Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol I was the one that said they moved for money and that this happens all the time, you guys go on and on about Wynne.   That is what started this and it has nothing to do with it.

Of course they moved for money.... Wynnebag has been a contributor to that decision. If a business sees their hydro bill go from $50K per month to $100K per month, $600K to $1.2M per year they sure as hell will look at options. Then add carbon tax to their operating expense and they will take a real hard look at moving. Who is responsible for the hydro increases and the BS carbon tax... oh that's right Wynnebag.

She says the minimum wage will increase to $14 an hour on Jan. 1, 2018 and will rise to $15 the following year.

Just another nail in the coffin... from $11.60 to $14 then $15.
Edited by 02sled

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Of course they moved for money.... Wynnebag has been a contributor to that decision. If a business sees their hydro bill go from $50K per month to $100K per month, $600K to $1.2M per year they sure as hell will look at options. Then add carbon tax to their operating expense and they will take a real hard look at moving. Who is responsible for the hydro increases and the BS carbon tax... oh that's right Wynnebag.

so what about their other plants in ONtario?  explain

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so what about their other plants in ONtario?  explain

A host of things, carbon tax, rising hydro, unions holding companies for ransom with their demands (i.e. Cat), increasing regulations and fees, in general an unfriendly business environment compared to other jurisdictions. When they leave the savings will be huge. They won't leave for a small amount. The savings will be in the $M's minimally since they have all the severance and relocation costs to offset with increased earnings.

Cat left because of the greed of the union employee demands.

Don't forget to cheer for the bailout money they received while bashing workers

If you can't blame the employee than blame the government, blame anyone but the business as they are king

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

A host of things, carbon tax, rising hydro, unions holding companies for ransom with their demands (i.e. Cat), increasing regulations and fees, in general an unfriendly business environment compared to other jurisdictions. When they leave the savings will be huge. They won't leave for a small amount. The savings will be in the $M's minimally since they have all the severance and relocation costs to offset with increased earnings.

you didn't explain why P&G still operates other plants in Ontario

keep cheering

Now Wynnebag thinks spending $200K on a rubber duck is a good thing. Add to that the Wynnebag partisan ads (nothing more than campaigning) paid for not by the party but the taxpayers. It used to be that the Auditor General as the watch dog could deny the release of advertising that was deemed partisan. Wynnebag conveniently removed that power from the AG

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you didn't explain why P&G still operates other plants in Ontario

keep cheering

For now... you can't believe they will operate here for ever just to give employees a hug. When the cost of doing business becomes too large and the scales tip to relocation being more profitable business moves. 

Just like when a building sits vacant. Eventually the decision is made that it is cheaper to tear it down than to pay the ongoing taxes, utilities and security. Giffels had a large building on Carlingview. They relocated and the building sat empty for quite some time. The for lease sign was up for at least a year. They just finished demolition.

33 minutes ago, 02sled said:

She says the minimum wage will increase to $14 an hour on Jan. 1, 2018 and will rise to $15 the following year.

Don't forget paid sick/emergency days.  What a job boom we are in for.

33 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

CAT left because of 25% of Harper?

That was all on WynneBag.  Now they share the damage.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Now Wynnebag thinks spending $200K on a rubber duck is a good thing. Add to that the Wynnebag partisan ads (nothing more than campaigning) paid for not by the party but the taxpayers. It used to be that the Auditor General as the watch dog could deny the release of advertising that was deemed partisan. Wynnebag conveniently removed that power from the AG

Although I am against these ad types, I remember you defending Harper on this very topic. AS he spent record amount of money on a system that wasn't even up and working

I like the Duck, should bring in millions to the local economies - but  you are against this of course. 

How much is okay with you to spend on our 150th birthday? 

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

its amazing you guys argue with this idiot

you were stumped several times in the past week by this idiot.  What does that make you?

I will ask you again, what is wrong with the economy or really any thing under Trudeau?  post your facts

Its is totally fine to say you just don't like the guy no matter how good the economy gets

25 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Although I am against these ad types, I remember you defending Harper on this very topic. AS he spent record amount of money on a system that wasn't even up and working

I like the Duck, should bring in millions to the local economies - but  you are against this of course. 

How much is okay with you to spend on our 150th birthday? 

Your imagination is in overdrive as usual Fail. I have never nor will I ever support any politician spending taxpayer money on partisan ads. Of course a government hack like you with no sense of fiscal accountability. Just spend like it's water... hasn't a problem with $200K for a rubber duck. I don't have a problem with spending money on Canada's 150th.... just spend it wisely and get good value. $200K is a stupid amount for a rubber duck. $200K you can get more bang for your buck than a duck.

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Your imagination is in overdrive as usual Fail. I have never nor will I ever support any politician spending taxpayer money on partisan ads. Of course a government hack like you with no sense of fiscal accountability. Just spend like it's water... hasn't a problem with $200K for a rubber duck. I don't have a problem with spending money on Canada's 150th.... just spend it wisely and get good value. $200K is a stupid amount for a rubber duck. $200K you can get more bang for your buck than a duck.

You and your hater friends should read up on it.  This duck has been around for 10 years traveling the world.   Most places have found tourist around 1 million visiting the host city. Never heard one complaint until yesterday ( WYNNE)

It will visit 5 harbours in Ontario over the month of July, I am going to bet Midland scores big with this site.  I most likely will go there and spend some money, how about you 02sled? sit in your basement and complain about everything :dunno:

The haters on social media are now calling for more welfare and free homes for homeless people - that is just too funny you saying the exact same thing. 

Edited by 1trailmaker

32 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you were stumped several times in the past week by this idiot.  What does that make you?

I will ask you again, what is wrong with the economy or really any thing under Trudeau?  post your facts

Its is totally fine to say you just don't like the guy no matter how good the economy gets

Please don't mislabel my silence for inability to answer.

I am being kind and I have always been taught to suffer a fool.

Thank you

1 minute ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Please don't mislabel my silence for inability to answer.

I am being kind and I have always been taught to suffer a fool.

Thank you

so you comments are you being kind?  you were brought up differently than most.

Any time you want to say what is wrong with current Canada do so.  If you just don't like the guy then say so....  Calling people idiots really isn't very smart

4 hours ago, 02sled said:

seems high but than again $10 an hour was going to kill all businesses and it didn't, I am thinking this will happen again.  Maybe 12$ an hour then go up again

It will be a good campaign slogan for Brown - "I will lower the minimum wage" not sure that will work out so well......

Flynn said there's no clear evidence that minimum wage increases are detrimental to businesses. 

"If you look at Seattle and San Francisco, it appears from the early reports coming out that it's actually increasing employment in those areas," said Flynn. "It hasn't had the doomsday scenario for business and I don't think it's going to happen with anything we do here. "

About 1.5 million Ontario workers earn less than $15 an hour.

:lol::lol:

Only took 2 years after Harper's decision for them to leave

Caterpillar locked out workers at its London plant, Electro-Motive Canada, on New Year’s Day after they rejected its take-it-or-leave-it demand to cut their wages by 50 per cent. It was clear from the beginning that this was not a normal work stoppage. The company would not talk, wouldn’t budge, wouldn’t bargain.

Contract talks broke down after union leaders refused a deal that would have cut benefits and slashed wages by more than half, from $35 to $16.50, giving rise to rumours that the company was planning to shift operations to a newly opened plant in Muncie, Ind., where workers are paid between $12 and $18 an hour.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper could have demanded job guarantees when his government approved the sale of the London company (then known as Progress Rail) to Caterpillar in 2010. He could have stipulated that Canadian money stays in Canada when he gave the locomotive manufacturer a substantial tax break in 2008. He could have mounted a more vigorous defence to the U.S. government’s “Buy America” policy, which has the potential to suck thousands more jobs out of Canada.

Record profits in 2011

I don't think building locomotives for 35 an hour is asking too much, but I guess minimum wage earners can gain your trust with such train

Sorry they get another BOOOOOOOOO from me - cheers from you and zero blame on Harper, Today  would be different thought and Trudeau would be to blame

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

seems high but than again $10 an hour was going to kill all businesses and it didn't, I am thinking this will happen again.  Maybe 12$ an hour then go up again

It will be a good campaign slogan for Brown - "I will lower the minimum wage" not sure that will work out so well......

Flynn said there's no clear evidence that minimum wage increases are detrimental to businesses. 

"If you look at Seattle and San Francisco, it appears from the early reports coming out that it's actually increasing employment in those areas," said Flynn. "It hasn't had the doomsday scenario for business and I don't think it's going to happen with anything we do here. "

They can raise min wage slowly but the government would be better off lowering taxes for everyone.  Even $15 is not gonna get you a good lifestyle.  Education/skills etc will, there will always be those nobody wants to be.

38 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

here it is for you Fail...

http://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-s-minimum-wage-will-rise-to-15-as-of-jan-1-2019-1.3435129

where do you get

make it a reliable source rather than your imagination