Check your account email address ×

Kav has the votes needed

Manchin will vote yes on Kavanaugh, too

Minutes after Sen. Susan Collins announced on the Senate floor that she would vote yes to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Sen. Joe Manchin, a red-state Democrat, released a statement declaring his support.

"I have reservations about this vote given the serious accusations against Judge Kavanaugh and the temperament he displayed in the hearing," Manchin wrote, expressing sympathy for sexual assault survivors.

"However, based on all of the information I have available to me, including the recently completed FBI report, I have found Judge Kavanaugh to be a qualified jurist who will follow the Constitution and determine cases based on the legal findings before him."

"That is why I voted to confirm Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination to serve on the Supreme Court because I believe he will rule in a manner that is consistent with our Constitution.”

Read the full statement:

I will vote to support Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh. pic.twitter.com/1FfuMTOZz8

— Senator Joe Manchin (@Sen_JoeManchin) October 5, 2018

16 min ago

Susan Collins: "I will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh"

Sen. Susan Collins, speaking from the Senate floor Friday afternoon, said she will vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

"Despite the turbulent, bitter fight surrounding his nomination, my fervent hope is that Brett Kavanaugh will work to lessen the divisions in the Supreme Court so that we have far fewer 5-4 decisions and so that public confidence in our judiciary and our highest court is restored," she said.

"Mr. President, I will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh," Collins said.

Her announcement essentially secures that the judge has enough support to be confirmed when a final vote takes place Saturday.

Before announcing her decision, Collins explained her past voting record for Supreme Court justices in a 45-minute speech.

The Maine Republican said she voted to advance Supreme Court justice nominations under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

15 min ago

Collins says she found Ford's testimony sincere, but her allegations could not be corroborated

Play Video

Sen. Susan Collins addressed Christine Blasey Ford's allegations of sexual assault, calling her testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee "sincere, painful, and compelling."

"I believe that she is a survivor of a sexual assault and that this trauma has upended her life," Collins said. However, she then stressed that Ford's allegations could not be corroborated.

"The four witnesses she (Ford) named could not corroborate any of the events of that evening gathering where she says the assault occurred. None of the individuals professor Ford says were at the party has any recollection at all of the night,"Collins said, pointing out that Ford could not remember how she got home and questioning why Ford's friends had not called the next day.

She also called allegations against Kavanaugh of gang rape "outlandish," and said they "illustrate why the presumption of innocence is so important."

In the same breath, however, she expressed support for survivors of sexual assault. "The #MeToo movement is real," she declared. "It matters. It is needed and it is long overdue."

"We must listen to survivors, and every day we must seek to stop the criminal behavior that has hurt so many. We owe this to ourselves, our children and generations to come."

33 min ago

Collins repeatedly defends Kavanaugh while refuting opponents' arguments

6b89a884-56fd-4116-b4c1-dbef00ba9a90.jpg

In her speech before the Senate, Sen. Susan Collins addressed several common arguments against Brett Kavanaugh, and refuted each one.

"One concern I frequently heard was that the judge would be likely to eliminate the Affordable Care Act's vital protections for people with preexisting conditions," Collins began. "I disagree with this contention."

She then cited the Seven-Sky v. Holder case as an example of Kavanaugh's work in preserving the ACA.

Collins also addressed the concern that Kavanaugh would help protect President Trump if he had a case of wrongdoing before the court.

"Judge Kavanaugh has been unequivocal in his belief that no president is above the law," Collins asserted, citing Kavanaugh's admiration of cases such as Marbury v. Madison.

She continued to address other concerns including access to birth control, LGBT rights, abortion rights, and racial equality. On each topic, she defended Kavanaugh, citing his previous statements and decisions, even arguing at one point, "I believe opponents missed the mark on this issue."

Collins then noted his "rave reviews" and the American Bar Association's "well-qualified" rating of Kavanaugh.

Well it was a well fought battle over whether or not Brett Kavanaugh tried to get a piece of ass off of a prissy bitch at a high school party while drunk on beer. But in the end everyone is going to vote as they always were... What a great show! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well it was a well fought battle over whether or not Brett Kavanaugh tried to get a piece of ass off of a prissy bitch at a high school party while drunk on beer. But in the end everyone is going to vote as they always were... What a great show! 

Hahahaha.  Nailed it.  :bc:  

14 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

No shit 

I told you guyz from day fukken one, SHE WAS A TOTAL FAKE BASTARD CUNT LIBERAL, TRUMP-HATING CUNT OF A FUKKEN BITCH. 

She had NOTHING TO LOSE, AND ALL TO GAIN. 

Kav admitted on TV that he was virgin all through high-school and college. What makes you think that on that particular night, he was trying to rape-fuck a girl, when he didn't even know how to fuck a bitch!!!!!!!!!!

God, people are so fukken stupid!!  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

maybe a typo.  

No that FBI cunt who she coached to beat a Polygraph wrote it. She was the one who tried to get Leland to change her sworn statement and Leland told the FBI that when they interviewed her. She was at her house in Delware when she wrote it :flush:

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

maybe a typo.  

Ford’s “beach friend” Monica McLean worked at FBI

Ford’s ex-boyfriend said Ford coached McLean on polygraphs a few years ago

Ford witness Keyser said McLean pressured her to change her story

McLean’s lawyer David Laufman oversaw Russia & Hillary email probe at DOJ. :news: 

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Ford’s “beach friend” Monica McLean worked at FBI

Ford’s ex-boyfriend said Ford coached McLean on polygraphs a few years ago

Ford witness Keyser said McLean pressured her to change her story

McLean’s lawyer David Laufman oversaw Russia & Hillary email probe at DOJ. :news: 

I wonder if @Snoslinger can do some dot connecting for us.  

Democrats believe if a woman sees a Penis at a College party it's sexual assault, but if a little girl sees a penis in the Ladies room it's considered tolerance..yeah Democrats aren't messed up.

• Thanks 1