Check your account email address ×

All blue sidewinder

Rod

12 minutes ago, s pump said:

Dude you got about 8 miles on this year. How would you know? The Yami engine is light years ahead of the Suzuki just saying. I think the combo of Yami and cat saved both of them. The new cat build quality is light years ahead of 2012 and Yamaha needed something to spark some sales.

8 miles huh....oh, you're one of those "miles of smiles" guys too huh?  I ride like I hate the trail and my body.  Period.  So, my "8 miles' is a lot more exhilirating than most peoples 80 as they bob along the trail and EWWWWWWw......pinch the throttle on those straits!!!!  :lol:ADRENALINE PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the rest of your post, yes, it was probably good for both.  But that doesn't mean I have to like it.  We need Four manus.  Not 3.5

:lmao:

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fucking Tranzam rides back and forth over the same few driveways he jumps in the ditch cause his sled has a range of 25 miles and a topspeed of 65 but he is shocked he hasnt seen any turbos at all out his way :lol: 

I'm not shocked at all.  Same as the turbo-tards shouldn't be shocked the 600 class sleds aren't, what did you call it...."grudge racing?" with them on the lake.  (Let's leave out the humor of the 800 class trail sleds out ther lake racing...cuz....  :lol: )   

Nobody wants to be embarrassed to find out they bought the wrong tool...and no, one tool doesn't work well for it all.  If you are rolling a long track or a turbo and are keeping up with us, MUCH LESS PUSHING, I'm gonna stop and tip my fucking hat to a superior rider and an elite physical specimen.  So far...no.  Hell, I can't remember the last time I even bothered to look back.  :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

8 miles huh....oh, you're one of those "miles of smiles" guys too huh?  I ride like I hate the trail and my body.  Period.  So, my "8 miles' is a lot more exhilirating than most peoples 80 as they bob along the trail and EWWWWWWw......pinch the throttle on those straits!!!!  :lol:ADRENALINE PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the rest of your post, yes, it was probably good for both.  But that doesn't mean I have to like it.  We need Four manus.  Not 3.5

I'm not shocked at all.  Same as the turbo-tards shouldn't be shocked the 600 class sleds aren't, what did you call it...."grudge racing?" with them on the lake.  (Let's leave out the humor of the 800 class trail sleds out ther lake racing...cuz....  :lol: )   

Nobody wants to be embarrassed to find out they bought the wrong tool...and no, one tool doesn't work well for it all.  If you are rolling a long track or a turbo and are keeping up with us, MUCH LESS PUSHING, I'm gonna stop and tip my fucking hat to a superior rider and an elite physical specimen.  So far...no.  Hell, I can't remember the last time I even bothered to look back.  :lmao:

You ride a sled that has a top speed that would prohibit tucker hibbert from leading on all but the tightest trails......that is a fact

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You ride a sled that has a top speed that would prohibit tucker hibbert from leading on all but the tightest trails......that is a fact

Had to read that shit twice.   Still not sure if I agree with it or not.  :lmao:

I didn't buy it for top speed....at all.  Or, are you saying your sled, or any "top speed" sled makes you faster than me on my trails? 

Well hell......I'm up to the challenge then!  

Image result for say when gif

Just now, Zambroski said:

Had to read that shit twice.   Still not sure if I agree with it or not.  :lmao:

I didn't buy it for top speed....at all.  Or, are you saying your sled, or any "top speed" sled makes you faster than me on my trails? 

Well hell......I'm up to the challenge then!  

Image result for say when gif

I'm saying that if you have a sled that cant even do 90 you are not going to be in front no matter who you are unless you are riding absolute goat paths for trails

fuck riding goat paths

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Beyond ditch banging I've never been on a trail where a 2 stroke could pull away from me on a 4.   I've owned 4's going back to my Apex in 2006.   Yes rider ability has plenty to do with that but so does sled set up.   I've been riding sleds since I was about 7-8 in the late 70's.   In fact I've seen just as many guys on 6's try and overdrive them and end up in the berries as guys on turbo's.  

Hell on flat trails I'd stick with anyone on a early to mid 90's ZR's.   Damn near impossible to highside one of those.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'm saying that if you have a sled that cant even do 90 you are not going to be in front no matter who you are unless you are riding absolute goat paths for trails

fuck riding goat paths

LOLOLOL!!!!

Tell you wut Benny.  You round up all those lake racers that were all cocks and goblins on here about their weekend and come put in on the North Shore.  We'll take a run down to the lake.  We'll wait for all of you when we get there...then, you all can line 'em up all afternoon before heading to the bar to warm the stools and talk shit.  Don't sit by the Turbo guys though...and try to keep your voices down.  

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Tinker said:

1983 RZ350 had power valves, 82 RD350 didn't

Was that the Kenny Robert's bike?   Those were pretty sweet in their day.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Beyond ditch banging I've never been on a trail where a 2 stroke could pull away from me on a 4.   I've owned 4's going back to my Apex in 2006.   Yes rider ability has plenty to do with that but so does sled set up.   I've been riding sleds since I was about 7-8 in the late 70's.   

Like I said, I'd tip my hat to a superior rider and and physical fitness anytime out there.  If you are getting upwards of 90moh on the vast majority of my trails, you aren't planning on making the corner.  The trails I ride are usually considered more of access type trails for many.  They aren't usually that busy outside of the morning and afternoon from people getting to where they want to ride or going home.  I had a fast run on Saturday.  Some quick glances showed me I never reached more than the mid 7k Rpms.  That's with SX gearing.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Was that the Kenny Robert's bike?   Those were pretty sweet in their day.  

Kenny Roberts special was 85 I think

The 82 RD350 had very little plastic, looked like a cafe racer. The 83RZ had fairings and YPVS and sport bike look. Little fukkers would beat a 750 to 110mph

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Like I said, I'd tip my hat to a superior rider and and physical fitness anytime out there.  If you are getting upwards of 90moh on the vast majority of my trails, you aren't planning on making the corner.  The trails I ride are usually considered more of access type trails for many.  They aren't usually that busy outside of the morning and afternoon from people getting to where they want to ride or going home.  I had a fast run on Saturday.  Some quick glances showed me I never reached more than the mid 7k Rpms.  That's with SX gearing.

Never reached 7,500 RPM?   Come on dude how is that even possible.   I can ride across my "dooryard" and hit max RPM.  :lol:  Those are some pretty tight trails to never really pin the throttle.  

Edited by Highmark

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Never reached 7,500 RPM?   Come on dude how is that even possible.   I can ride across my "dooryard" and hit max RPM.  :lol:  Those are some pretty tight trails to never really pin the throttle.  

I dont think its the trails 

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:pc:

Definitely a procross sled. I’m baffled how Yamaha has gone this long without coming up with their own chassis. :dunno: 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No, I was about 7500 both times.  7600/7650 if I can recall.  There are really only two straights I ride that I'd be able to maz the sled out on speed..or somebody else could  But, one mustake or "whoop" and it's certain death.  Trees don't move and these trails I ride are fucking hammered up pretty good.  I think I usually roll on them around the 60-70 mark...and not seated firmly.  

Bold:  They really are.  I mean, I clutched and geared the shit out of an 800 to try and get it to work and it was still more than I needed and wated to fight.  I posted a video a while back that kinda shows what they are like.  Like I said, they are tight twisties and usually pretty moguled up from morning or afternoon traffic.  It's all about suspension and clutch tuning.  I'd have to be an idiot to buy the sled I have to ride any other type of terrain.  Like I said, "purpose built".  

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wait....wut the fuck is a "dooryard"?

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, I was about 7500 both times.  7600/7650 if I can recall.  There are really only two straights I ride that I'd be able to maz the sled out on speed..or somebody else could  But, one mustake or "whoop" and it's certain death.  Trees don't move and these trails I ride are fucking hammered up pretty good.  I think I usually roll on them around the 60-70 mark...and not seated firmly.  

Bold:  They really are.  I mean, I clutched and geared the shit out of an 800 to try and get it to work and it was still more than I needed and wated to fight.  I posted a video a while back that kinda shows what they are like.  Like I said, they are tight twisties and usually pretty moguled up from morning or afternoon traffic.  It's all about suspension and clutch tuning.  I'd have to be an idiot to buy the sled I have to ride any other type of terrain.  Like I said, "purpose built".  

Holy shit sounds like your club needs to groom a bit more.   I like sledding but I'm not about to ride moguls every time out.  :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wait....wut the fuck is a "dooryard"?

That goes back a ways in here or maybe even to the HCSCE days.   Isn't it what the nooks or guys in the NE call their front yard?  :lol: I was making shit out of them.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Holy shit sounds like your club needs to groom a bit more.   I like sledding but I'm not about to ride moguls every time out.  :lol:  

Yeah...I'd have no problem with some more grooming.  But, it is what it is.  This is the main access for the state trail from the biggest lot in Duluth.  It get's heavily used.  Like I said, mornings and afternoons.  We ride mid day usually.  We rode out later last weekend and Oooof.  Caught bunches coming back in and trails were pretty hashed.  I skipped around more than one corner with a mouth full of explitives.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That goes back a ways in here.   Isn't it what the nooks or guys in the NE call their front yard?  :lol: I was making shit out of them.  

No idea.  But now it really doesn't sound like anything I'd find appealing.  Is is a yard that can be cut utilizing an electric mower?  Or self powered?  Yeaaaahhhhhh.  :lol: