Check your account email address ×

All blue sidewinder

Rod

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yup. That’s why using the XCR name was retarded 

I think what was retarded was putting the XCR name on the big triple. The XCR started as a sall bore XC sled and that is what made it famous. I have no issue with the current sled being called teh XCR because it far more resembles the original than the 800 triple did 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I think what was retarded was putting the XCR name on the big triple. The XCR started as a sall bore XC sled and that is what made it famous. I have no issue with the current sled being called teh XCR because it far more resembles the original than the 800 triple did 

Don’t be stupid 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The xcr is softer than the Pro-X .....it has the same shocks as the Pro-S only they have adjustable hi-lo speed dampening. It has some added bracing in the skid but otherwise its just a PRo-S with a short track and braces 

Seriously?  Then lame.  So....Another “Race replica” with BNG’s, a riser and shocks most of the owners that bought it for the “look at me graphics” don’t know how to tune anyway.

EXCELLENT!

Dull.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Seriously?  Then lame.  So....Another “Race replica” with BNG’s, a riser and shocks most of the owners that bought it for the “look at me graphics” don’t know how to tune anyway.

EXCELLENT!

Dull.

It is a perfect trail sled although I found nothing lacking in the Pro-S other than it could be sprung a little stiffer for guys over 180lbs. The axys is just so versatile it doesnt need anything more than what it has. The xcr has springs slightly heavier than the Pro-S but only by about 10-20lbs. It has decent shocks and has some added bracing. I think it has a moly scissor arm or something but they never break anyway so that isnt an issue.

Its by no means a race replica or race anything....its a trail sled

I hate when these manufacturers use traditionally high performance names that are supposed to have some kinda of special engine option then whore that name out on just a generic machine with their common junk engines. Like what doo did with the MXZ and Polaris now with the XCR. It’s just a junky common 800 

would be like doo putting a 1” track and slightly lowered 850 and calling it a Mach Z Like fuck off man

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It is a perfect trail sled although I found nothing lacking in the Pro-S other than it could be sprung a little stiffer for guys over 180lbs. The axys is just so versatile it doesnt need anything more than what it has. The xcr has springs slightly heavier than the Pro-S but only by about 10-20lbs. It has decent shocks and has some added bracing. I think it has a moly scissor arm or something but they never break anyway so that isnt an issue.

Its by no means a race replica or race anything....its a trail sled

If I ever decided to go back to a 800 or consumer model, I’d buy a bare bones, low priced model with the same engine and build the suspension and add/replace/brace components with the real shit myself.

13 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I hate when these manufacturers use traditionally high performance names that are supposed to have some kinda of special engine option then whore that name out on just a generic machine with their common junk engines. Like what doo did with the MXZ and Polaris now with the XCR. It’s just a junky common 800 

would be like doo putting a 1” track and slightly lowered 850 and calling it a Mach Z Like fuck off man

Yeah, but I get the marketing.  The auto industry has done a really nice job with sticking the old muscle car names on modern metal.  Not sure why that can’t carry over in motorsports.  I haven’t read (or cared to) anything on he new Thundercat.  It sounded like the real deal though. :dunno:

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The xcr would get out of the hole a sled or two on a CFR and then it would get reeled in quickly and passed like it was standing still. CFR800 or 1000 would not matter. They are fast sleds and an XCR is not. Thats all there is too it 

Oooooo! Sounds like a riot! Not!

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Oooooo! Sounds like a riot! Not!

:lol: you are so fucking butthurt since you figured out your SBA was just an average 800 ......its fucking seeping through the pixels on my screen its so bad

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: you are so fucking butthurt since you figured out your SBA was just an average 800 ......its fucking seeping through the pixels on my screen its so bad

Hey I dont need 120mph. My fat ass is perfectly content 100mph and under. Ask Brokeback Bussman how big the smiles on our faces were when we were riding those hills in WI last weekend when he was on Drew's XCR. Average? I think not!

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hey I dont need 120mph. My fat ass is perfectly content 100mph and under. Ask Brokeback Bussman how big the smiles on our faces were when we were riding those hills in WI last weekend when he was on Drew's XCR. Average? I think not!

Bussman is so fucking stubborn .....he wouldnt buy anything but the latest cat if his life depended on it. It makes zero difference how good something else might be to that guy. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Bussman is so fucking stubborn .....he wouldnt buy anything but the latest cat if his life depended on it. It makes zero difference how good something else might be to that guy. 

Yeah thats the problem with cat guys. Its like liberalism, a mental disorder. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Its like pounding your own ballsack flat with a mallet and then claiming it was the best blowjob you ever got 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I never understood why people from all brands buy a certain sled model and thing it is somehow miraculously faster than the same brand’s other models.

”My XRS is fast!!”

“I beat an RR!!!!!”

”I won against an XCR!!!”

It’s all the same power plant as the other models of the same brand you nimrods!!!

Also, anyone buying any of the above models for straight racing should have their sled taken from them.....then their lives!!! :lmao:

38 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

You are really fitting in well with the “Poo-laiders”.  I enjoy watching the transformation when Doo guys go to Poo.

”WHY WON’T CAT GUYS AGREE I HAVE A GREAT SLED!!!!  IT’S TREMENDOUS!!!!!!  ARCTIC CAT SUCKS!!!!!!”

:lol:

Edited by Zambroski

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Come on man there is no way Yammie will build a sled specifically for 1320' that is a naturally aspirated 850 4 stroke.   You need to quit listening to whomever you are.

My guess Yammie may have an SRX but it will the the lower version of the Sidewinder like cat did with the TCat.  They will still offer the Sidewinder as is with maybe some new gauges and controls.  

That is the best guess I have heard yet.  Shuffle the parts bin a little and fabricate a bit of hype.  Pretty typical Yamaha launch.  

I give them credit for launching the turbo, there's substance there, but not much else in the last how many years.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Polaris should have stuck with the Storm moniker....if the original Storms wouldnt have been such POS they would have

That was the problem.....they had to distance themselves from the Storm name.   The triples should have had the Centurion or TXL moniker.  Except for the XLT.   That made sense.  

Edited by Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Srxfasterapex said:

I'm thinking same motor but lighter and lower

Oh so not the Wolverine motor.  :lol:   Pretty much just what I said.  

• Haha 1