Check your account email address ×

US Spending On Interest Hits All Time High As Budget Deficit Soars To $684 Billion

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Uh huh. And the gop have taken this deficit thing into the stratosphere. They’ve slashed taxes and stepped on the gas with spending. It’s only a matter of time. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Uh huh. And the gop have taken this deficit thing into the stratosphere. They’ve slashed taxes and stepped on the gas with spending. It’s only a matter of time. 

They filled the swamp with thieves 

Just now, f7ben said:

Did Trump raise the rates? He sure as fuck didnt create the debt that needs servicing. 

Fucking morons

Inflation had been pretty much wiped off the map as an economic concern in most of our lifetimes until trump got elected. Any idea why that is? 

Just now, frenchy said:

Inflation had been pretty much wiped off the map as an economic concern in most of our lifetimes until trump got elected. Any idea why that is? 

Free fucking money?

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Because we actually have real demand. Controlled inflation is a good thing. Artificially low rates , 0% GDP and ballooning debt are a bad thing.

Trump needs to reign in spending....that is for sure. 

The issue with servicing our debt was always going to happen. Artificially low rates kept the govt afloat.  Now we are in for some pain and it has nothing to do with Trump.

Useless endless war and massive govt spending for the past 20 years are to blame. 

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because we actually have real demand. Controlled inflation is a good thing. Artificially low rates , 0% GDP and ballooning debt are a bad thing.

Trump needs to reign in spending....that is for sure. 

The issue with servicing our debt was always going to happen. Artificially low rates kept the govt afloat.  Now we are in for some pain and it has nothing to do with Trump.

Useless endless war and massive govt spending for the past 20 years are to blame. 

Sure it has to do with trump. He can only control the here and now. Tax cuts and increased spending while the economy is humming will only exacerbate the problem. 

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Sure it has to do with trump. He can only control the here and now. Tax cuts and increased spending while the economy is humming will only exacerbate the problem. 

The economy was not humming....we had 8 years of 0% GDP and an economy propped up by the FED. 

If you can't acknowledge that then there is no use is further discussion 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The economy was not humming....we had 8 years of 0% GDP and an economy propped up by the FED. 

^

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

End of thread. 

Just now, f7ben said:

You wanna rewrite history and make Obama's economy something it wasnt have at it. It's a fools errand

Not rewriting anything but only mouth breathers like you will dismiss economic indicators for one and praise the same economic indicators for another simply because of who you like more. 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Not rewriting anything but only mouth breathers like you will dismiss economic indicators for one and praise the same economic indicators for another simply because of who you like more. 

Not the case at all.

Remove QE and Obama grew the economy 0% over 8 years. He had a FED that kept rates near zero his entire two terms.

Those are facts.....we can argue if it was needed or not and who's to blame all day but they are facts.

Trump has neither of those two things. In fact he has the opposite. The FED is unwinding its balance sheet and raising rates. This is putting significant pressure on the budget and economy in several ways. 

I argue in facts....you are clearly arguing on emotion. I don't like Trump and I didnt like Obama. Trumps economics are countless times better though

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Not the case at all.

Remove QE and Obama grew the economy 0% over 8 years. He had a FED that kept rates near zero his entire two terms.

Those are facts.....we can argue if it was needed or not and who's to blame all day but they are facts.

Trump has neither of those two things. In fact he has the opposite. The FED is unwinding its balance sheet and raising rates. This is putting significant pressure on the budget in several ways. 

I argue in facts....you are clearly arguing on emotion. I don't like Trump and I didnt like Obama. Trumps economics are countless times better though

Emotion? :lol: I don’t run around this site all day half cocked spit flying like you momo. 

Not even an Obama fan but can look at his economic record objectively something you are clearly incapable of doing. 

Never mind the fact you are comparing 2 years vs 8 

18 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Emotion? :lol: I don’t run around this site all day half cocked spit flying like you momo. 

Not even an Obama fan but can look at his economic record objectively something you are clearly incapable of doing. 

The increased spending will have a positive effect on the economy short term. Once inflation catches up we will then have a govt that is half a trillion bigger and an annual deficit over $1 trillion. It is by no means a responsible measure with an economy that has been steadily growing for 80 months. And more military action is on table which will always blow up more spending. 

It's ok, I'm gonna make my money while it's there. My info says we have another 2 years of solid spending. After that, who knows. 

Edited by Nazipigdog
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Way to address the points in my posts. You're MC .....congrats

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Good luck to the future generations. Any selfish prick who voted for Trump gets what they deserve.

you stupid fuck even you can't put this massive interest payment at trumps feet . your black God was by far the largest contributor to this debt . and we know sure shit you were all for that overwhelming spending spree 

Edited by Ez ryder