Check your account email address ×

Anybody have hearing aids?

BOHICA

6 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Mother fucker!!!!!!  Beat me to it.  :lol:

I’ve got tinnitus from my idiocy in the military.  If I try, I can hear it...then it takes me a bit to learn to ignore it again.   Kinda like my wife’s incessant rambling.  :lmao:

I think it’s actually making me go insane!!!!!!!!  (The tinnitus.... I’m much more adept at ignoring my wife).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Nod and smile has worked out good for me.

yup.  I just wonder what i have agreed to over the years. :lol:

Every now and then wife will chime in. ......NOT A YES OR NO QUESTION!! He don't know wtf your saying, stone deaf.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Mother fucker!!!!!!  Beat me to it.  :lol:

I’ve got tinnitus from my idiocy in the military.  If I try, I can hear it...then it takes me a bit to learn to ignore it again.   Kinda like my wife’s incessant rambling.  :lmao:

I think it’s actually making me go insane!!!!!!!!  (The tinnitus.... I’m much more adept at ignoring my wife).

Can't sleep without fan to drown out ringing.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

I had mild loss and occasional ringing until 2012....  then we got a bunch of ram cummins on my crew.  I know the DB those things put out over an 8 hour day exceeded osha limits for operating with out hearing protection.  The last year of having those I would wear hearing protection, driving those.

my mild loss prior to those cummins was from turbo 2 strokes arctic cats and Harley Davidson.

25 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I had mild loss and occasional ringing until 2012....  then we got a bunch of ram cummins on my crew.  I know the DB those things put out over an 8 hour day exceeded osha limits for operating with out hearing protection.  The last year of having those I would wear hearing protection, driving those.

my mild loss prior to those cummins was from turbo 2 strokes arctic cats and Harley Davidson.

:lol:

its all cummins fault. My 07.5 cummins stock was quieter then my 14 powerstroke.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, DAVE said:

its all cummins fault. My 07.5 cummins stock was quieter then my 14 powerstroke.

After many miles in those you would get out and have that feeling that you were trying to listen through water.  These were 5500’s base models with no carpet floors and prolly no sound deadening and had 4:88 gears so at 75 mph the were turning 2700-2800 rpm...  pretty damn loud for hours on end.

Edited by BOHICA

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

After many miles in those you would get out a have that feeling that you were trying to listen through water.  These were 5500’s base models with no carpet floors that had 4:88 gears so at 75 mph the were turning 2700-2800 rpm...  pretty damn loud for hours on end.

Please... save the bullshit.

i didnt even have to turn my 07.5 off at the drive thru it was so quiet.

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

After many miles in those you would get out and have that feeling that you were trying to listen through water.  These were 5500’s base models with no carpet floors and prolly no sound deadening and had 4:88 gears so at 75 mph the were turning 2700-2800 rpm...  pretty damn loud for hours on end.

Getting hearing aids sooner rather than later will preserve hearing longer. They stimulate the nerve fibers which result in neuronal pathways to the brain staying active. Those that don’t address hearing issues will experience a much faster decline. Missing pieces of conversation eventually result in social isolation and possible early onset of dementia. Unattended hearing issues have some pretty serious long term consequences. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Getting hearing aids sooner rather than later will preserve hearing longer. They stimulate the nerve fibers which result in neuronal pathways to the brain staying active. Those that don’t address hearing issues will experience a much faster decline. Missing pieces of conversation eventually result in social isolation and possible early onset of dementia. Unattended hearing issues have some pretty serious long term consequences. 

Lower frequency sounds I have mild loss......  mid to high frequency the loss increases thru the mild to moderate and just getting into the severe category as the frequency increases.  Ended up getting some Resound brand aids....  $2499.98.  Insurance covers it.  Blue tooth’s to my phone and tv as well which will be nice.

walked around Costco for 1/2 hour on the demo and it was amazing what I wasn’t hearing in the past....  I had no idea that they had sound playing on the tv’s.  Never heard the tv’s before in all my other visits to Costco.

cool thing about Costco is if I damage or lose one in the first 2 years it is replaced no questions ask.  Have a 3 year warranty as well.

pretty damn excited about it all!!!!

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Going in to Costco tomorrow.  Know I need them.  Any tips, things to look for when selecting and getting hearing aids?

You're a young guy, did you lose hearing naturally of was it just a lot of loud noise that fucked your hearing up?

9 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

71 years old and only hearing issues are some tone deafness in my right ear from shooting large caliber pistols without proper ear protection.

71!!!!! You old bastid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol2::lol2::lol2:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You're a young guy, did you lose hearing naturally of was it just a lot of loud noise that fucked your hearing up?

41 years old.  I have 2 osha recordables on hearing loss in the workplace....

loud noises at work...  last few years I step out of the truck and go to work I throw plugs in.  Started wearing plugs while driving if it’s a diesel 5500/550 trucks a couple years ago.  Any of our big equipment if I drive any of it I put hear protection plugs in as well.  I’m glad I’m a boss now cause I don’t need much besides my brain so I have a gas truck...  much quieter to run around in.

i use any motorized equipment at my house I have hearing protection on now.... lawn mower, weed eater, pressure washer.

• Gold Member

Here is my hearing test log...  my left ear took a beating in the military.  Shooting and those deuce and 1/2’s and HEMTT’s were hell on the left ear....  fucking 2 stroke diesel pieces of shit!  Right ear was good but ended up getting fucked along the way.

6F760A07-1C9A-44FA-A04A-FAE02388F0F1.thumb.jpeg.a4af5cc2252bcbc81eaf1d9c62af477d.jpeg

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

41 years old.  I have 2 osha recordables on hearing loss in the workplace....

loud noises at work...  last few years I step out of the truck and go to work I throw plugs in.  Started wearing plugs while driving if it’s a diesel 5500/550 trucks a couple years ago.  Any of our big equipment if I drive any of it I put hear protection plugs in as well.  I’m glad I’m a boss now cause I don’t need much besides my brain so I have a gas truck...  much quieter to run around in.

i use any motorized equipment at my house I have hearing protection on now.... lawn mower, weed eater, pressure washer.

Good idea, I'm going to start doing the same. My hearing is great when I'm out in the woods or any other place where it's relatively quiet, but when I'm out at a bar and there is a lot of background noise I have a hard time hearing what someone is saying when we're having a conversation.

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good idea, I'm going to start doing the same. My hearing is great when I'm out in the woods or any other place where it's relatively quiet, but when I'm out at a bar and there is a lot of background noise I have a hard time hearing what someone is saying when we're having a conversation.

My shooting ear protection hang on my weed eater....  it’s the first piece of equipment I use in my yard work regime.  So I put it in.  Now it is such habit that if I pull in a pull cord I can’t do it without having my hearing protection on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cold War said:

yup.  I just wonder what i have agreed to over the years. :lol:

Every now and then wife will chime in. ......NOT A YES OR NO QUESTION!! He don't know wtf your saying, stone deaf.

Can't sleep without fan to drown out ringing.

can't sleep without a fan to drown out wifes snoring