incandescents so everyone is eventually going to them :guzzle: 

19 minutes ago, Momorider said:

They outlawed incandescents so everyone is eventually going to them :guzzle: 

Not down here.  I can still get regular incandescents and their slightly better version, halogen in the stores.  I've got a couple of fixtures that LED's just don't look good in, so I'm rocking halogens in those for now.  I don't think it will be long before they improve LED technology to work for me in those locations.  I'm on the pickier side of how my lighting "looks" though.  Really, most anti global warming measures are at their core, energy saving measures since much of our energy is sourced from fossil fuels.  And energy costs money, so a lot of it can certainly be a money saving thing too.  Making sure your car tires are aired up to the proper psi, so you get the better mpg's than if you're 5 lbs low, how much does that cost?  Not much.  Instead of thinking of "greenie" things as only being for the environment, think of them as "greenie" things that help you save greenbacks - or whatever you call your currency up there.

2 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Not down here.  I can still get regular incandescents and their slightly better version, halogen in the stores.  I've got a couple of fixtures that LED's just don't look good in, so I'm rocking halogens in those for now.  I don't think it will be long before they improve LED technology to work for me in those locations.  I'm on the pickier side of how my lighting "looks" though.  Really, most anti global warming measures are at their core, energy saving measures since much of our energy is sourced from fossil fuels.  And energy costs money, so a lot of it can certainly be a money saving thing too.  Making sure your car tires are aired up to the proper psi, so you get the better mpg's than if you're 5 lbs low, how much does that cost?  Not much.  Instead of thinking of "greenie" things as only being for the environment, think of them as "greenie" things that help you save greenbacks - or whatever you call your currency up there.

They are here and I think its coming there. The cheapest heat and power generation is fossil fuel next to Nuclear. Wind and Solar are astronomically more expensive :flush: 

21 minutes ago, Momorider said:

They are here and I think its coming there. The cheapest heat and power generation is fossil fuel next to Nuclear. Wind and Solar are astronomically more expensive :flush: 

Those things aren't for you then.  Just focus on the stuff that saves you money for now.  Eventually technology will make other sources of energy more attractive .  Government investment will expedite that process.  Running out of fossil fuels will certainly expedite things as well.