Check your account email address ×

Look out Rod Johnson....

Once ford started copying LS architecture with their v8’s they got a lot better. But they don’t use that architecture much. Just their usual modular junk 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Once ford started copying LS architecture with their v8’s they got a lot better. But they don’t use that architecture much. Just their usual modular junk 

I dont know why they would waste their time with a big gas motor like that....the 3.5 eco booth halls the mail as it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I dont know why they would waste their time with a big gas motor like that....the 3.5 eco booth halls the mail as it is.

It’s really just for super duty’s and motor homes AFAIK. 

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

It’s really just for super duty’s and motor homes AFAIK. 

The existing 6.8L V10 is pathetic in the motorhomes.  GM has been completely absent from the motorhome game for 9 years.  Fords have only just now caught up with the HP, TQ and Transmission that GM had in 2002.  I can line my old 2002 Itasca up against any Ford powered F53 chassis coach and embarrass them beyond comprehension.  My old beater weights 8000 more than my brothers 2016 Thor V10 Ford and I will embarrass him in every measure of performance.  He has every performance upgrade available from 5 Star Tune and he just barely keeps up when he is empty.  Add a little weight to him to get us close to the same GVWR and the old 8.1/Allison stomps a mud hole in him every single time.  

Ford really needs to up their game in the RV's.  

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The existing 6.8L V10 is pathetic in the motorhomes.  GM has been completely absent from the motorhome game for 9 years.  Fords have only just now caught up with the HP, TQ and Transmission that GM had in 2002.  I can line my old 2002 Itasca up against any Ford powered F53 chassis coach and embarrass them beyond comprehension.  My old beater weights 8000 more than my brothers 2016 Thor V10 Ford and I will embarrass him in every measure of performance.  He has every performance upgrade available from 5 Star Tune and he just barely keeps up when he is empty.  Add a little weight to him to get us close to the same GVWR and the old 8.1/Allison stomps a mud hole in him every single time.  

Motorhome racing!!! :lol:

:bc:

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Motorhome racing!!! :lol:

:bc:

Dude.  We trek out to the campgrounds all summer long with our motorhomes and toy haulers pulling jeeps and SxS's.  There is no question that the competition starts before we ever leave the shop.  My old Itasca scales right at 30,000 lbs with all the goods on board.  There is no doubt than any modern Turbo Diesel pulling a toy hauler will walk it on the hills but none of them get more than a 1/4 mile ahead at any given time.  When a dozen of us are breaking town by noon Friday it's hard not to be competitive.  

34 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I heard that V10 is a bad joke 

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude.  We trek out to the campgrounds all summer long with our motorhomes and toy haulers pulling jeeps and SxS's.  There is no question that the competition starts before we ever leave the shop.  My old Itasca scales right at 30,000 lbs with all the goods on board.  There is no doubt than any modern Turbo Diesel pulling a toy hauler will walk it on the hills but none of them get more than a 1/4 mile ahead at any given time.  When a dozen of us are breaking town by noon Friday it's hard not to be competitive.  

Sorry man...but thats funny. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I heard that V10 is a bad joke 

Pathetic joke.  

22 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Sorry man...but thats funny. :lol:

So if you and your buddy were loaded to the gills and headed up into the hills to camp and recreate you wouldn't stand on the pedal to see whos truck would out pull the other?  

5 hours ago, DAVE said:

x2.  450 horse twin turbo sounds pretty good, how does this one size up and how horrible is it on gas?

48 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pathetic joke.  

So if you and your buddy were loaded to the gills and headed up into the hills to camp and recreate you wouldn't stand on the pedal to see whos truck would out pull the other?  

No! :lol:

Recreate? Wtf??? :lol:

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2.  450 horse twin turbo sounds pretty good, how does this one size up and how horrible is it on gas?

In my best AMG voice...385 hp

Hell it might be even less....think the Raptor is 410. :bc:

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

its just a little tune away from 450 or more

20 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So its just a low compression truck motor?  I wasn't paying alotta attention, thought they were pumping it up like some hipo motor.  I thought the Raptors were rated 450 hp at least down here.  :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So its just a low compression truck motor?  I wasn't paying alotta attention, thought they were pumping it up like some hipo motor.  I thought the Raptors were rated 450 hp at least down here.  :dunno: 

Im a deisel guy Mark...im just going by the brochure. :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im a deisel guy Mark...im just going by the brochure. :lol:

900 plus pounds of torque I don't blame you.   I've been trying to convince myself I need one for my 8 mile commute to work.  No one's buying it.  :lol:  

• Haha 1