Check your account email address ×

All blue sidewinder

Rod

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Wutcha mean?  

You said yammie borrowed the chassis.  Then I said cat borrowed engines . Then you said they negotiated for the 998. I said did they get that chassis in the negotiations.. now you're not sure how it all went down. . :backpeddle:

To tell you the truth,  I just wanted to use that emoticon:lol:

Do yourself a favor and check oot the awesome emoticon Steve posted in the house buying thread ..complete with dirty wang :lol:

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

You said yammie borrowed the chassis.  Then I said cat borrowed engines . Then you said they negotiated for the 998. I said did they get that chassis in the negotiations.. now you're not sure how it all went down. . :backpeddle:

To tell you the truth,  I just wanted to use that emoticon:lol:

Do yourself a favor and check oot the awesome emoticon Steve posted in the house buying thread ..complete with dirty wang :lol:

Oh.  Ok.  I'm not paying much attention tonight.  I don't really care for the Yammi deal.  It's shrowded in all kinds of secret bullshit.  I don't give two shits about a 4 stroke engine either.  So, that makes me less enthused about it all.  

Now...about this other emoticon......on my way!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

We didn't borrow....we negotiated for that 4stroke..  I'll bet you can't find one single person that wouldn't go back to the Zook for the 1100.  Not one.

Whoa, wut?  You saying everyone would rather have the Zuky, Gazoo sitting on a fart cushion sounding motor over the Yammie triple?  :lol:  

4 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah. That thing sounded like a tractor :lol:

A friend made the catastrophic error of ordering a 2012 high country 1100T.  I remember thinking WTF WAS THAT the first time he went ripping by..... and not in a good way.  250 feet later, he blew the 17th belt.  :lol:  

18 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Whoa, wut?  You saying everyone would rather have the Zuky, Gazoo sitting on a fart cushion sounding motor over the Yammie triple?  :lol:  

Well, the only ones I know want the zook back for the modifications.  They’re all turbo-tards.  Fucking weirdos. :lol:

9 minutes ago, sledderj said:

A friend made the catastrophic error of ordering a 2012 high country 1100T.  I remember thinking WTF WAS THAT the first time he went ripping by..... and not in a good way.  250 feet later, he blew the 17th belt.  :lol:  

Go cat:thumbsup::lol:

Best sounding 4 stroke in a sled I ever heard heard were both Yamaha ..rx1 and apex. That's what a 4 stroke should sound like ... not some hoped up kybota:bong:

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, the only ones I know want the zook back for the modifications.  They’re all turbo-tards.  Fucking weirdos. :lol:

Actually, they're probably the cat guys who hate Yamaha and are not able to admit the 998 is likey superior to the 1100 Kybota.  And turbo tards....indeed:lol:

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Go cat:thumbsup::lol:

Best sounding 4 stroke in a sled I ever heard heard were both Yamaha ..rx1 and apex. That's what a 4 stroke should sound like ... not some hoped up kybota:bong:

The first few passes of those Vipers on the snoX track sounded cool as shit.  Then, they farted, sputtered and fluttered their way into an abortion.  4s just don’t work well in this conditions.  

Truth is, it’s a real rarity when we run into a Turbie out on our trails.  Shit, I bet it’s been a couple of years.  They all hang out on the lakes up here.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The first few passes of those Vipers on the snoX track sounded cool as shit.  Then, they farted, sputtered and fluttered their way into an abortion.  4s just don’t work well in this conditions.  

Truth is, it’s a real rarity when we run into a Turbie out on our trails.  Shit, I bet it’s been a couple of years.  They all hang out on the lakes up here.

I'd say about 20 % of the sleds on trails here are 4st.  Weird. In our group we have 2 1200s, 2 vipers, on 800 legend and a z1 turbo. They all sound gay as fuck lol.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've never understood the big HP hang out on the lake all day thing. 

These days, a lightweight 150HP gets me just about everywhere I have the talent to have any business being.  200HP for a drift busting field monster sounds fun, but I have been know to use poor judgement with my right thumb.  Probably best I not go there.  :lol:  

8 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I'd say about 20 % of the sleds on trails here are 4st.  Weird. In our group we have 2 1200s, 2 vipers, on 800 legend and a z1 turbo. They all sound gay as fuck lol.

Yeah, we sometimes chill at a turnaround and bullshit while we watch sleds go by.  4 strokes just sound weird to me still.

8 minutes ago, sledderj said:

I've never understood the big HP hang out on the lake all day thing. 

These days, a lightweight 150HP gets me just about everywhere I have the talent to have any business being.  200HP for a drift busting field monster sounds fun, but I have been know to use poor judgement with my right thumb.  Probably best I not go there.  :lol:  

I think if you are into big ponies, you kinda need to ride it where it fits best.  Purpose built for lakes, fields, long straights and trail superhighways.  That’s why we don’t see them where we ride.  For the same reason, that’s why they don’t see us down by the lake.  

To each their own.  I won’t bragg about “how quick” my sled is to them and they shouldn’t tell me how well theirs perform in the twisties. :bc:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Without Yamaha, what would cat be? Yamaha is heart of the fastest thing cat has to offer . Never understood the cat guys hating Yamaha.  

I love yamaha engines....they are amazing. I hate yamaha because they bailed on the sled industry and never put any effort at all into advancing chassis and developing new and useful tech. All they have ever given us sledders is bargain bin shit they had on the shelf....it just so happens that yamahas bargain bin shelf is filled with shit that is miles ahead of the rest of the community engine wise. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love yamaha engines....they are amazing. I hate yamaha because they bailed on the sled industry and never put any effort at all into advancing chassis and developing new and useful tech. All they have ever given us sledders is bargain bin shit they had on the shelf....it just so happens that yamahas bargain bin shelf is filled with shit that is miles ahead of the rest of the community engine wise. 

Yamaha has produced about 4 good 2 stroke engines in their history.  There were a lot of turds in there as well.  Given that power valves were basically Doo technology the others would have struggled without it on 2 strokes.  

1. 700 SRX

2. 485 Phazer

3. 440 SRX

4. Vmax 800

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yamaha has produced about 4 good 2 stroke engines in their history.  There were a lot of turds in there as well.  Given that power valves were basically Doo technology the others would have struggled without it on 2 strokes.  

1. 700 SRX

2. 485 Phazer

3. 440 SRX

4. Vmax 800

They also led the way on 4s in sleds and had they not pushed the industry that direction it wouldnt have gone there for anything other than utility. The 4 hole 1000 R1 engine and the 1056 were good platforms and they showed that it was a viable market. Now look where we are.....turbo's being common place and 300HP sleds everywhere 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

They also led the way on 4s in sleds and had they not pushed the industry that direction it wouldnt have gone there for anything other than utility. The 4 hole 1000 R1 engine and the 1056 were good platforms and they showed that it was a viable market. Now look where we are.....turbo's being common place and 300HP sleds everywhere 

No question on the 4's.  :bc:  

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

What if it comes with smaller 4S ? Like taking yzf 450 dirt bike engine and turbo it. I could see Yamaha doing that. 130-140 hp. 

it wouldnt make even close to that power. The phazer engine is a 500 if I recall and boosting it to the moon made 120hp or something

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Dude you got about 8 miles on this year. How would you know? The Yami engine is light years ahead of the Suzuki just saying. I think the combo of Yami and cat saved both of them. The new cat build quality is light years ahead of 2012 and Yamaha needed something to spark some sales.

Edited by s pump

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

Dude you got about 8 miles on this year. How would you know? The Yami and gin fizz light years ahead of the Suzuki just saying. I think the combo of Yami and cat saved both of them. The new cat build quality is light years ahead of 2012. In Yamaha needed something to spark some sales.

Fucking Tranzam rides back and forth over the same few driveways he jumps in the ditch cause his sled has a range of 25 miles and a topspeed of 65 but he is shocked he hasnt seen any turbos at all out his way :lol: 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

1. 700 SRX

2. 485 Phazer

3. 440 SRX

4. Vmax 800

Yamaha had power valves on dirt bikes back in the 80s

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fucking Tranzam rides back and forth over the same few driveways he jumps in the ditch cause his sled has a range of 25 miles and a topspeed of 65 but he is shocked he hasnt seen any turbos at all out his way :lol: 

Total fuking poser!!!_=% <