Check your account email address ×

Snowden’s take on trump and Putin

Edward Snowden: There's No One Trump Loves More Than Vladimir Putin

But don't count on Robert Mueller to nail him, the NSA whistleblower warns.

It’s clear Donald Trump is a huge fan of Russian President Vladimir Putin. But whistleblower Edward Snowden says Americans shouldn’t get their hopes up that special counsel Robert Mueller is going to nail the U.S. president for colluding with the Kremlin.

“There’s no one in this world that [Trump] loves more than the Russian president,” said Snowden, who exposed eavesdropping by the National Security Agency five years ago and now lives in exile in Russia, a refugee from U.S. treason charges.

“I think people are asking for too much when they hope that the Mueller investigation is going to come up with a smoking gun against Trump ― yes, Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump in the hotel room with the piss tape,” Snowden quipped in Friday’s episode of the “Deconstructed” podcast at The Intercept. “That’s not how the world works. Life is not that simple.”

Snowden, speaking from Moscow, said he also doesn’t believe Trump is the kind of crack double operator Putin would rely on.

“To be honest, everyone who has heard Trump speak for three minutes knows he’s a wrecking ball,” he said. “This does not sound like the kind of person that you would want to engage in some kind of complicated ‘Manchurian Candidate’” spy operation, when “the guy can’t even remember what he’s going to say at the end of a sentence.”

Spot on. Trump is an idiot and there was nothing more than inconsequential interference by Russia sniffing around the periphery of the election. 

Hillary spent over a billion dollars on propaganda and changed no ones minds about her. Don't tell me a few anti Hillary Facebook ads made any difference

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Spot on. Trump is an idiot and there was nothing more than inconsequential interference by Russia sniffing around the periphery of the election. 

Hillary spent over a billion dollars on propaganda and changed no ones minds about her. Don't tell me a few anti Hillary Facebook ads made any difference

He does make some good points. Trump is too fucking ignorant to peddle alongside Putput. The guy is the ultimate gangster. 

34 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

He does make some good points. Trump is too fucking ignorant to peddle alongside Putput. The guy is the ultimate gangster. 

Snowden is the smartest guy in the room

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Snowden is the smartest guy in the room

Snowden seems to be making the case that Putin is the smartest guy in the room. It also sounds like Putin would have been more comfortable with a fellow gangster in the White House like Hillary.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Snowden seems to be making the case that Putin is the smartest guy in the room. It also sounds like Putin would have been more comfortable with a fellow gangster in the White House like Hillary.

I don't think anyone would call Putin dumb. Trump on the other hand is a fucking retard

Putin is a real intelligent cookie.  No doubt about it.  His people love him.  He’s united that country like never before.  They are now our biggest “enemy” because of it.  Our government can’t stand to see a country united.  It spells trouble for them.

I bet Putin would have beaten Hillary without even stepping foot in America. :lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Putin is a real intelligent cookie.  No doubt about it.  His people love him.  He’s united that country like never before.  They are now our biggest “enemy” because of it.  Our government can’t stand to see a country united.  It spells trouble for them.

I bet Putin would have beaten Hillary without even stepping foot in America. :lol:

So smart his country's economy is third world shithole  :flush:  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Umm....huh?  

The economy of Texas is almost 1/2 trillion dollars larger. Corruption and extortion is business as usual in Russia. Productivity is a laughing stock. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The economy of Texas is almost 1/2 trillion dollars larger. Corruption and extortion is business as usual in Russia. Productivity is a laughing stock. 

Nice google work!  Now, dig deeper.  FUCKING DERP!!!

:lol:

“If our damn sanctions would just work better!!!!!!!!”  Amirite?  :lol:

Why don’t you worry about the corruption in our government?  

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

I don't think anyone would call Putin dumb. Trump on the other hand is a fucking retard

I think Trump is smarter than most give him credit for. I bet if you could see the grades for he last few Presidents and presidential candidates he would be at or near the top. Bush=C student ...Kerry=C student ...Bill Clinton=B student....I think you would have to go back to Nixon to find a scholar. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think Trump is smarter than most give him credit for. I bet if you could see the grades for he last few Presidents and presidential candidates he would be at or near the top. Bush=C student ...Kerry=C student ...Bill Clinton=B student....I think you would have to go back to Nixon to find a scholar. 

I really don’t think there is any doubt about it.  Just because his wires get crossed between his brain and his mouth sometimes, it doesn’t make him an idiot.  It just makes him very “unpolitical”.

I don’t find it hard at all to see what he is doing and trying to do.  DC sees it too.....BOTH SIDES want to slow his roll and his popularity.  It’s not good for either of them.

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

When has Russia not been poor? They are basically a land locked country that has been poor for centuries. The majority of their population is huddled along a border with much richer European countries.