Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

37 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I remember seeing infants being dropped off @ daycare in the morning @ 6:30 & then the parents are off to the 401. Get back @ 7, get home & put the baby to bed. Nice upbringing.

That is tough on Parents.

But all kids from the age of 4 or 5 spend over half the day at school whether mom is home or not, you saying that is "nice upbrining"? 

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Who's paying for the $1.6 BILLION for this?

just more on the tab, its been happening for years.  PC's are behind the idea

How are we suppose to get legal daycares?  nobody in their right mind would open a daycare on that level so the government has to implement it.  City also runs DayCares for the last 35 years

If we don't do this Then OTOOL will be screaming parents are using a nieghbour and they aren't paying taxes :lmao:

Edited by 1trailmaker

38 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

That is tough on Parents.

But all kids from the age of 4 or 5 spend over half the day at school whether mom is home or not, you saying that is "nice upbrining"? 

JK is glorified daycare. 

I don't imagine EQAO scores have improved because kids are going off to school @ that age.

21 minutes ago, revrnd said:

JK is glorified daycare. 

I don't imagine EQAO scores have improved because kids are going off to school @ that age.

You won't see any scores going up but school early is a good thing.  The earlier kids learn to adjust to large groups of people the better.  Going to public school is more than just learning about math,  kid who's parent speak another language at home will learn English very quickly at age 4, the longer you wait the harder it gets.

And it helps working parents out is a win win

Edited by 1trailmaker

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Today's generation wants everything. Most middle class families of the 50s & 60s made do with what they could afford, paying cash. Reno the kitchen every 5 years whether it needs it or not. Put everything on credit & pay the minimum monthly amount.

I remember seeing infants being dropped off @ daycare in the morning @ 6:30 & then the parents are off to the 401. Get back @ 7, get home & put the baby to bed. Nice upbringing.

These people will be fucked if interest rates ever go up.

Kids who attend early childhood education (daycare) tend to ne more social.  I actually feel sorry for kids being raised by grandparents or moms that do nothing with them.  We did it from when my son was 6 months and looking back, i doubt i would change much.

46 minutes ago, revrnd said:

JK is glorified daycare. 

Eqao is waste of time and high time it gets shelved.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/06/08/ontario-to-roll-out-details-of-533m-autism-program.html

This seems to be a change of heart for the gov't which has been @ odds w/ families that include an autistic child for the last couple of years.

I wonder why???????

Edited by revrnd

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/06/08/ontario-to-roll-out-details-of-533m-autism-program.html

This seems to be a change of heart for the gov't which has been @ odds w/ families that include an autistic child for the last couple of years.

I wonder why???????

Autism has been over diagnosed since they decided to change the way in which they diagnose these kids. Most kids diagnosed are pretty much normal and have no disability.

Not Wynnebag and the province but the City of Toronto which does equally stupid things. As of the end of Tuesday  May 30, 142.6 millimetres of rain fell in the month of May at Toronto Pearson International Airport. The average amount of rain for the month is 74.3 mm.

Last year the city decided they needed to plant trees on the boulevards on the other side of the street. We managed without them being there since the houses were built around 1958. As noted above... what have we had plenty of during the month of May? Rain, rain and more rain. The soil is saturated. But what comes down the street last Wed late in the afternoon a City of Toronto truck with 2 people and a large tank on the back that says water only.

The truck stops in front of the first tree. The passenger gets out of the truck while the driver stays in the cab. He unwinds the hose at the rear of the truck and gives the tree about 30 seconds of water. Winds in the hose gets in the truck and the driver moves the truck ahead 50 feet where the process is repeated.

Just another example of government genius and spending tax $'s wisely.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Not Wynnebag and the province but the City of Toronto which does equally stupid things. As of the end of Tuesday  May 30, 142.6 millimetres of rain fell in the month of May at Toronto Pearson International Airport. The average amount of rain for the month is 74.3 mm.

Last year the city decided they needed to plant trees on the boulevards on the other side of the street. We managed without them being there since the houses were built around 1958. As noted above... what have we had plenty of during the month of May? Rain, rain and more rain. The soil is saturated. But what comes down the street last Wed late in the afternoon a City of Toronto truck with 2 people and a large tank on the back that says water only.

The truck stops in front of the first tree. The passenger gets out of the truck while the driver stays in the cab. He unwinds the hose at the rear of the truck and gives the tree about 30 seconds of water. Winds in the hose gets in the truck and the driver moves the truck ahead 50 feet where the process is repeated.

Just another example of government genius and spending tax $'s wisely.

Its called taking care of your investments......

A while back I was in on a SODDING contract, I asked this question at the meetings (twice) what is the watering plan?  beside dead looks I got no answer other than the rain will take care of it or maybe a sprinkler can do the job.   Well moving forward the contractor ended up replacing the entire 2 acres of sod because it burned up...... Cost them thousands of dollar due to stupidness of not watering. 

The only stupidness was NOT WATERING, glad to see the city doing it right no matter what the old miserable man hiding behind his curtains says

You are hard to please 02sled, if I was in charge of your street you would get nothing ever from the city

02sled when you travel to a small town and see those nice flower pots hanging on main street, they are watered every morning regardless of rain.  that is why they look nice every single day during the summer months.

Your negative thoughts would destroy any beauty planted

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

A while back I was in on a SODDING contract, I asked this question at the meetings (twice) what is the watering plan?  beside dead looks I got no answer other than the rain will take care of it or maybe a sprinkler can do the job.   Well moving forward the contractor ended up replacing the entire 2 acres of sod because it burned up...... Cost them thousands of dollar due to stupidness of not watering. 

The only stupidness was NOT WATERING, glad to see the city doing it right no matter what the old miserable man hiding behind his curtains says

You are hard to please 02sled, if I was in charge of your street you would get nothing ever from the city

Fail... you have once again proven how much of a complete idiot you really are. This is NOT just laid sod! These are trees that were planted a year ago. The soil is saturated with water. There isn't any shortage of moisture in the ground. The amount of water a tree would get in 30 seconds from a truck is nothing in comparison to the water that came in the form of rain during the month of May. The trees survived quite well for the past year without the water truck. Typical government worker mentality.... You would be the person with a sprinkler system going during a week of torrential rain storms.

I pray that you're not in charge of anything of any consequence. Especially where there is any financial consideration. Now if it was during a hot dry period it would be a different matter but it wasn't hot and dry.

Reminds me of the old joke that has such a ring of truth to it. A truck comes down the street. One guy gets out and digs a hole, another then gets out and fills it in. A resident asks what they are doing. Well I dig a hole to put a tree in and my friend here fills in the hole with the tree in it but the guy who puts a tree in the hole is on vacation this week.

20 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

02sled when you travel to a small town and see those nice flower pots hanging on main street, they are watered every morning regardless of rain.  that is why they look nice every single day during the summer months.

Your negative thoughts would destroy any beauty planted

People with a brain do things when actually required, not just because that is their routine make work job. If the grass hasn't grown do you still mow the grass or do it when required. I know my lawn requires mowing much more frequently in the spring than in the middle of summer.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Fail... you have once again proven how much of a complete idiot you really are. This is NOT just laid sod! These are trees that were planted a year ago. The soil is saturated with water. There isn't any shortage of moisture in the ground. The amount of water a tree would get in 30 seconds from a truck is nothing in comparison to the water that came in the form of rain during the month of May. The trees survived quite well for the past year without the water truck. Typical government worker mentality.... You would be the person with a sprinkler system going during a week of torrential rain storms.

I pray that you're not in charge of anything of any consequence. Especially where there is any financial consideration. Now if it was during a hot dry period it would be a different matter but it wasn't hot and dry.

Reminds me of the old joke that has such a ring of truth to it. A truck comes down the street. One guy gets out and digs a hole, another then gets out and fills it in. A resident asks what they are doing. Well I dig a hole to put a tree in and my friend here fills in the hole with the tree in it but the guy who puts a tree in the hole is on vacation this week.

if the contract called for $200 worth of water it would have saved 10k in lost sod.

call it stupid all you want

Huge type = keeping cities beautiful and get nothing but complaints from old miserable people

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You could put in fake grass.:lol:

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

People with a brain do things when actually required, not just because that is their routine make work job. If the grass hasn't grown do you still mow the grass or do it when required. I know my lawn requires mowing much more frequently in the spring than in the middle of summer.

clearly you havne't a clue what it takes

20 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Oh Mr. Negative02

140mm of rain is about 6 inches in total for a period of 30 days, no fucking near the water needed to keep newly planted tree healthy NOT EVEN CLOSE......

Root ball is 2 t0 3 feet deep dummy

Rainfall for the month of May was double the norm. The ground is saturated. Are you really foolish enough to not realize that the water seeps into the ground and will go much deeper than 2 to 3 inches into the ground.

You're quick to say that the root ball is 2 to 3 feet deep. Are you stupid enough, sure you are to think that 30 seconds of water onto the ground with a hose is going to make a difference to that root ball 2 to 3 feet down.

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

if the contract called for $200 worth of water it would have saved 10k in lost sod.

call it stupid all you want

Huge type = keeping cities beautiful and get nothing but complaints from old miserable people

Government bureaucrats PISSING AWAY TAX $'S NEEDLESSLY RATHER THAN USING THEM WISELY IS THE NORM.  Save it for when it is needed. We aren't talking about freshly laid sod. We are talking about 1 year old trees.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Rainfall for the month of May was double the norm. The ground is saturated. Are you really foolish enough to not realize that the water seeps into the ground and will go much deeper than 2 to 3 inches into the ground.

You're quick to say that the root ball is 2 to 3 feet deep. Are you stupid enough, sure you are to think that 30 seconds of water onto the ground with a hose is going to make a difference to that root ball 2 to 3 feet down.

not a clue

When it rains hard for 2 weeks at twice the rate,  that doesn't make the ground wet for the next 2 weeks -  you are not that bright on this subject

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

clearly you havne't a clue what it takes

Clearly you are the typical government bureaucrat who does things just for the sake of doing it whether it is required or not. After all you have to keep the union brother employed regardless of whether the task is needed or not. In reality... make work project.

Just now, 02sled said:

Government bureaucrats PISSING AWAY TAX $'S NEEDLESSLY RATHER THAN USING THEM WISELY IS THE NORM.  Save it for when it is needed. We aren't talking about freshly laid sod. We are talking about 1 year old trees.

wow have you ever even planted a daisy?  dude you are so wrong it isn't even funny..

so far you have complained about every single service you have on your street.

road plowing

sidewalk plowing

tree planting

water those trees

really when you keep complaining no one will lesten