Check your account email address ×

****2018/19 NHL THREAD!!!********

Zambroski

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If I had to place a bet I pick the Jets and I would take them at far worse odds than any other team at this point. 

Solid pick for sure!

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'm starting to think nylander will be traded.   I heard today that his agent has not moved off the 8.5mill or so he's asking 

Me as well. Way too much money for him and some bigger contracts coming up soon. I think his days of being a Leaf are done unless he caves by at least 2-3 mil.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah.....I was saying months ago at the Tavares signing that there was zero chance they kept all the kids. Frenchy called me names as did many others but you'd have to  be a fucking moron to think Nylander , Marner and Mathews all took discounts to stay. 

He played well last year but not well enough compared to Marner and Matthews to get the kind of money he is seeking. I think he's finished unless something happens like I said above.  

1 minute ago, irv said:

Solid pick for sure!

Me as well. Way too much money for him and some bigger contracts coming up soon. I think his days of being a Leaf are done unless he caves by at least 2-3 mil.

He played well last year but not well enough compared to Marner and Matthews to get the kind of money he is seeking. I think he's finished unless something happens like I said above.  

That was my point though. I said he would get 7.5 and teams would offer more. I was called all kinds of names. Marner will get 9 and Mathews is going to get at least what Tavares got. 

There is just zero room for all their contracts

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

That was my point though. I said he would get 7.5 and teams would offer more. I was called all kinds of names. Marner will get 9 and Mathews is going to get at least what Tavares got. 

Ur a faggot!!!!!111. Shanny wants em to take a discount like they did in Detroit but he forgot there was no cap like now back then oops 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Ur a faggot!!!!!111. Shanny wants em to take a discount like they did in Detroit but he forgot there was no cap like now back then oops 

they arent going to take the kind of discounts needed to keep them all. Nylander is the odd man out

Are you OK? :lol:I wasn't one of them was I? 

I agree, just not enough cap space for all these high dollar contracts. Personally, although I don't keep up with the market much, 8.5 seems like A LOT for him? 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Are you OK? :lol:I wasn't one of them was I? 

I agree, just not enough cap space for all these high dollar contracts. Personally, although I don't keep up with the market much, 8.5 seems like A LOT for him? 

I'm fine.....I love a little vindication. I think he is worth 8 given his potential upside and the cap rising

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

I don't think Willie is worth. 8

He will get 7.5 and the leafs can only offer him 5.5-6 

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Leafs lose! Lol

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

To the sens :lol:

Not a chance the Leafs are going far with their current crop of defensemen. I know the season is young and everyone is getting use to their linemates, etc, but having Toronto going to the Cup final this year is absolutely laughable. I am real curious, about those that thought that, what they were thinking? Adding one player in JT does not guarantee anything if the same, under performing defensemen are still in place. 

32 minutes ago, irv said:

Not a chance the Leafs are going far with their current crop of defensemen. I know the season is young and everyone is getting use to their linemates, etc, but having Toronto going to the Cup final this year is absolutely laughable. I am real curious, about those that thought that, what they were thinking? Adding one player in JT does not guarantee anything if the same, under performing defensemen are still in place. 

The Wild could move a top 4 dman for Nylander if we could dump some cap with him. Jared Spurgeon and Charlie Coyle for Nylander 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The Wild could move a top 4 dman for Nylander if we could dump some cap with him. Jared Spurgeon and Charlie Coyle for Nylander 

Nylander is Leaf's property, right, meaning he just can't pack up and leave and go to another team? My gut tells me, unless he caves, which doesn't look likely at this point, that something like what you wrote above will likely happen?

The Leafs need defensemen, that is blatantly clear and I am sure Management sees that now as well if they somehow didn't see it before? 

Just now, irv said:

Nylander is Leaf's property, right, meaning he just can't pack up and leave and go to another team? My gut tells me, unless he caves, which doesn't look likely at this point, that something like what you wrote above will likely happen?

The Leafs need defensemen, that is blatantly clear and I am sure Management sees that now as well if they somehow didn't see it before? 

I discussed this earlier in the summer. It makes perfect sense for the Wild to move Spurgeon.........Dumba has developed into a legit top pair dman. I would prefer to move Brodin and keep Spurgeon but Brodin doesnt have a high enough value to bring back a Nylander. The Wild have great organizational depth at D currently and we really need a legit offensive kid and preferably one who projects as a center if possible. 

The Leafs would be getting the number 1 D man that they need in spurgeon .......he is a 1/2 D on any team in the league aside from maybe Nash and SJ. We would need to dump some Cap with Spurg and I think Coyle is an attractive piece to go with him. 

I discussed this earlier in the summer. It makes perfect sense for the Wild to move Spurgeon.........Dumba has developed into a legit top pair dman. I would prefer to move Brodin and keep Spurgeon but Brodin doesnt have a high enough value to bring back a Nylander. The Wild have great organizational depth at D currently and we really need a legit offensive kid and preferably one who projects as a center if possible. 

The Leafs would be getting the number 1 D man that they need in spurgeon .......he is a 1/2 D on any team in the league aside from maybe Nash and SJ. We would need to dump some Cap with Spurg and I think Coyle is an attractive piece to go with him. 

I don't know anything about Spurgeon but it sounds like a win/win to me. He CDN to boot and I would have to think he would like to play for the Leafs if trade talk came up? 

1 minute ago, irv said:

I don't know anything about Spurgeon but it sounds like a win/win to me. He CDN to boot and I would have to think he would like to play for the Leafs if trade talk came up? 

Spurg is easily the most underrated D in the league in my eyes. I would say he is the best D man on the wild and that is placing him in front of Suter and Dumba.......his contract is very good and he's 28 this year so he's in the prime years for a D man and locked up cheap. 

I wish it wasnt the case that the Wild desperately needed a generational offensive talent but we do. Currently I think our D core is top 5 overall and we can sacrifice a blue chip player.

Also spurgeons best friend is Tyler Ennis 

Spurg is easily the most underrated D in the league in my eyes. I would say he is the best D man on the wild and that is placing him in front of Suter and Dumba.......his contract is very good and he's 28 this year so he's in the prime years for a D man and locked up cheap. 

I wish it wasnt the case that the Wild desperately needed a generational offensive talent but we do. Currently I think our D core is top 5 overall and we can sacrifice a blue chip player.

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed! :bc:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So, Wild loses in OT.  I recorded it because I wasted all night saucing myself to a good game that ended in a tie.  Total gayness.

Did Wild at least look any better last night?

No they didnt.......they pretty much did the same fucking thing they always do. Play half a game.....got lucky and had a lead and Dubnyk played like a Vezina candidate. They blew the one goal lead with 90 seconds to go and vegas with the goalie pulled. Then they continued to turtle in OT and nobody came close to scoring on Flower in a shootout. 

This team is shit. They cannot put a full 60 minute effort together. They had 13 shots through the first two periods. Nobody can finish. 

They are more than one solid offensive piece away from going anywhere. There is a cancer in this core somwhere and I dont know what it is. 

No they didnt.......they pretty much did the same fucking thing they always do. Play half a game.....got lucky and had a lead and Dubnyk played like a Vezina candidate. They blew the one goal lead with 90 seconds to go and vegas with the goalie pulled. Then they continued to turtle in OT and nobody came close to scoring on Flower in a shootout. 

This team is shit. They cannot put a full 60 minute effort together. They had 13 shots through the first two periods. Nobody can finish. 

They are more than one solid offensive piece away from going anywhere. There is a cancer in this core somwhere and I dont know what it is. 

I’m so tired of this script they just can’t seem to rewrite.  My buddy brought his phone in the game last night and said they were going to OT.  We both just shook our heads...we knew it was a loss.  I’m not even gonna bother watching it.   

Fucking disgrace.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m so tired of this script they just can’t seem to rewrite.  My buddy brought his phone in the game last night and said they were going to OT.  We both just shook our heads...we knew it was a loss.  I’m not even gonna bother watching it.   

Fucking disgrace.

Granlund looks good but Zuck and Stahl look a step behind and there is zero chemistry there. Parise looks very good and Dumba is in full beast mode.

Whats fucking this team is Coyle , Neidereiter , Zucker and the other guys expected to be taking the next step just not getting there. Maybe there arent very good......maybe they dont have a ceiling as high as we were hoping. 

The Greenway , Coyle , EK line was an absolute disaster again