Check your account email address ×

Re: McCain - Do NOT Let Them Make A Saint Of This Asshole

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/do-not-let-them-make-a-saint-of-this-asshole-6626690474bc

Do NOT Let Them Make A Saint Of This Asshole

“Our strategy should be not only to confront empire, but to lay siege to it. To deprive it of oxygen. To shame it. To mock it. With our art, our music, our literature, our stubbornness, our joy, our brilliance, our sheer relentlessness — and our ability to tell our own stories. Stories that are different from the ones we’re being brainwashed to believe.” ~ Arundhati Roy

John McCains family has announced that the Arizona Senator has opted to end treatment for brain cancer and live out his final few days in peace, presumably under the best hospice care money can buy. And I sincerely hope that it is peaceful. My statements about my desire for John McCain to shuffle off this mortal coil sooner rather than later have been highly publicized, and I stand by all of them, but I don’t wish him a painful or agitated end.

And, also, I am going to keep hammering on how very important it is that we refuse to bow to the aggressive demands from establishment loyalists that we be respectful of this warmongering psychopath and his blood-soaked legacy.

McCain is at the top of the trends list on Twitter in the US as I write this, and clicking on his name brings up countless blue-checkmarked establishment loyalists from both sides of the imaginary partisan divide sternly admonishing us all to put aside our differences and show reverence for this brave, noble hero in his final days. They are using guilt, sympathy and patriotism to bully their followers into showing reverence for a man who has dedicated his entire political career to facilitating the violent slaughter of human beings at every opportunity, and in so doing they are sanctifying his legacy.

One of the most aggressively protected narratives in corporate liberal circles is that John McCain is a hero whose very name should be uttered with the greatest reverence. It gets traction with rank-and-file Democrats because supporting McCain for his opposition to Trump allows them to feel as though they are non-partisan free thinkers, in exactly the same way Trump supporters believe their hatred of McCain makes them non-partisan free thinkers. In reality, McCain is just one of the many bloodthirsty neocons like Bill Kristol and Max Boot who have aligned themselves with the Democratic party in recent years in order to better advance their warmongering agendas.

It is those agendas that are being promoted with the hero worship of John McCain. By committing the outrageous heresy of mocking, ridiculing and scorning that sacred cow, we are fighting the attempts of the empire loyalists and war propagandists to normalize and sanctify the act of inflicting neoconservative military bloodbaths upon innocent people around the world.

(Snip)…............

You will be told that you do not have permission to say such things. You have permission to say such things. You will be told that you are being impolite to John McCain’s family. The families of mass murderers are not entitled to our politeness. You will be told that you are making yourself look bad. Creating a world where neoconservative war whores experience an appropriate amount of rejection is more important than looking good. Kill their propaganda narratives with mockery and irreverence and help usher in a new world where it is no longer considered okay to be a psychopathic neocon.

Let death get its wish. Let death die so that life may live. So long, John McCain, you despicable death cultist. I wish you and everyone like you a peaceful, painless, permanent end

Edited by motonoggin

Its spot on

Dude saw the horrors of war first hand then spent the rest of his life doing everything he could to doom countless other kids to the same fate.

Fucking warmongering piece of trash. I hope it hurts when he goes

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

This was written with people like slinger and tool bag in mind. 

These two, and others like them were the same ones mocking him during the 2008 debates because he moves like a "robot" and couldn't move his hands above his shoulders because he had them broken during torture.  Now, 'HERO"....I wonder what changed?

CNN...making heros for the left since 2016.  I wonder why it started then?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Its spot on

Dude saw the horrors of war first hand then spent the rest of his life doing everything he could to doom countless other kids to the same fate.

Fucking warmongering piece of trash. I hope it hurts when he goes

This is what perplexed me the most about him.  I never could understand it.  

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

These two, and others like them were the same ones mocking him during the 2008 debates because he moves like a "robot" and couldn't move his hands above his shoulders because he had them broken during torture.  Now, 'HERO"....I wonder what changed?

CNN...making heros for the left since 2016.  I wonder why it started then?

I never mocked McCain for anything of the sort. My thoughts on McCain are close to what they always had been. Wrong in many ways, including being a war monger. That does not mean I wish bad things on him. So wtf else can you make up? It’s pretty damn clear who’s views and attitudes towards McCain have done 180s, and it’s not the libs

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

As the article states....he was a fucking psychopath

I don't think he was a psychopath.  I think he suffered from tome type of "little man syndrome" or other "look at me" type of mental disorder.  Probably brought on by the high Naval rank of his father that allowed his POW experience to be published with such celebrity.  As the years passed, and "celebrity" was forgotten or, ignored....I think he grew angry.  Maybe he had the right.  I don't know.  I know one thing, if McCains "legacy" showed us anything, it's that ones military past doesn't make them beyond reproach their whole lives and IT'S TIME TO ESTABLISH TERM LIMITS!

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

I never mocked McCain for anything of the sort. My thoughts on McCain are close to what they always had been. Wrong in many ways, including being a war monger. That does not mean I wish bad things on him. So wtf else can you make up? It’s pretty damn clear who’s views and attitudes towards McCain have done 180s, and it’s not the libs

You were not the majority then.  Maybe that's why I feel there is hope for you, when most others here have long given up.  Well, that and the bold.

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

As the article states....he was a fucking psychopath

You are such an insufferable, gullible douchebag. You’ll sit here and agree with dipshiys who thought the world of McCain, even wanted him to have the highest office, along side palin. Yet here you are buddying up to those same people

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

You are such an insufferable, gullible douchebag. You’ll sit here and agree with dipshiys who thought the world of McCain, even wanted him to have the highest office, along side palin. Yet here you are buddying up to those same people

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

All this thread needs is snakey chiming in yet, to state how much he has hated mccain

Why are you getting so upset?  

• Platinum Contributing Member

I do not not have I ever agree with McCain on most issues.  However he did attempt to reach across the party line and sought compromise on several issue.  As a result the right repugs like the 🤡 Posse mistake compromise for being a Rino.  In the next breathe the same 🤡 complain nothing gets done as they turn on people like McCain.  But continue to support him and the repug platform that consistently looks for ways to increase military spending and aggression around the world.  The hypocrisy and contradiction is mind numbing.

I respect him as a person and always have.  He’s a decent man which is becoming much more difficult to find in Repugs.  

Furthermore it’s unconscionable how many of you can support a complete unpatriotic fuck upime Dump whole admonishing McCain.      .  

Just now, SnowRider said:

I do not not have I ever agree with McCain on most issues.  However he did attempt to reach across the party line and sought compromise on several issue.  As a result the right repugs like the 🤡 Posse mistake compromise for being a Rino.  In the next breathe the same 🤡 complain nothing gets done as they turn on people like McCain.  But continue to support him and the repug platform that consistently looks for ways to increase military spending and aggression around the world.  The hypocrisy and contradiction is mind numbing.

I respect him as a person and always have.  He’s a decent man which is becoming much more difficult to find in Repugs.  

Furthermore it’s unconscionable how many of you can support a complete unpatriotic fuck upime Dump whole admonishing McCain.      .  

STFU you loser.

You admired McCain for no other reason and at the start of him speaking out against Trump.  That's it.  Period.  To lie about it any other way just makes you and your kind exactly whay Americans have grown to detest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Could you be any more of an establishment shill? You’re what’s wrong with this country. McCain is a useless piece of shit warmonger that would never get a vote from me...fuck him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

STFU you loser.

You admired McCain for no other reason and at the start of him speaking out against Trump.  That's it.  Period.  To lie about it any other way just makes you and your kind exactly whay Americans have grown to detest.

Actually you should STFU with your continual projections that are fucked up and wrong.  You’re the loser bro.  SBYL 👍

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Poor slinger, on the wrong side of everything. 

What’s putin have to gain ???

:lol:

be honest here. You started doing some tests eating asbestos didn’t ya? To try and prove me wrong about it. Obviously I was right about that debate too. I mean look at you. A slobbering, illiterate, moron

Just now, Edmo said:

Could you be any more of an establishment shill? You’re what’s wrong with this country. McCain is a useless piece of shit warmonger that would never get a vote from me...fuck him.

You’re a joke bro....and a dumb motherfucker 👍

Actually you should STFU with your continual projections that are fucked up and wrong.  You’re the loser bro.  SBYL 👍

You’re a joke bro....and a dumb motherfucker 👍

Poor Tooly.  So upset..but just a limp little noodle in the world.  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Poor Tooly.  So upset..but just a limp little noodle in the world.  :lol: 

:lmao: You’re the triggered sally who whines and spews nonsense 24/7 :lmao: