Check your account email address ×

More proactive ideas from the R, while the L do their same old song and dance

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/02/22/ms-13-murders-prompted-gop-reps-bill-that-would-strip-us-citizenship-from-foreign-born-gang-members

The bill from U.S. Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) — the “Protecting our Communities from Gang Violence Act” — would revoke naturalized citizenship from anyone who participates in gang activity either 10 years before or 10 years after taking the U.S. citizenship oath, the paper said.

In the wake of growing violence and highly publicized murders courtesy of the likes of MS-13, a Republican lawmaker wants to fight back by stripping American citizenship from foreign-born gang members, the Washington Examiner reported.

The El Salvador-based MS-13 has gained a sinister reputation in recent years. Police told the Examiner that MS-13 gang members have killed 17 people in Suffolk County, New York — Zeldin’s back yard — since January 2016.

How did an immigrant-rights group react to Zeldin’s proposal?

“This bill is shameless political posturing,” Steven Choi, executive director of the New York Immigration Coalition, told the Washington Times. “It will actually cripple public safety, while demonizing Long Island’s thousands of hard-working immigrants.”

• Thanks 1

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

“It will actually cripple public safety, while demonizing Long Island’s thousands of hard-working immigrants.”

These people aren't "hard-working immigrants" The bill specifically stated gang members! 

Removing gang members from the community would "cripple public safety"???

Only in the mind of a Dem could either of these statements be considered, rational thought!!!

:bashhead:

Just now, Mainecat said:

I am more concerned with right wing adult gangs

Clearly.  Among thousands of other scary issues in your world.  Expired mayonnaise, dust bunnies, pebbles in the grass, right and left sock identifiers, etc...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

this statement sounds like BS to me...

“CBP apprehended them, knew they were MS-13 gang members, and they processed and disbursed them into our communities,”

Could be total BS, it is the media report after all. They have to have that triggered fear factor to get any attention nowadays. Happens from both sides. The main point of the article can't be argued by any rational person though, IMO.

so i read another "blaze" article linked in that op. obviously a biased website, designed to get simpletons who don't have any critical thought process, all riled up. simpletons like the ones who frequent this site. there's no mention of present day gang members that came in during the bush admin. or came in as a result of the policy that was created by the bush admin. no mention of all the things that some of the teens that came into the country under that policy have done. it's just focus on the ones that turned bad, blame the dems for it, accuse dems of not caring, and make up BS like obama knew a bunch of teens were in a murderous gang and let them in anyway :handjob:

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so i read another "blaze" article linked in that op. obviously a biased website, designed to get simpletons who don't have any critical thought process, all riled up. simpletons like the ones who frequent this site. there's no mention of present day gang members that came in during the bush admin. or came in as a result of the policy that was created by the bush admin. no mention of all the things that some of the teens that came into the country under that policy have done. it's just focus on the ones that turned bad, blame the dems for it, accuse dems of not caring, and make up BS like obama knew a bunch of teens were in a murderous gang and let them in anyway :handjob:

This was my point. I'm not a "simpleton", I have the ability to read past the partisan politics. Yes, the blaze is a conservative website, no different than the MSNBC CNN of the other side. Again, I posted it to report the message of the article, not to blame Dems. They do enough damage to their party themselves. However, the response they gave, the one I quoted, I hope even you could see the idiocy there. No?

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

This was my point. I'm not a "simpleton", I have the ability to read past the partisan politics. Yes, the blaze is a conservative website, no different than the MSNBC CNN of the other side. Again, I posted it to report the message of the article, not to blame Dems. They do enough damage to their party themselves. However, the response they gave, the one I quoted, I hope even you could see the idiocy there. No?

:lol:

yes it is, alot different. and the title of your thread says alot. 

I dont agree at all with creating a legal vehicle for removing someones citizenship. Our Justice Dept , US Intell and LEO agencies have proven to be 100% corrupt and inept. Fuck giving them the ability to revoke citizenship.

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont agree at all with creating a legal vehicle for removing someones citizenship. Our Justice Dept , US Intell and LEO agencies have proven to be 100% corrupt and inept. Fuck giving them the ability to revoke citizenship.

I agree with the “10 year after” part being stupid.  If we made them a citizen based on proper vetting in the first place, then what they do after falls under our system of justice (whatever that means now).  

And if we make them citizens, then revoke it, where the fuck do they go now?  The moon?  Just dumb.  Or do we think their former country will take them back?  Nonsense.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I agree with the “10 year after” part being stupid.  If we made them a citizen based on proper vetting in the first place, then what they do after falls under our system of justice (whatever that means now).  

And if we make them citizens, then revoke it, where the fuck do they go now?  The moon?  Just dumb.  Or do we think their former country will take them back?  Nonsense.

Exactly ....the solution to the problem is proper vetting in the first place......not more laws to fight problems the govt is creating in the first place

8 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

yes it is, alot different. and the title of your thread says alot. 

really the founder of the Blaze had a top rated show on your beloved unquestionably trusted   and CNN  for 3 yrs . and may I ad is no fan of trump .but you would not know that with your head firmly planted up Don Lemon's sloppy  star fish

Edited by Ez ryder

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

well a shit load will be Russian and Hmong   . Mc wont know how to Handel this one ok we get it Mexicans have a right to be hear as do stinky Somalia people even if they are in gangs but those Russian and gooks extremely torn . pretty sure it is a full depends worth of pondering if mother jones has no thoughts on this for him to adopt