Check your account email address ×

Amazon raising minimum wage to $15 an hour for U.S. workers

On 10/3/2018 at 9:10 PM, Angry ginger said:

this is like when people say waiters should not get tipped cause the shitty ones can't make money.  Amazon paid good employees OK and poor ones what they were worth.  now the good ones have to take a haircut for the benefit of the bottom

Shitty workers who made you the richest man on earth? 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

those who met the company expectations and exceeded it were rewarded,  those who failed to meet their standards did not.  Now those at the bottom get a big raise and those at the top will make less.  I actually agree for most of those types of employees stock options are something they really don't get and cash it better reward but the bottom getting more than twice the raise those that were already there are getting is wrong and the biggest issue with large raises in min wage.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Mainly based off stock value.   If you look how long Amazon lost money and its relatively low margin's now its amazing it grew like it did.  I think 2015 was the first year it was profitable. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

those who met the company expectations and exceeded it were rewarded,  those who failed to meet their standards did not.  Now those at the bottom get a big raise and those at the top will make less.  I actually agree for most of those types of employees stock options are something they really don't get and cash it better reward but the bottom getting more than twice the raise those that were already there are getting is wrong and the biggest issue with large raises in min wage.  

Well I dont know how you run a business but around here shitty workers get let go. We dont keep them around and justify their employment with shitty pay. Because shitty workers produce shitty results which negatively affect our reputation and cost us $$$ in damages. When you want a successful company you hire successful people and that demands better $$$ to attract such people. Maybe Bezo recognizes that or maybe this is a PR move. Either way he will benefit. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao, nope.

Well then, this is where we disagree.  lol.

On another note: Did you see a company is setting up a 4 million dollar grow operation a little north of Pontiac?  I'm sure it's the Russians (people of Russian decent) .  I understand they have several very large grow operations in that area.