Check your account email address ×

Looks Like Yamaha is releasing it's own sleds next year

On 3/20/2018 at 5:41 PM, Frostynuts said:

What percentage of dealers would snowcheck more than 12 sleds per day ? I personally don,t know of any.

Around here, most dealers would be lucky to snowcheck that many in a week. 

On 3/21/2018 at 1:30 AM, Rod Johnson said:

Our ski doo dealer is usually in the 80 range 

11 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

80 total nerd

OH noes you called me a nerd

OP you quoted is talking about sleds snowchecked per day and then you chime in with your dealer selling 80.  so :bf: 

Edited by Angry ginger

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Still trying to "un-embarrass" yourself I see.  Just move on.  You'll never heal if you keep digging at the scab.  Hell, you're the one that gave yourself that gaping wound....when you could have just accepted a surgical, easy heeling, cut.

Sadist ghey.  :lol: 

I was right.....you are dumb !!!!!!!!!11 But not as dumb as DerpState.......I'm going to quit saying that because it isnt possible 

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

nothing much...:lol2:

they still make the 701 in the super jet . think the 2018 is around 9g can prob be had for 8ish . still a bullet proof motor . they have to put for closed circuit competition on the handle poll  but most states will still register them . CA will not for sure

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

the tech on 2 strokes is injection schemes that are clean and accurate......dumbroski cant grasp that but its true :lol: 

the basic 2 stroke engine has been more or less unchanged for 60 years 

Last year my buddy showed me a picture his yami rep had of a prototype 800cc twin yami had developed. Yamaha has the money and the resources to develop whatever that want.. Want being the key word. Maybe yamaha seeing the increase in sled sales with the the yamacat partnership over the past few years will lite a fire under the little japs asses and get them back into the game..:bc:

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Last year my buddy showed me a picture his yami rep had of a prototype 800cc twin yami had developed. Yamaha has the money and the resources to develop whatever that want.. Want being the key word. Maybe yamaha seeing the increase in sled sales with the the yamacat partnership over the past few years will lite a fire under the little japs asses and get them back into the game..:bc:

hopefully

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was right.....you are dumb !!!!!!!!!11 But not as dumb as DerpState.......I'm going to quit saying that because it isnt possible 

Ughhhh.  You argued with yourself.  How can you lose?  ...but then did anyway.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

800 and now 850 class is the largest seller. Yamaha doubled down on 4 strokes and it failed. They’re silly to be so stubborn not to go back 

It's been a slow death watching them slide on their sword slowly every year.

Remember this?

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

800 and now 850 class is the largest seller. Yamaha doubled down on 4 strokes and it failed. They’re silly to be so stubborn not to go back 

4 strokes are the way of the future......all manu's should be balls deep in them.

the reality is there are tons of apex sleds rolling around with 20k on the power plant. the manu's dont want that......they want your junk 2 stroke to be worth nothing after a few good seasons and for you to have to buy another one instead of just replacing your motor 

Just now, f7ben said:

4 strokes are the way of the future......all manu's should be balls deep in them.

the reality is there are tons of apex sleds rolling around with 20k on the power plant. the manu's dont want that......they want your junk 2 stroke to be worth nothing after a few good seasons and for you to have to buy another one instead of just replacing your motor 

I think they’ll always have a place but they just aren’t taking over like people thought. If 2 strokes can get their reliability up then most people would rather have that. Lighter and more playful. A new 175 hp 2 stroke sounds fun to me 

I think they’ll always have a place but they just aren’t taking over like people thought. If 2 strokes can get their reliability up then most people would rather have that. Lighter and more playful. A new 175 hp 2 stroke sounds fun to me 

I agree that if they can truly get a 2 stroke to last as long as a taken care of chassis then most people would prefer them. That is going to take a crank with oil passages and true Direct Injection , proper control schemes and sensors utilized correctly. They are trending that way now but the power needs to come up as well. These new tall chassis that push tons of air really need more in the 190-200 HP range to be fun 

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's been a slow death watching them slide on their sword slowly every year.

Remember this?

Yamaha has the brand loyalist folks out there. They just have get serious about this market. The effort put forward in the last few years was weak.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I agree that if they can truly get a 2 stroke to last as long as a taken care of chassis then most people would prefer them. That is going to take a crank with oil passages and true Direct Injection , proper control schemes and sensors utilized correctly. They are trending that way now but the power needs to come up as well. These new tall chassis that push tons of air really need more in the 190-200 HP range to be fun 

Yeah they do. These chassis soak up a pile of HP. Especially over 100 mph. It’ll take a 1000 to get to those HP numbers though 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah they do. These chassis soak up a pile of HP. Especially over 100 mph. It’ll take a 1000 to get to those HP numbers though 

Then bring me the 1000 I say !!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Or....OR.......gear reduce these engines and spin them at 10k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 ........man would a solid build 850 2s sound awesome spinning at 10-11k !!1

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

OH noes you called me a nerd

OP you quoted is talking about sleds snowchecked per day and then you chime in with your dealer selling 80.  so :bf: 

Shaddup nerd

Edited by Rod Johnson

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Then bring me the 1000 I say !!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Or....OR.......gear reduce these engines and spin them at 10k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 ........man would a solid build 850 2s sound awesome spinning at 10-11k !!1

lol all the way to the warranty claim section 

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

lol all the way to the warranty claim section 

:lol:

Race winning in "hypersled" class.

I hope like hell I'm wrong but I see thread upon thread upon "sticky thread" on the new 850 break downs.  Like the 2015 Axys "fade" and 2012 PC clutching fiasco.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I hope like hell I'm wrong but I see thread upon thread upon "sticky thread" on the new 850 break downs.  Like the 2015 Axys "fade" and 2012 PC clutching fiasco.

You know that straight line racing is about 10000x more popular among sledders than faggots ass SnoX right? Look at all the big races that have no coverage that attract huge crowds. Infinty , Weenie Roast etc etc. 1000's showing up to party and watch sleds race. Last time I was at Duluth for SnoX I bet there wasnt 100 people there watching that werent associated with the race or the ski hill 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I do too but I hope I’m wrong lol

Just now, f7ben said:

You know that straight line racing is about 10000x more popular among sledders than faggots ass SnoX right? Look at all the big races that have no coverage that attract huge crowds. Infinty , Weenie Roast etc etc. 1000's showing up to party and watch sleds race. Last time I was at Duluth for SnoX I bet there wasnt 100 people there watching that werent associated with the race or the ski hill 

Yeah and it’s easier to get into as a competitor. The money and time people spend on just training to get into sno x or moto x is just insane. That’s not for average people and that’s why nobody cares

Yeah and it’s easier to get into as a competitor. The money and time people spend on just training to get into sno x or moto x is just insane. That’s not for average people and that’s why nobody cares

Plus SnoX is gay as fuck.....poser sports with riders who are faggots !!!!!!!!!111111 Also people trying to emulate them are faggots @@@@@!111111

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Plus SnoX is gay as fuck.....poser sports with riders who are faggots !!!!!!!!!111111 Also people trying to emulate them are faggots @@@@@!111111

Stopped giving a fuck when the sleds didn’t have to be consumer sleds anymore.  I don’t give a rats ass what a race only sled can do. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I believe straight line racing is more popular with riders.  I prefer that.  It keeps my trails unlittered with non-skilled riders.  :lol:

But as far as crowds go...WUT? :lmao: Last time I was at Haydays I'll bet there wasn't more than 200 people in the stands.  Actually, make that every Haydays I've ever been to...multuple times a day.  SX attendance continues to climb above or towards record numbers.  How many straightline sled races are televised?  Bottom line:  Snocross garners attendance and revenues.

Best pic I could find for haydays.  Remember, there's 20k people on site looking at garbage they find more interesting than the grass drags.

Image result for haydays grass drags 2017

My own pic from the Amsoil SX Nov, 2017

IMG_2616.jpg