Check your account email address ×

NFL adopts policy to fine teams if players and personnel don't stand for national anthem

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Let’s be honest here and admit that the owners are doing this not because of some overwhelming sense of patriotism and love of country...every decision they make is with an eye on the bottom line. This is all driven by dollars, marketing and public perception. 

that's very true. When it comes to money there is always a motive

hopefully this backfires and draws more attention to the protesters. I read where one coaching staff member offered to pay the fines for the players. it'd also be funny as hell if more people stop watching the NFL than prior. the idea of treating the players like elementary school kids is pathetic. it's actually worse than that. the only people that should be forced to show patronage to the flag is the military.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Let’s be honest here and admit that the owners are doing this not because of some overwhelming sense of patriotism and love of country...every decision they make is with an eye on the bottom line. This is all driven by dollars, marketing and public perception. 

Yup, and the Bootlickers get off on employees being dictated to.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No doubt about it. There is a segment of fans that are pissed off. They are losing business because of these protests.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

yep, and hopefully it backfires.

Just now, Edmo said:

No doubt about it. There is a segment of fans that are pissed off. They are losing business because of these protests.

a relatively small segment. the major reason for less viewing had nothing to do with the protesters. nfl viewing as a whole has been dropping for some time, before this even started.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

hopefully this backfires and draws more attention to the protesters. I read where one coaching staff member offered to pay the fines for the players. it'd also be funny as hell if more people stop watching the NFL than prior. the idea of treating the players like elementary school kids is pathetic. it's actually worse than that. the only people that should be forced to show patronage to the flag is the military.

No one should be forced. Forced participation isn't patriotism, it's fascism

Just now, Snoslinger said:

a relatively small segment. the major reason for less viewing had nothing to do with the protesters. nfl viewing as a whole has been dropping for some time, before this even started.

it has.. this really is about money IMO. That fucking goodell makes a stupid amount.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

I don’t think a good businessman wants to alienate ANY of his paying customers if he can help it. But yeah, lot of empty seats last year. 

12 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No one should be forced. Forced participation isn't patriotism, it's fascism

I pretty much agree, but I do believe military members, in certain events, need to salute the flag.

There's reportedly one big reason why the NFL took sweeping action Wednesday in adopting a new national anthem policy prior to the start of the 2018 season.

And he resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington.

“Our league is f-----g terrified of Trump. We're scared of him,” one unnamed source told Bleacher Report as reaction to the plan poured in.

Just now, ATOMIC PUNK said:

There's reportedly one big reason why the NFL took sweeping action Wednesday in adopting a new national anthem policy prior to the start of the 2018 season.

And he resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington.

“Our league is f-----g terrified of Trump. We're scared of him,” one unnamed source told Bleacher Report as reaction to the plan poured in.

Lol

SMH trump stirred up a hornets nest that was pretty much ignored to stir up his emotional supporters.

FTR i don't give a fuck if you stand or kneel or sit,  I also DGAF if the NFL tells player what the rules in their job are when you consider we all have them.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH trump stirred up a hornets nest that was pretty much ignored to stir up his emotional supporters.

FTR i don't give a fuck if you stand or kneel or sit,  I also DGAF if the NFL tells player what the rules in their job are when you consider we all have them.  

you have a rule that if you don't participate in the anthem you get fined? see my comment in another thread about not being able to equate things.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

The people have spoken and ratings were down...so alot did gaf.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

No.

another part of your wild fantasies. a military full of people who are allowed to burn flags, not salute, not participate in patriotic activities, etc whenever they please.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

another part of your wild fantasies. a military full of people who are allowed to burn flags, not salute, not participate in patriotic activities, etc whenever they please.

:lol:

Sounds like freedom to me

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Moto is extremely emotional!!!!!!!

It's a private biz now you want to tell people how they run their biz because you don't like it :lol:

hmmm. isn't that exactly what trump did, and is doing?