Check your account email address ×

Amazon raising minimum wage to $15 an hour for U.S. workers

this is like when people say waiters should not get tipped cause the shitty ones can't make money.  Amazon paid good employees OK and poor ones what they were worth.  now the good ones have to take a haircut for the benefit of the bottom

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

this is like when people say waiters should not get tipped cause the shitty ones can't make money.  Amazon paid good employees OK and poor ones what they were worth.  now the good ones have to take a haircut for the benefit of the bottom

Yes, because we now, all of a sudden, conveniently, give a shit about workers....

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

This

This is lip service.  The starting wage was $11 with the average making more than $15 anyway.  The $11 wage went up very quickly if you stayed.  They also eliminated the monthly bonuses and stock options which probably saves them money over the small wage hike in the first place.  Bezos is no dummy - more in his pocket while getting patted on the back by the dipshits who don't look at the whole pic! LOL

4 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

This is lip service.  The starting wage was $11 with the average making more than $15 anyway.  The $11 wage went up very quickly if you stayed.  They also eliminated the monthly bonuses and stock options which probably saves them money over the small wage hike in the first place.  Bezos is no dummy - more in his pocket while getting patted on the back by the dipshits who don't look at the whole pic! LOL

No one is patting bezos on the back, he's still a shit ass capitalist wank.

Edited by motonoggin

7 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

True, but you can be sure every one wishes they were.  

It's a good system that allows hard work and talent to be rewarded...and serves as a motivator do do and be so. 

HOWEVER, some lack the drive to work, or the talent to move up higher. Some lack both.  No system is perfect.  I lacked the talent to move to where I thought I should be able to go....it's a tough pill to swallow but, it's gotta be downed.  Opting out and hating the system while you toil your life away for a meaningless and lost cause on a radical agenda while you subside on a diet of government cheese is idiocy.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's a good system that allows hard work and talent to be rewarded...and serves as a motivator do do and be so. 

HOWEVER, some lack the drive to work, or the talent to move up higher. Some lack both.  No system is perfect.  I lacked the talent to move to where I thought I should be able to go....it's a tough pill to swallow but, it's gotta be downed.  Opting out and hating the system while you toil your life away for a meaningless and lost cause on a radical agenda while you subside on a diet of government cheese is idiocy.

^^^^ About as true as it gets....

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Lol, no. 

Really, I've never met anyone who doesn't want more out of life and wishes they could attain it.  Who doesn't want more?  :dunno:

Edited by SmeeAgain

7 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

Really, I've never met anyone who doesn't want more out of life and wishes they could attain it.  Who doesn't want more?  :dunno:

Wanting more out of life is not equal to wanting to be a capitalist.

16 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Wanting more out of life is not equal to wanting to be a capitalist.

If you want to attain more out of life on your own merits, rather than on the charity of others, it is.