Check your account email address ×

****2018/19 NHL THREAD!!!********

Zambroski

19 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Leafs won't take on a high paid D man if they want to keep Mathews and marner

They better take on someone or they're going to lose millions in lost playoff revenue. :news:

Wow.  What an interesting start so far.  It pains me to say it but Chicago looks to be figuring out their “gel”.  In spite of stats that are “eh”, they are making a strong scoring presence on ice.

The Wild will prolly beat them on Thursday 5-2, then, we’ll lose the next four in a row.  THATS HOW WE ROLL, BITCHES!!!!  :lmao: suck ass.

A few of my favs so far:

Jets-shaky but on their way to an easy spot.  Like their brand for sure.  Hey Buffy, please come back home!

Avs-Not sure how but they are finding a way to win.  That’s what it’s about.   Good top line with grit.

Preds-I hate southern teams but, damn they have a fine staff...year after year after year after year.  Wuts that like?

Leafs- Not there yet.  Looks like they are playing at 80%to me.  But,  I like’em.  Winners wanna win!

I caught part of the 2nd and most of the 3rd of the Leafs/Hawks game and I liked what I seen for the most part. Back and forth hockey is the best, imo. Glad to see the Leafs pull out a win and glad to see Reilly shoot to puck. He needs to do more of that! JT with a hatty too. Tell he is getting used to/comfortable with his new team now. :bc:

That Elias Pettersson kid is something else for Vancouver. 2 goals and an assist last night. I am pretty sure most have now forgotten and the Sedin twins as all their attention will be on this kid. Definitely an early favorite for the Calder. 

• 3 weeks later...

WTF is going on in L.A. Personally kinda glad to see them playing so terrible, especially now that Dowdy has sucked them into that ridiculous long term contract. They look like a bunch of Clydesdales, trying to compete with race horses. LOL

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

WTF is going on in L.A. Personally kinda glad to see them playing so terrible, especially now that Dowdy has sucked them into that ridiculous long term contract. They look like a bunch of Clydesdales, trying to compete with race horses. LOL

They are not good right now....that is for sure. I'm indifferent on them......same thing with the Blues. I love watching them fail. 

As usual the Central Division is by far the best division in hockey......its not even close. 

48 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

They had some good puck movement last night.  It was just for a lot of nothing.  They are out of position and look confused to me.  Which, playing against the Wild who act and look the same, That’s horrific.  Still, glad to see the Wild finding a way to win in spite of spotty fucking play.  If they can pull it together just a bit more, we’ll be a first round sweep for somebody in the playoffs!  :lmao:

53 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Rob Blake built a team to play when he did. Big and slow doesn’t cut it today. 

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They had some good puck movement last night.  It was just for a lot of nothing.  They are out of position and look confused to me.  Which, playing against the Wild who act and look the same, That’s horrific.  Still, glad to see the Wild finding a way to win in spite of spotty fucking play.  If they can pull it together just a bit more, we’ll be a first round sweep for somebody in the playoffs!  :lmao:

Dubnyk is the man and carrying a team on his back right now. We absolutely must get faster but beyond that the horseshit passing and pathetic d-zone exits are making the team look slower than they really are. If Nino and Staal dont find their game soon its not looking good. Dubs will come back down to earth and we will be in trouble.

I like Greenway a lot but he is a season or two out yet. It fucking drives me nuts having guys like Hendricks and Brown in the lineup when we have kids in Iowa like Kloos and Rau that can do the same fucking thing for less money and much faster. Let the fucking kids play.....I realize playing 4th line minutes when you project as a middle 6 guy sucks but for fuck sakes .....can we have a 4th line that can play up in minutes? Foligno has looked decent. Fehr has looked ok but really slow. Hendricks and Brown are not NHLers

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dubnyk is the man and carrying a team on his back right now. We absolutely must get faster but beyond that the horseshit passing and pathetic d-zone exits are making the team look slower than they really are. If Nino and Staal dont find their game soon its not looking good. Dubs will come back down to earth and we will be in trouble.

I like Greenway a lot but he is a season or two out yet. It fucking drives me nuts having guys like Hendricks and Brown in the lineup when we have kids in Iowa like Kloos and Rau that can do the same fucking thing for less money and much faster. Let the fucking kids play.....I realize playing 4th line minutes when you project as a middle 6 guy sucks but for fuck sakes .....can we have a 4th line that can play up in minutes? Foligno has looked decent. Fehr has looked ok but really slow. Hendricks and Brown are not NHLers

It’s hard for me to gauge only of our “newbies” right now.  They are still learning the system but, some just don’t seem to be getting it and seem really seem to be amazed how much faster and how little Ice  there is in the NHL.  We’ll see.

One thing I can say for sure is our entire team should be ashamed of the display we are putting in front of Doobs.  He is headed for the all stars this year and as far as I can see, he’ll be the only one.  His play is just fucking phenomenal right now and has been from the start.

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s hard for me to gauge only of our “newbies” right now.  They are still learning the system but, some just don’t seem to be getting it and seem really seem to be amazed how much faster and how little Ice  there is in the NHL.  We’ll see.

One thing I can say for sure is our entire team should be ashamed of the display we are putting in front of Doobs.  He is headed for the all stars this year and as far as I can see, he’ll be the only one.  His play is just fucking phenomenal right now and has been from the start.

Zucker is zucker......granny is about what we expect. Koivu is selke level defensive center .......the d-corp is good minus the zone exits

We just have some guys that are not ....

A. developing ......Ek is looking more like a checking center than a 2c or even 3c

B. playing to their ability......we have seen what Nino and Coyle are capable of .......zero consistency out of them. None.....Staal looks like shit too

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

he'll get fired soon as they are on a downward spiral and nothing he can do about it. 

You're probably right......new GM and they like to bring in their guy. He wont be fired though. Just not resigned. 

I'm not sure how much of a decline we are going to see. They just need a couple of the kids to really pan out and they would be a playoff staple for another decade. Not going to win anything but they have some decent talent

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You're probably right......new GM and they like to bring in their guy. He wont be fired though. Just not resigned. 

I'm not sure how much of a decline we are going to see. They just need a couple of the kids to really pan out and they would be a playoff staple for another decade. Not going to win anything but they have some decent talent

slower team, Staal is done, and Parise and Suter contracts are anchors that will be impossible to get out from underneath. One positive is the cap increase, but that helps everyone not just teams with cap issues. 

on another note I'm so glad Karlsson is out of here. Would have liked to get more for him but good riddance. He can take his drama show to Cali where it belongs and keep it there, along with his balls that are in his wife's purse....

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

slower team, Staal is done, and Parise and Suter contracts are anchors that will be impossible to get out from underneath. One positive is the cap increase, but that helps everyone not just teams with cap issues. 

I can see the Suter deal working out. He is gonna play at a decent level right through the end of the contract. Parise looks absolutely great too but he'll end up LTIR

Staal is tough.....it would be nice if he was serviceable and wanted to sign cheap. Move him to 3c and Koivu to a strictly checking role but we have nobody at all that is legit 2c even to replace them. If Nino and Coyle dont end up being 60+ pt players we are in trouble.......if they do then we look good. 

Zucker Granlund Dumba are some really nice pieces to build around.....just need a fucking legit top line center 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

on another note I'm so glad Karlsson is out of here. Would have liked to get more for him but good riddance. He can take his drama show to Cali where it belongs and keep it there, along with his balls that are in his wife's purse....

Ottawa has not looked like a dumpster fire at all.....I was expecting a 15 win season with what went down :lol: 

I can see the Suter deal working out. He is gonna play at a decent level right through the end of the contract. Parise looks absolutely great too but he'll end up LTIR

Staal is tough.....it would be nice if he was serviceable and wanted to sign cheap. Move him to 3c and Koivu to a strictly checking role but we have nobody at all that is legit 2c even to replace them. If Nino and Coyle dont end up being 60+ pt players we are in trouble.......if they do then we look good. 

Zucker Granlund Dumba are some really nice pieces to build around.....just need a fucking legit top line center 

I heard a Nylander to MN rumour last week but nothing since then, you hear anything? 

Just now, f7ben said:

Is Duchesne gonna resign? 

fuck IDK. Problem in Ottawa is ownership. Melnyk is a complete ass and can't afford the team. Don't know why any UFA would decide to stay here as long as he's the owner. Sad truth. They could lose both Stone and Duchene....

Just now, frenchy said:

I heard a Nylander to MN rumour last week but nothing since then, you hear anything? 

Yes......hearing any combo of Dumba straight up , Spurgeon + or Brodin + Coyle or Nino

I am all for it but only if he is signed to a decent deal .......ie.....like 5 years 7.5 

The Wild could absolutely move a top pair dman and backfill but my concern is if Willie is indeed the real deal 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

fuck IDK. Problem in Ottawa is ownership. Melnyk is a complete ass and can't afford the team. Don't know why any UFA would decide to stay here as long as he's the owner. Sad truth. They could lose both Stone and Duchene....

The whole Colorado thing left a bad taste in my mouth over Duchesne ......it was not handled well and the fact that the team hit the ground running once he was gone didnt look good for him either

Yes......hearing any combo of Dumba straight up , Spurgeon + or Brodin + Coyle or Nino

I am all for it but only if he is signed to a decent deal .......ie.....like 5 years 7.5 

The Wild could absolutely move a top pair dman and backfill but my concern is if Willie is indeed the real deal 

I think he is. Not liking how he's playing this though and his dad/agent combo seem like a problem that could spring back up again.