Check your account email address ×

Vermont Senate passes historic gun reform bill, Governor Scott plans on signing it into law

ckf

Just now, Mainecat said:

The NRA should step up and require this for every state...after all the NRA started out with safety as a priority.

Too many stupid people own guns.

I guess I can't really argue with that. I just hate to see the government add more regulations. Like I said before, where does it end?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Please!

What is it with your kind?? We have gun laws! :smack:

Apparently not.... It's like the wild west... So many  gun related crimes in NH now.  Come to think of it, how many stores in manch have been robbed at gunpoint since NH dropped needing a permit to conceal? I believe 0. Huh... Imagine that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JEFF said:

Apparently not.... It's like the wild west... So many  gun related crimes in NH now.  Come to think of it, how many stores in manch have been robbed at gunpoint since NH dropped needing a permit to conceal? I believe 0. Huh... Imagine that.

Fucking Manchganistan! They can take that hell hole with them. Lol

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Fucking Manchganistan! They can take that hell hole with them. Lol

I never liked to go south of Wakefield when I lived in NH, LOL.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

can't drive a car without passing a test yet anyone can buy a gun,  sure that makes sense SMH

I can go buy tons of urea without "training."    

The Orlando night club killer didn't shoot up Disney land because he was afraid of the police.   Hmmmmmm....

Edited by Highmark

10 hours ago, SnowRider said:

No - but using your logic on being able to buy a gun at 21 but join the military at 18....why should someone in the military be able to serve and still not legally drink?  

I agree, Drinking age should go back to 18.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ckf said:

Did NH remove the permit requirement for CC?

yes, Maine also. All northern new England states are constitutional carry and they are the 3 states with the lowest crime rates. 

I'm not claiming guns are the reason for the lowest crime rates. I'm claiming they are not the reason for high crime rates.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If it prevents 1 school shooting it’s worth it.

And if it dosnt? Is it still worth it? Do you seriously believe that if a fruitloop wants to shoot up the school he will not because he cant use an AR? 

If you get home from work wanting steak for dinner but there is only chicken , do you not eat dinner , or do you eat chicken? 

Gun magazines handed out in Montpelier

MONTPELIER, Vt. (WCAX) A strong message was sent to Governor Phil Scott from gun owners Saturday. More than 1,000 people gathered in Montpelier to voice their concerns over Vermont's highly debated gun bill.

Still0331_00009.jpg

Pro gun advocates came out to the State House Saturday to get a free 30-round rifle magazine and protest Vermont's future gun restrictions.

"It's really incredible to see so much support in the Green Mountain State for gun rights, I'm just overwhelmed," said Rob Curtis.

Curtis is the Executive Editor of Recoil Magazine, a firearms lifestyle magazine based in California. Curtis lives here in Vermont and wanted to raise awareness about Vermont's gun restrictions bill, S.55.

"My fear is that legislators will pass knee-jerk legislation without any depth, any meaning and it's really not going to make Vermont any safer," Curtis said.

He contacted firearm accessory producer Magpul Industries about S.55. The bill raises the legal gun purchasing age in Vermont to 21, expands background checks to private sales, bans bump stocks and sets limits on how many bullets magazines can hold. In response, Magpul overnight, shipped 1,200 30-round magazines to Vermont before the new law is signed.

"I'm all for protecting the kids, but I don't think this is the way to go about it," said Barry Wadle

Wadle and his wife have been at the State House all week advocating against new gun restrictions.

"I'm hoping this will wake up the silent majority of Vermonters and get them out to vote and protect their rights," Wadle said.

While mass shootings in the United States have sparked rallying cries from concerned citizens across the country, people at this rally fell on the side of the 2nd Amendment. That included UVM senior Cole Wangsness.

"I think there are ways we can solve Vermont's problems and I don't think this is the way to go about it," Wangsness said.

His family's safety is a reason he owns guns. He also enjoys hunting and target shooting.

"I just find it fun. Everyone I've met through the hobby is great, some of the most friendly people I've ever met in my entire life and it's just become a big part of who I am and I don't want anybody to be able to take it away from me," Wangsness said

Many voiced their frustration against Governor Phil Scott.

"Phil Scott, you betrayed the people who voted for you and I want you to remember that when we got to the polls in November," said Wangsness

"I hope he'll honor his word and if he doesn't, he will not get my vote again. Hopefully he'll be a one-term governor and will be now known as trader Phil," said Wadle.

The pending legislation in Vermont also comes after a thwarted school shooting plot in Fair Haven. Supporters of the new regulations say gun violence needs to stop and creating common sense restrictions, like bans against high capacity magazines, are a step in the right direction.

S.55 was passed by the Senate Friday, and now awaits the signature of Governor Phil Scott.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Same question I had when they came out with the boat shit

Agreed. I bet I took a half dozen online boating tests for friends and family when they came out with that law :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

@ckf I hope this makes a difference, awesome for magpul to ship free mags! Do you think this will change his mind to sign? 

He'll sign it. At least he has followed through on everything else that he has said he will sign.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

He'll sign it. At least he has followed through on everything else that he has said he will sign.

Let's hope not, hopefully he changes his mind. Not just for you guys up there, but for the rest of New England, we don't want to be setting precedence like that, up in these parts...

The bill raises the legal gun purchasing age in Vermont to 21, expands background checks to private sales

how do they plan to enforce this in a state that dosnt have gun registration?  Whats to prevent CFK from selling me a gun no one knows he owns?

25 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The bill raises the legal gun purchasing age in Vermont to 21, expands background checks to private sales

how do they plan to enforce this in a state that dosnt have gun registration?  Whats to prevent CFK from selling me a gun no one knows he owns?

Because it's the law. We all know that everyone abides by the law, especially criminals :lol:

• Like 2