Check your account email address ×

Toxic Masculinity

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Jesus.   Body building wasn't even really a thing when GI Joe came out not to mention I really don't think the GI Joe action figures are more jacked today than they were when I was a kid almost 40 years ago.  Hell nobody lifted when Cary Grant was around....it was basically unheard of.   Now you want to blame men lifting more weights on toxic masculinity?   :lol:  

You are picking ONE alpha male from Hollywood today.   I can name you a dozen that are not built like the Rock.   

giphy.gif

Lifting has been around in since the 30's but I get your point that it didn't become mainstream popular until the introduction of steroids. 

Lifting/bodybuilding aren't necessarily problems if you enjoy them and remain healthy.  Many are feeling compelled to get bigger to meet some expectation they have in their mind and essentially suffer from body image issues that they are never big enough, not unlike women who suffer from body image issues that they are never skinny enough.

That's the crux of it really.  Masculinity itself isn't always toxic, but when its toxic it exhibits itself in the form of psychological issues such as depression, stress, body image problems, substance abuse, or violent outward acts of violence and anger. 

4 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Dude, my best friend was the same way (still is kinda) total road rager. I can't tell you how many road side scuffs we got into. Not including the dozens he got into by himself. One time we got into it with some other road rager. We were on our way to work and started the cat and mouse shit with the other car. We both pull over and by the time my buddy got out of the car dude was already at his door and socked him right in the mouth. I get out and so does the passenger from the other car, except he has a pistol. I'm like "oh fuck". He yells, "come on mother fucker, get in the fucking car!" Other dude runs back to his car and they speed off. Total steroid types. I look at my buddy and say, "this was almost your day mother fucker. Need to let that shit go" of course he never did. He had a nice fat lip for a couple days. :lol:

Never quite figured out the constant road ragers.  I've been a bit hot under the collar, but not constant, and I commute to the Twin Cities 5 days a week.  

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Never quite figured out the constant road ragers.  I've been a bit hot under the collar, but not constant, and I commute to the Twin Cities 5 days a week.  

In my younger days I was guilty a couple times but it's hard to get me very riled up anymore. I just don't have the energy.

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

In my younger days I was guilty a couple times but it's hard to get me very riled up anymore. I just don't have the energy.

Only once did I really get caught, and after that, I've been fairly calm. 

Had quite a few cases around here of guys getting punched , falling down and cracking head , then dying. 

Just watched a story on news. Police chief said you will be charged with murder whether you started it not. 

Dont pay to put yourself in that situation. 

A lot of these guys are in there late 40s - 50.  You got realize some dude in his 20s is going to clean your clock. Don’t have the reflexes you had when you are younger. 

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Had quite a few cases around here of guys getting punched , falling down and cracking head , then dying. 

Just watched a story on news. Police chief said you will be charged with murder whether you started it not. 

Dont pay to put yourself in that situation. 

A lot of these guys are in there late 40s - 50.  You got realize some dude in his 20s is going to clean your clock. Don’t have the reflexes you had when you are younger. 

Just had one of those last month.  2 guys charged with manslaughter over it.  

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

Lifting has been around in since the 30's but I get your point that it didn't become mainstream popular until the introduction of steroids. 

Lifting/bodybuilding aren't necessarily problems if you enjoy them and remain healthy.  Many are feeling compelled to get bigger to meet some expectation they have in their mind and essentially suffer from body image issues that they are never big enough, not unlike women who suffer from body image issues that they are never skinny enough.

That's the crux of it really.  Masculinity itself isn't always toxic, but when its toxic it exhibits itself in the form of psychological issues such as depression, stress, body image problems, substance abuse, or violent outward acts of violence and anger. 

Goodness dooooode!!!!  Masculinity isn't "toxic" at all.  It is what it is.  Evolution at it's most spectacular!  Some control it better because they can or, have much less to control.  If you are afraid of getting your ass kicked everywhere you go, that doesn't make others toxic....it makes you weaker.  HOWEVER...it also means you are smart enough to know the risks.  Fear is another spectacular evolutionary device.  Like I said, know your place and know your surroundings.  Wanna run your mouth reckless in an undesignated "safe place"? Well,  turn up your masuclinity dial because sooner or later, somebody's gonna want to check your levels!  :lol:

FTR...I don't find you one of the fucking retard liberals here.  My guess is you have a good bead on the world around you.  :bc:

52 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Me neither , fucking hammerhead retards . Everyone's a toughguy at 40 mph tho.   :bc:

57 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think these people are scheduled for early termination.  Fucking idiots.  I've had two incidences where they somehow thought getting out of their car was going to help make their case.  Idiots.  There's just no reason for this shit on the road.

In the same breath....prolly not a good idea to be taunting people on the highways that are clearly irritated.  Just let them go about their business.  

11 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Me neither , fucking hammerhead retards . Everyone's a toughguy at 40 mph tho.   :bc:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I think these people are scheduled for early termination.  Fucking idiots.  I've had two incidences where they somehow thought getting out of their car was going to help make their case.  Idiots.  There's just no reason for this shit on the road.

In the same breath....prolly not a good idea to be taunting people on the highways that are clearly irritated.  Just let them go about their business.  

It is like tailgating the shit out of someone when there is a 1/2 mile line of cars ahead that are going nowhere fast.  

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It is like tailgating the shit out of someone when there is a 1/2 mile line of cars ahead that are going nowhere fast.  

A couple of good brake slams really wakes them up to reality.  :lol: Like I said, some are just scheduled for early extinction.  Glad I don't drive in that shit anymore.  This is no way to live and I don't care how much money somebody is making.

Related image

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Or waiting in 2-3 mile line because assholes have no idea how to merge, only to have some  dipshit coming rolling by and cut everyone off to get in . Definitely deserves a beat down 

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I had that happen tonight on the way home from work. I thought about slamming the brakes on but was worried I might get punted into the ditch.

Just now, Cold War said:

Or waiting in 2-3 mile line because assholes have no idea how to merge, only to have some  dipshit coming rolling by and cut everyone off to get in . Definitely deserves a beat down 

LOLOLOLOL!!!  That's the second incident I had.  A way to fix those retards is somebody in a truck just needs to block both lanes to prevent these twerps from getting by.  They took a real nasty exception to my "good samaritanism".  :lol: Holy shit...all three of those faggots were pissed off in that little accord.  I mean..flaming pissed.  And I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.  And then they got out.......

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Sorry :dunno:  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

A couple of good brake slams really wakes them up to reality.  :lol: Like I said, some are just scheduled for early extinction.  Glad I don't drive in that shit anymore.  This is no way to live and I don't care how much money somebody is making.

Related image

No kidding . My son in law is on the road 25 hrs a week .....if he is lucky and everything goes well. 

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Sorry :dunno:  

Damn gimgers !!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOLOLOLOL!!!  That's the second incident I had.  A way to fix those retards is somebody in a truck just needs to block both lanes to prevent these twerps from getting by.  They took a real nasty exception to my "good samaritanism".  :lol: Holy shit...all three of those faggots were pissed off in that little accord.  I mean..flaming pissed.  And I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.  And then they got out.......

Driving down to Florida this guy in a truck had this fucker blocked for miles . I was laughing my ass off . The guy finally gave it up . Gave  him the :lol2:as we drove by. 

Edited by Cold War

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I did that to someone in the semi last year.  Didn't even realize they were wanting to cut across the front of me to make a turn lane.  Came up to the stop light at the fat hoe gets out with her cig and stands in front of me yelling and giving me the finger.  Bitch, you had over a mile to speed up or slow down to make that turn lane.  Now get your ass back in your rusty Suburban and go down to the local SA for another pack of smokes and some scratchers.  

50 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I'm always a fan of 3 and 4+ lane roads when then far left lane is at pretty much a standstill and some jackass cuts across every lane of traffic to make the exit 1/10th of a mile from it.  

47 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I had that happen tonight on the way home from work. I thought about slamming the brakes on but was worried I might get punted into the ditch.

That thought has crossed my mind a few times.  Grabbing a big ole helping of slow pedal as soon as a light turns orange has maybe happened before...