Check your account email address ×

Racism isn’t dead

• Platinum Contributing Member
57 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, black dude who has been toeing the white supremacist line his entire life...

You have zero credibility and making statements like this certainly don’t help.

Are there people who use race and racism as a means for political gain? Well duh. That doesn’t inherently mean that it doesn’t exist. I can’t even believe that’s being used as an excuse. Or that one black scholar that validates a view held means he is the only one that matters. Racism also doesn’t inherently mean a white klan outfit and yelling racial slurs from the back of your sister wife’s pickemup truck either. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Are there people who use race and racism as a means for political gain? Well duh. That doesn’t inherently mean that it doesn’t exist. I can’t even believe that’s being used as an excuse. Or that one black scholar that validates a view held means he is the only one that matters. Racism also doesn’t inherently mean a white klan outfit and yelling racial slurs from the back of your sister wife’s pickemup truck either. 

So racism isn’t dead just like Sowell said.

7 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Isnt that supposed to be uncle dads pickup?

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So racism isn’t dead just like Sowell said.

I think you and I read something different here. His implication is the only thing keeping racism alive is those who use it for gain. That isn’t the case imo. Race baiters are not the only source of racism today. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I think you and I read something different here. His implication is the only thing keeping racism alive is those who use it for gain. That isn’t the case imo. Race baiters are not the only source of racism today. 

There will always be racist's no one is denying it. But racism as an institution or laws used to hold blacks down does not exist. There is no such thing as institutional racism 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I think the opinion of a black man who we know is more intelligent and educated than you will ever be is more valid. This is my opinion. 

You run around this board telling everyone how stupid they are. This is a great exsample. There is no right or wrong on this subject, it’s all opinion. But you’ll come back run your mouth say flat earth call me names and claim superiority and victory. 

Just admit that you’ve got some crazy, but entertaining ideas. It’s easy. Try it. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

No it's kept alive by Democrats to further their agenda

See this is what I’m talking about Snacks. This mentality right here that thinks the only racism left is a propped up one for gain by Dems. That isn’t the case. Is it Moto world view on racism? Imo no, but it isn’t the jt level dumb version of it either. 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

There will always be racist's no one is denying it. But racism as an institution or laws used to hold blacks down does not exist. There is no such thing as institutional racism 

Bullshit. Are those institutions designed to keep blacks down as their guiding principle? No. Do they have I herently biased portions and laws? Yeah, you’d have to be a moron to not see it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

See this is what I’m talking about Snacks. This mentality right here that thinks the only racism left is a propped up one for gain by Dems. That isn’t the case. Is it Moto world view on racism? Imo no, but it isn’t the jt level dumb version of it either. 

This is my interpretation of what Sowell is saying. 

Fuck Obama spent 8 years telling everyone how racist we were.  

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Bullshit. Are those institutions designed to keep blacks down as their guiding principle? No. Do they have I herently biased portions and laws? Yeah, you’d have to be a moron to not see it.

really, name them

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I do believe JT just got bitch slapped in his own thread !

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I read his use of the word dead to be figurative. In that its no longer mainstream within society.

28 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I read his use of the word dead to be figurative. In that its no longer mainstream within society.

And that could be an accurate interpretation of what he is saying to be honest. The problem is as a black man operating in a space in which morons like JT exist, wording is everything. How many mouth breathers like JT will read that tweet and say, “TOLD YOU IM NOT RACIST THE BLACK DOCTOR JUST SAID SO!!”

I’m not black so who am I to say he is wrong about his experience as a black man, but I do think his expression of his beliefs could be easily twisted for those who think racism in institutions doesn’t exist. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

And that could be an accurate interpretation of what he is saying to be honest. The problem is as a black man operating in a space in which morons like JT exist, wording is everything. How many mouth breathers like JT will read that tweet and say, “TOLD YOU IM NOT RACIST THE BLACK DOCTOR JUST SAID SO!!”

I’m not black so who am I to say he is wrong about his experience as a black man, but I do think his expression of his beliefs could be easily twisted for those who think racism in institutions doesn’t exist. 

And he's well aware of that, which is why he's still doing it.

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I didn't read it that way you described at all. 

I'm not a racist and I don't need to read a tweet to know that. You, on the other hand, label and look down on people al the time. I don't know if you do that to black people and I won't speculate but you do it to people on this site every day

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I didn't read it that way you described at all. 

I'm not a racist and I don't need to read a tweet to know that. You, on the other hand, label and look down on people al the time. I don't know if you do that to black people and I won't speculate but you do it to people on this site every day

I do it to you, momo, MC, and SR. What’s the common denominator? Sub 70 IQs. Should I make fun of the slow? No, it’s rude, but I can’t help it sometimes.