Check your account email address ×

It all comes crumbling down for Lochte

ckf

Ryan Lochte dropped by Speedo, Ralph Lauren

Disgraced U.S. swimmer Ryan Lochte lost two sponsorship deals Monday, hours after the end of the Rio 2016 games.

Speedo was the first to drop the swimmer.

"While we have enjoyed a winning relationship with Ryan for over a decade and he has been an important member of the Speedo team, we cannot condone behavior that is counter to the values this brand has long stood for," said its statement. "We appreciate his many achievements and hope he moves forward and learns from this experience."

Soon after that Ralph Lauren also issued a statement on Lochte.

"Ralph Lauren continues to proudly sponsor the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team and the values that its athletes embody," said the company's statement. "Ralph Lauren's endorsement agreement with Ryan Lochte was specifically in support of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and the company will not be renewing his contract."

The company, which early Monday still had a photo of Lochte wearing an Olympic medal on its twitter home page, has since taken that image down.

Lochte and three teammates said they had been robbed at gunpoint after attending a party at the Olympics, but it was soon discovered the four athletes allegedly vandalized a gas station and urinated on the building. Authorities in Brazil denied any robbery took place.

Ryan Lochte endorsements could be in trouble

On Friday, he apologized in a statement, saying he should have been "more careful and candid" from the get-go. In the excerpt shown on NBC, Lochte said "I over-exaggerated that story and if I had never done that we wouldn't be in this mess."

On Monday he said he respects Speedo's decision to end his sponsorship.

"I am grateful for the opportunities that our partnership has afforded me over the years," he said. "I am proud of the accomplishments that we have achieved together."

Speedo initially said it was following the situation and that it has a policy not to comment on ongoing legal investigations. Monday it said it will donate a $50,000 portion of Lochte's fee to Save the Children for children in Brazil.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/22/news/companies/ryan-lochte-speedo/index.html

2 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

guy is from around here..maybe 100 miles away..idiot.

Speaking of people from your neighborhood. Someone from Rochester, NY robbed a bank last week in the town I used to live in before moving to VT. Fucking guy tried to make it look like he was from Boston :lol:

NY man arrested in Ossipee bank robbery

William Cropsey faces charges

P-ossipee-robber-0120-jpg.jpg

OSSIPEE, N.H. —A man accused of robbing a bank in Ossipee Wednesday afternoon was arrested in Moultonborough.

Police said officers caught William Cropsey, 27, of Rochester, New York, after they spotted the getaway car that he used in a robbery at Citizen's Bank on Route 16.

Cropsey allegedly handed the teller a note and demanded cash before fleeing the bank in a black SUV. Police said a weapon was not shown.

Cropsey was arrested on unrelated charges, but police said additional charges are possible.

The robbery is under investigation.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Speaking of people from your neighborhood. Someone from Rochester, NY robbed a bank last week in the town I used to live in before moving to VT. Fucking guy tried to make it look like he was from Boston :lol:

This is a look that would be very appropriate for a bank robber :lol: 

hoodie2.jpg

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

This is a look that would be very appropriate for a bank robber :lol: 

hoodie2.jpg

I don't blame you for being jealous, Vince, my father in law is a Bears fan, too. But hey, at least you have the '85 Bears. Imagine being a Lions fan :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't blame you for being jealous, Vince, my father in law is a Bears fan, too. But hey, at least you have the '85 Bears. Imagine being a Lions fan :lol: 

That's just downright mean John.:cry:

12 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That's just downright mean John.:cry:

:lol: 

Believe it or not I root for the Lions more often than not. It really is a shame that Barry Sanders never got a ring :bc:

51 minutes ago, ckf said:

well least he went out of town to rob a bank:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, ckf said:

:lol: 

Believe it or not I root for the Lions more often than not. It really is a shame that Barry Sanders never got a ring :bc:

Ain't that the truth....watched him every week and it made every game worthwhile. :bc:

• Like 1