Check your account email address ×

2018 lightning lap

Rod

A little perspective before the fird guys get to uppity. This is top ten all time up to 2017.  Cars got quite a bit quicker this year. I love it. That Porsche is an animal.

Click/tap headers to sort.
Rank    Class    Car (Model Year)    Time    Event (Year)
1    LL5    Ford GT (2017)    2:43.0    #11.5 (2018)
2    LL5    Porsche 918 Spyder (2015)    2:43.1    #8 (2014)
3    Concept Car    Lexus RC F GT Concept (2016)    2:43.2    #10 (2016)
4    LL4    Mercedes-AMG GT R (2018)    2:43.4    #11 (2017)
5    LL4    Dodge Viper ACR (2016)    2:44.2    #10 (2016)
6    LL3    Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (2015)    2:44.6    #9 (2015)
7    LL5    Ferrari 488 GTB (2016)    2:45.1    #10 (2016)
8    LL3    Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE (2018)    2:45.7    #11 (2017)
9    LL5    McLaren 650S Spider (2015)    2:45.8    #9 (2015)
10    LL5    Mosler MT900S (2009)    2:45.9    #3 (2009)

Edited by Rw06GT

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

In LL2 the gt350 has been the quickest in that class.  The best performing camaro in that class is the camaro SS 1le and it is slower then the mustang got performance pack 2

No they tested the PP2 and it still fell short of the outgoing 1LE

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

No they tested the PP2 and it still fell short of the outgoing 1LE

Nope you are wrong when it comes to LL2 class.... in the LL2 class the best performing camaro was a 2017 camaro SS 1le.  Slower then the 2018 gt pp2.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-20062017-historical-data-every-lap-time-every-car-feature

Edited by BOHICA

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope you are wrong when it comes to LL2 class.... in the LL2 class the best performing camaro was a 2017 camaro SS 1le.  Slower then the 2018 gt pp2.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-20062017-historical-data-every-lap-time-every-car-feature

You’re going to have to take a whoopsie doodle there. Head to Head the old 1LE beat the new PP2 in every way including 1/4 mile 

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/mustang/2018/2018-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-level-2-first-test-review/ 

Edited by Rod Johnson

• Gold Member
Just now, Rod Johnson said:

You’re going to have to take a whoopsie doodle there. Head to Head the old 1LE beat the new PP2 in every way including 1/4 mile 

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/mustang/2018/2018-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-level-2-first-test-review/ 

So now car and driver lightning lap isn’t correct????  Why did you poast the original poast if you want to bounce around between magazine racing to discredit your original poast???  Only gay fanbois do that shit!!!!

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Big looser on that list is the Ford GT. For 400k it should be on par with the Vette.

Probably closer to 500+. The zr1 would be in the 140-150 range and is an animal 

Just now, BOHICA said:

So now car and driver lightning lap isn’t correct????  Why did you poast the original poast if you want to bounce around between magazine racing to discredit your original poast???  Only gay fanbois do that shit!!!!

I’m sorry that facts get you all uppity

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Big looser on that list is the Ford GT. For 400k it should be on par with the Vette.

The new GT doesn't do much for me.  So many other cars I'd rather have for less money.  

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Probably closer to 500+. The zr1 would be in the 140-150 range and is an animal 

I'd say the newest GT is a 7 figure car at the moment, if you can buy a second hand one...

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

The new GT doesn't do much for me.  So many other cars I'd rather have for less money.  

I'd say the newest GT is a 7 figure car at the moment, if you can buy a second hand one...

It’s a piece of shit. It bested the v8 camero by .2 wtf. 

Just now, BOHICA said:

According to lightning lap times the camaro is slower then the mustang...  sorry about you bad luck... 

Not according to an actual Head to Head wow