Check your account email address ×

Praying coach sues

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, The Troll said:

Do it in the locker room in private...easy solution.

Locker room wouldnt be private.  What he should do is what he is doing.....  Sueing for violation of his constitutional rights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Locker room wouldnt be private.  What he should do is what he is doing.....  Sueing for violation of his constitutional rights

The constitution was written a long time ago....its easy to say it needs to be tweaked.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, The Troll said:

The constitution was written a long time ago....its easy to say it needs to be tweaked.

Fine...  Thats for congress and a president to decide....  Not school adminstators

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

This has nothing to do with school curriculum, it's self expression.  He will win it as he should.

Didnt they take prayer out of schools in Ontario? Or was that singing the anthem?

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Didnt they take prayer out of schools in Ontario? Or was that singing the anthem?

You can't force someone to pray, but you can't stop them from doing it on their own.  They give Muslim's praying rooms. 

5 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

like god is concerned with your damn game.:lol:

Ya ive never been one to thank the lord for anything....he had 0 to with anything ive ever accomplished in my life....nor have i seeked his guidance....mind you i have wanted to strangle a whiney neighbor or 2.

Here it is:

The problem, according to officials, was that players from Bremerton High School and the opposing team would often join Kennedy on the field as he prayed — a move that was seen as a violation of the separation of church and state.

And this can lead to an immense amount of problems from parents.  He was warned time and time and time and time again.  I don't give a fuck what your religious beliefs are. But I don't want them, any of them, disrupting school programs in any way.  Same fucking way I don't want politic indoctrination going on in schools.  SHIT CANOLA and don't let the Virgin Mary hit you in the ass on the way out the door.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dave said:

Both I think ? When I was in elementary in Sudbury we sang the athem and said the lords prayer . I think both are turfed now . 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

He has every right to pray on his own and his athletes do as well, as long as he isn't forcing anyone to pray and they are indeed doing so of their own accord. The school should be forced to reinstate him.

10 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

He has every right to pray on his own and his athletes do as well, as long as he isn't forcing anyone to pray and they are indeed doing so of their own accord. The school should be forced to reinstate him.

Well, he does have every right to pray on his own.  And should if he is so inclined.  But his actions during school functions are causing debate and disruption (prayer does this).  Wanna do that at the pro level or outside of public education with non-minor players?  Fine.  But kids are impressionable and should not in anyway feel obligated or coerced into doing something, or not doing something they want, or don't want, to do.  

His "constitutional rights" are not in any way allowed to infringe on other's constitutional rights.  And trying to stand on that soapbox is selfish and renders him a poor example of a school teacher/official/coach.

17 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

on the 50 yard line making a spectacle of himself..guys a jerk.