Check your account email address ×

Granny Warren

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

A union isn't the gvmt. If UPS wants to negotiate with a union that is their business. Just as if construction co's want to negotiate with unions that is also their business.

Warren is not saying every business.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

ITs not the gvmts job to tell corperations how to run themselves.

Are you naïve enough to believe that corporations are currently subject to no laws or are you conceding that they are, but in your perfect world they would not be constrained by any laws?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

Are you naïve enough to believe that corporations are currently subject to no laws or are you conceding that they are, but in your perfect world they would not be constrained by any laws?

Im thinking there are enough laws telling folks how to run their companies. We don't need someone new coming along adding more.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No she isn't. She is saying every business with over 1 bill in revenue. Even if they are not turning a profit. 

Firms with less than 20 workers made up 89.4 percent of businesses.

there are 225 companies in the us that do more than a billion a year.

like I said Warren is talking about 11% of US companies

• Thanks 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Im thinking there are enough laws telling folks how to run their companies. We don't need someone new coming along adding more.

What if it could be better for everyone though?  If the only argument is "that's how we've always done it" or "I'm ideologically opposed to it, even if alternatives offer better outcomes" then I think there are some reforms like Liz is talking about that are worth talking about.  Everybody wants to say the Dems have nothing to offer and no ideas.  So she offers an idea that seems based on successful measures Germany has implemented and is popular among German workers. 

The US government jumping in to large business private sector and constricting, controlling and redistributing ownership and “say so” to the workers as they see fit.

What could go wrong?  I mean after he markets crash of course.  But after that...should be good to go!!!

7 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

What if it could be better for everyone though?  If the only argument is "that's how we've always done it" or "I'm ideologically opposed to it, even if alternatives offer better outcomes" then I think there are some reforms like Liz is talking about that are worth talking about.  Everybody wants to say the Dems have nothing to offer and no ideas.  So she offers an idea that seems based on successful measures Germany has implemented and is popular among German workers. 

Corperations don't exist to be better for everybody. They exist to make their shareholders money.  If the employees want their corperation run like that they are free to start their own and run it that way.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The US government jumping in to large business private sector and constricting, controlling and redistributing ownership and “say so” to the workers as they see fit.

What could go wrong?  I mean after he markets crash of course.  But after that...should be good to go!!!

I mean it's not like our car companies have ever needed bailing out in the past, right?  It's not like our stock market has never crashed.  It's not like our "big banks" ever fail.  It's not like our companies aren't already keeping their employees best interests in mind.  It's not like we ever really needed OSHA, cause companies already cared about safety.  I could go on, but I'm sure I've annoyed you enough by now.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Corperations don't exist to be better for everybody. They exist to make their shareholders money.  If the employees want their corperation run like that they are free to start their own and run it that way.

That's just a statement of how we currently do things, not a solid argument against a new idea.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It won’t work. Anyone care to guess why?

Ooh, ooh, I know why!!!!  Cause republicans will find a way to sabotage it like they do to every democrat idea.  Can't let them be perceived as winning can we.

4 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I mean it's not like our car companies have ever needed bailing out in the past, right?  It's not like our stock market has never crashed.  It's not like our "big banks" ever fail.  It's not like our companies aren't already keeping their employees best interests in mind.  It's not like we ever really needed OSHA, cause companies already cared about safety.  I could go on, but I'm sure I've annoyed you enough by now.

You haven’t annoyed me.  You are just trying to correlate a “same”.

It’s not.  

2 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

That's just a statement of how we currently do things, not a solid argument against a new idea.

Someone who has no interest in a company telling them how to run said company isn't a new idea , just a bad one.

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

Ooh, ooh, I know why!!!!  Cause republicans will find a way to sabotage it like they do to every democrat idea.  Can't let them be perceived as winning can we.

Because the people doing the governing, like warren, are a lot dumber than the corps they’re trying to govern. Large corps will find a way around government intervention. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

Well, let’s look at the Dem ideas that the Obama admin threw up that worked out well for the US

You can go first.  I’m drawing a blank.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

There is an actual native American running against granny warren. The other day a plabe flew over the harbor trailing a campaign sign that sign you could vote fpr a real indian or a fake indian!  :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Because the people doing the governing, like warren, are a lot dumber than the corps they’re trying to govern. Large corps will find a way around government intervention. 

Not if the government has the power via charter.  

Its a really, REALLY BAD idea.

Just now, Kivalo said:

There is an actual native American running against granny warren. The other day a plabe flew over the harbor trailing a campaign sign that sign you could vote fpr a real indian or a fake indian!  :lol:

:lol:

EXCELLENT!

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Foxconn.....

Edited by SnowRider