Check your account email address ×

Why the New faggot turbo sucks ass

f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

well its not because of the engine weight......Doo absolutely sandbagged the 1200 in every configurable way though. Look at the muffler on the 1200....there is no reason for it to way what it does. Skidoo shed lbs off the 900 muffler so they could print lighter weights in their brochures 

So how come no one could come up with a lighter one that didn't drone like shit? If it was so easy to make it lighter...

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

well its not because of the engine weight......Doo absolutely sandbagged the 1200 in every configurable way though. Look at the muffler on the 1200....there is no reason for it to way what it does. Skidoo shed lbs off the 900 muffler so they could print lighter weights in their brochures 

Guess only way to find outis to ride the 900t till then hard to say. :bc:

2 minutes ago, Doorider said:

So how come no one could come up with a lighter one that didn't drone like shit? If it was so easy to make it lighter...

I had a custom made corsa muffler that didnt drone at all.....sounded great actually 

There are more mufflers out there than the Hindle and MBRP you know

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Id agree with that.

I know guys that set up NA 1200s very well and they run with 800s, but stock for stock obviously no comparison. I really wanted to like the 1200 too cause it'd be a great sled for diamond pounding, just kind of boring to ride is all. :bc:

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have ridden many 800 etecs and owned more 1200's than you've owned sleds. I wrench my own and grudge race when ever I get a chance. You are a chick 

I groom 10 hours every weekend from December til March and still find time to get way more seat time then you, just cause you've owned a sled and ridden it 10 miles doesn't make you more knowledgeable than a guy who rides one sled 4000 miles . :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

You mean you don't like the rapper fiddycent? :lol:

I'm just flipping shit....even though my son and I laugh every time we hear it.  :lol:  

Ride what you like....well except 600's.......Right Broski!!!  :lol: 

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

Just now, GGNHL said:

I know guys that set up NA 1200s very well and they run with 800s, but stock for stock obviously no comparison. I really wanted to like the 1200 too cause it'd be a great sled for diamond pounding, just kind of boring to ride is all. :bc:

I groom 10 hours every weekend from December til March and still find time to get way more seat time then you, just cause you've owned a sled and ridden it 10 miles doesn't make you more knowledgeable than a guy who rides one sled 4000 miles . :lol:

agreed,  I was planning on a 1200x gade when i made the decision to stop playing in the woods but after riding one i just didn't get excited by how it felt. I am sure i could have gotten used to it but i ordered my xrs gade instead.  

2 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

My 1200 will run with 800s...ive got a header cudney flashed ecu pb 80 and a cudney clutch kit. :bc:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed,  I was planning on a 1200x gade when i made the decision to stop playing in the woods but after riding one i just didn't get excited by how it felt. I am sure i could have gotten used to it but i ordered my xrs gade instead.  

I ride one 200 miles one day in about every condition imaginable and couldn't wait to get back on my etec. I'll kick the tires on a turbo but I know I'll probably end up back with the new etec and lug my oil all over quebekistan. 

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

My 1200 will run with 800s...ive got a header cudney flashed ecu pb 80 and a cudney clutch kit. :bc:

Yes that certainly wakes them up for sure. :bc:

Edited by GGNHL

59 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

1200 is 23 lbs heavier than the 900ace in the same sled per skidoo, the turbo ACE is 26 lbs heavier than the NA. I hated the heavy front of the 1200 and the plain boring motor, now bouncing back to 8fiddy... they're gonna be here in Maine next week, will have to stop and check em out, wish I could ride a 900 turbo but my dealer isn't getting a demo

I guarantee your opinion would change if you rode a 1200 with ITC. Its not 850 level fun but it's still a blast to ride.

I'm going to the snodeo here next weekend. They're going to have 19's on display and going to have demo's, I just hope that the demo's are 19's. Not counting on it though cuz the French fags do some stupid things. Example- only make 4 strokes with 137" tracks. What a bonehead move.

1 hour ago, Rw06GT said:

Time to hook him up with wildboar, they can give each other handies riding their slow ass faggot sleds on the Quebec sled highways. :lol:

I don't ride Quebec highways, if I did then I might think about a 200hp turbo. Mostly tight & twisties where I ride. Fastest I've hit on a trail this year I think is 87. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

My Sidewinder sees nothing but trail duty, and the only sled in front of me is another Sidewinder. 

I haven't even seen 100 yet. The fun of 30-90 is just intoxicating.

I think, sir, you are a faggot.

Exactly! That's why I want a 120-150 hp lightweight 4 stroke. :bc: 

Edited by rump-rider

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DAVE said:

How about 800's with Y, timing adjusted and clutching? 

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

All the 1200 needed to run with 800's was to be spun to 8700 rpm where it runs best. Doo did everything they could to keep it from outperforming their precious 800 etec junks

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

All the 1200 needed to run with 800's was to be spun to 8700 rpm where it runs best. Doo did everything they could to keep it from outperforming their precious 800 etec junks

Which do you rather 850e or 900t If you were gonna buy one ? For me I guess it would be 850e with silber turbo , just gotta hope it holds up. 

Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Which do you rather 850e or 900t If you were gonna buy one ? For me I guess it would be 850e with silber turbo , just gotta hope it holds up. 

Id take the 900t...dont miss adding oil.

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ya it makes a guy wonder...funny thing was in 09 it was kinda the flagship....it was the highest priced sled in the line up if i recall correctly.....later on even the jazzed up gran tourings where less then the freerides and xrs i believe.

9 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

the 850 is a very nice motor.....from what I have seen it doesnt perform much better than the typical 800 though. I would take it over the 900T though. The 900 is just a pathetic engine all around and offers not one single redeeming quality 

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya it makes a guy wonder...funny thing was in 09 it was kinda the flagship....it was the highest priced sled in the line up if i recall correctly.....later on even the jazzed up gran tourings where less then the freerides and xrs i believe.

It was Doo making a splash into the performance 4S market and the 1200 was only meant to bridge them until when they got their cheaper ACE motors developed. They couldnt create to big of a following for the 1200 among their faithful because they planned to replace it. When people really fell in love with the 1200 they did everything they could to detract from it 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It was Doo making a splash into the performance 4S market and the 1200 was only meant to bridge them until when they got their cheaper ACE motors developed. They couldnt create to big of a following for the 1200 among their faithful because they planned to replace it. When people really fell in love with the 1200 they did everything they could to detract from it 

Makes sense. :bc:

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah, but who gives a fuck what you think. :lol:

My 800 etec is an awesome sled, and if I weren't into diamond pounding Quebec I'd buy the 8fiddy for sure, but might end up on a faggot turbo since I already have a Slum-mit sport as a second sled. #ballershockcollar

I bet dimes to dollars you never knew what the front of my sleds looked like.. :lol:

32 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

I ride one 200 miles one day in about every condition imaginable and couldn't wait to get back on my etec. I'll kick the tires on a turbo but I know I'll probably end up back with the new etec and lug my oil all over quebekistan. 

Yes that certainly wakes them up for sure. :bc:

well they do have a new oil caddy for on top of the jerry can to help you with that.  I'm packing 2 gallons with me next week and will prob still have to buy some more when i get back into maine on Tuesday afternoon.Might even just throw 2.5 into the jerry can and pour from there since i really don't need fuel.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

On the cat 400$ gets you 100 more HP .....so skidoo is immensely expensive in comparison. Of course skidoo does all this by plan. They dont want to upstage their precious 850 so they boosted a little toy motor that cant make any power :lol: 

400 bucks will get you a hundred horsepower?

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

On the cat 400$ gets you 100 more HP .....so skidoo is immensely expensive in comparison. Of course skidoo does all this by plan. They dont want to upstage their precious 850 so they boosted a little toy motor that cant make any power :lol: 

But then you have to ride a cat. You lose!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, s pump said:

400 bucks will get you a hundred horsepower?

Ahh....more then that actually. The D&D slingshot flash makes 278HP and is $389 ....you have to gut your stock muffler but that is it. Runs on stock clutching. I was riding a sled with that flash this last weekend