Check your account email address ×

Markets not responding negatively to China trade tariffs.

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I have noticed absolutely zilch difference on the supply side here. However I could certainly use some more laborers!!!!!111 

If you are having trouble finding help you prolly need to raise the wages you pay

45 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If you are having trouble finding help you prolly need to raise the wages you pay

We did. I am paying the highest rates in our area right now. There just isnt anybody. Everybody is slammed. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

We did. I am paying the highest rates in our area right now. There just isnt anybody. Everybody is slammed. 

Huh...I tried telling some of these guys that there is a labor shortage but the dumbfucks don't want to listen.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Huh...I tried telling some of these guys that there is a labor shortage but the dumbfucks don't want to listen.

You live in fantasy land, Jim!!!!!1111

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Every position has a price...  if it is lucrative enough you will attract outside of the state.  Maybe put the positions up on Indeed and offer relocation packages, sign on bonuses etc etc.  to get the workers.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Every position has a price...  if it is lucrative enough you will attract outside of the state.  Maybe put the positions up on Indeed and offer relocation packages, sign on bonuses etc etc.  to get the workers.

Our workers have to be certified and licensed by the state. There are only so many. I have been stealing them from other companies. And as far as lucrative, our union rates are already the highest in the country. I am paying over that. well over. So do you have any other great ideas? 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Our workers have to be certified and licensed by the state. There are only so many. I have been stealing them from other companies. And as far as lucrative, our union rates are already the highest in the country. I am paying over that. well over. So do you have any other great ideas? 

Offer to pay out of state individuals for them to acquire their license.  Put them on the clock to get their licenses.  Pay more. Sign on and retention bonuses, housing allowance, increase retirement employer funding, relocation incentives.  Put on apprentices and pay for their trainers by up to the required journeyman apprentice ratio....

you have to be licensed to be a laborer  where you are from????

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Offer to pay out of state individuals for them to acquire their license.  Put them on the clock to get their licenses.  Pay more. Sign on and retention bonuses, housing allowance, increase retirement employer funding, relocation incentives.  Put on apprentices and pay for their trainers by up to the required journeyman apprentice ratio....

you have to be licensed to be a laborer  where you are from????

Asbestos and lead workers have to be certified and licensed in Illinois. We do work all over Illinois and Indiana and once you get 60 miles out of chicago these guys cant even get out of their own way. Our guys do 4-5x more work in a shift than they do and all they do is bitch. We are signatory with 8 different unions. 

• Gold Member

So pay for those certifications for laborers out of the area that you could put on, give sign on and retention bonuses,  offer $$$$$ large pensions and 401 plans, give housing allowances, relocation incentives etc etc etc.

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So pay for those certifications for laborers out of the area that you could put on, give sign on and retention bonuses,  offer $$$$$ large pensions and 401 plans, give housing allowances, relocation incentives etc etc etc.

I want beaners from Mexico. They are better laborers. 

45 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

yeah raise your rates get less jobs that pay way more .

I have been bidding stuff 2x and 3x what I would of last yr and still getting to many . I am paying guys big money to do some of this stuff after there 9hr day 

pretty much splitting the gravy with them .

they are happy I am happy all our wife's are bitching about working to much as they buy new junk no one needs 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

then find some and pay for the temp work visa and the teacher to help them get certified .

Im looking but Trump is being a cunt!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah raise your rates get less jobs that pay way more .

I have been bidding stuff 2x and 3x what I would of last yr and still getting to many . I am paying guys big money to do some of this stuff after there 9hr day 

pretty much splitting the gravy with them .

they are happy I am happy all our wife's are bitching about working to much as they buy new junk no one needs 

We already have way too much work. We cant do anymore. Our guys are already working 12-16 days 7 days a week. We did take off the 4th tho. 

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

We already have way too much work. We cant do anymore. Our guys are already working 12-16 days 7 days a week. We did take off the 4th tho. 

Anything over 8 hrs is double time... right???

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Asbestos and lead workers have to be certified and licensed in Illinois. We do work all over Illinois and Indiana and once you get 60 miles out of chicago these guys cant even get out of their own way. Our guys do 4-5x more work in a shift than they do and all they do is bitch. We are signatory with 8 different unions. 

I'll come down there and straighten shit out . Should I bring my fuckin tools ?    :bc:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Yeah, put a couple help wanted sign up in China.  :bc: