Check your account email address ×

Canadian dairy farmers fume that concessions granted US in new trade deal are too costly

• Platinum Contributing Member
  • Canadian dairy farmers say the renegotiated deal with the U.S. to replace NAFTA could lead to hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue for producers.
  • President Donald Trump has previously blasted Canada's protectionist dairy policies as "not fair to our farmers" and harmful to milk producers in Wisconsin and other border states.
  • The newly minted United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement provides the U.S. with access to about 3.6 percent of Canada's dairy market and gets rid of a controversial domestic milk pricing class.
  • The leader of a Canadian dairy trade group says the new trade pact was a sign that Canada's dairy farmers "are nothing more than a bargaining chip to satisfy President Trump."

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

@frenchy said this was absolutely nothing 

For a deal that accomplished “nothing” some of the Canadian folks on here sure seemed pissed about it. Hmmmm.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

For a deal that accomplished “nothing” some of the Canadian folks on here sure seemed pissed about it. Hmmmm.

They're pissed at how little it matters and how nothing changed 

Nawwww....I heard this deal is EXACTLY the same as NAFTA 1.  Just political fodder for the dumper, lumper, trumpers..  

Canadians just aren’t reading it correctly!!!!  I guess something got lost in the English to French translation?  :dunno:  Or, is t being translated into Arabic?   :lmao:

58 minutes ago, f7ben said:

@frenchy said this was absolutely nothing 

0.29% more than was offered in TPP and implemented in stages over 10 years? 

Yep. Pretty close to nothing. Sorry you’re too dense to figure that out. 

And of course dairy farmers are up in arms. It’s one of the strongest lobbies in this country. 

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

0.39% more than was offered in TPP and implemented in stages over 10 years? 

Yep. Pretty close to nothing. Sorry you’re too dense to figure that out. 

And of course dairy farmers are up in arms. It’s one of the strongest lobbies in this country. 

I dont give a flying fuck about your TPP talking point. How much more than NAFTA you retard?

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nawwww....I heard this deal is EXACTLY the same as NAFTA 1.  Just political fodder for the dumper, lumper, trumpers..  

Canadians just aren’t reading it correctly!!!!  I guess something got lost in the English to French translation?  :dunno:  Or, is t being translated into Arabic?   :lmao:

Or from Arabic.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont give a flying fuck about your TPP talking point. How much more than NAFTA you retard?

Canada was already willing to give 3.25% before trump.  DUH! 

So the best negotiator ever got a whopping extra 0.29% but has to wait 10 years to see it? LMFAO. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8034442

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

So the best negotiator ever got a whopping extra 0.29% but has to wait 10 years to see it? LMFAO. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8034442

Lol!

Better be careful, I heard Trump is going to ask the King of Norway to be his “+1” at the next world leadership affair.   :lmao:

I’d better be careful, RevBetaCuck only has a couple toes left on the stool and I’m here giving dance instruction.   :lol:

11 minutes ago, frenchy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8034442

How much better than the existing deal you retarded fuck

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

An extra 0.29% on top of what they would have gotten anyways, but over 10 years instead of immediately is SFA. SBYL. 

The TPP was shit....it was never going to be signed. How much better than NAFTA you dumbass. That's all that matters

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Poor Frenchy.....nooks are pissed and he dont know why

Farmers are pissed. Any time any protected group gets anything taken away they will be pissed. 

Bottom line is it won’t really affect them that much and most will survive. And a precious few corporate farms in he US will benefit but again from an American economy perspective nothing more than a blip on the radar. Dairy was and remains a political talking point created for guys like you to lap up. 

Just now, frenchy said:

Farmers are pissed. Any time any protected group gets anything taken away they will be pissed. 

Bottom line is it won’t really affect them that much and most will survive. And a precious few corporate farms in he US will benefit but again from an American economy perspective nothing more than a blip on the radar. Dairy was and remains a political talking point created for guys like you to lap up. 

So it was a win for US dairy farmers ...got it