Check your account email address ×

Chicago Cops kill stolen car suspect...shot in the back

7 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Bulldoze over all slum areas would be a start.

Well. We have sanctuary cities

Why can't we have crime zones.

These people do not want the police in their neighborhood or arresting anyone.

I think at very least patrols should be stopped .

Come only when called.

It would certainly lower conflicts

Edited by Cold War

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Come only when called.

We could even give them ar-15's just to get things rolling good right?

Edited by Capt.Storm

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

While he did steal a car, nearly run over an officer and then slam into a patrol car but at the point does he as unarmed fleeing suspect deserve to be shot in the back and killed? Seems as if the officers were trigger happy and on the video you can hear them ask in confusion if the suspect shot at them....bad deal all the way around.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/us/chicago-police-shooting-video-release/

I can understand the cops being amped up, but the shooting was reckless especially when they were shooting at the car as it was heading towards a police SUV, they should have just chased the kid and knocked him around.

The police chief jumped on this right away and has suspended the officers who broke the rules.

The videos show officers firing on the reportedly stolen Jaguar as it drove away from them, and their shots appear to place officers farther down the street in danger of being shot. The city's use-of-force policy explicitly bars police from firing at a moving vehicle if it represents the only threat against officers.

The videos capture at least 15 shots being fired in about five seconds as the Jaguar passed the officers and drove away.

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson took quick action after the shooting, stripping three officers who opened fire at O'Neal of their police powers and saying it appeared they had violated departmental policies.

Chicago police officers tried to stop O'Neal about 7:30 p.m. July 28 in the South Shore neighborhood as he drove a Jaguar convertible reported stolen in suburban Bolingbrook, Ill., police said. Surveillance cameras tied O'Neal and three others to a spree of car thefts, officials in the suburb said.

O'Neal struck two Chicago police vehicles in the sports car, and two officers fired at him while he was in the car, authorities said. O'Neal fled from the car, police said, and a third officer chased him behind a home. After O'Neal refused to stop, the officer shot him.

O'Neal, who was unarmed, died of a gunshot wound to the back, authorities said.

The city's quick moves after O'Neal's shooting show how much has changed in the eight months since the release of video of a white police officer shooting black 17-year-old Laquan McDonald 16 times. The officer who shot McDonald, Jason Van Dyke, is charged with murder.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-officials-release-horrific-video-showing-events-leading-up-to-fatal-police-shooting-of-black-teenager/ar-BBviZ0Q

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I can understand the cops being amped up, but the shooting was reckless especially when they were shooting at the car as it was heading towards a police SUV, they should have just chased the kid and knocked him around.

The police chief jumped on this right away and has suspended the officers who broke the rules.

Yeah when they were unloading on the car it looked pretty damn sketchy. Glad the CPD took quick action.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Suspended with pay I'm sure.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah when they were unloading on the car it looked pretty damn sketchy. Glad the CPD took quick action.

I said this earlier when the one cop was coming around the corner shooting he was basically shooting at his buddy who was almost getting ran over. Than they both shot at the back of the car and also at the other office who was coming at him and they had a front end. Totally would not have done that but i dont know the extent of what happened when he actually got shot.

Just like that video i posted Notice the cop in the back shoots him when he sees him reaching for his pistol. Shit might "look" like one thing but we dont know what happened when he was shot.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

The video comes from the officers, they knew it was on tape.

So they obviously thought they were well within their right to shoot.

The cop who shot the kid turned off his body cam.

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Come only when called.

The neighborhood where that kid got shot is a middle class neighborhood, I'm sure the taxpaying residents would not be happy if they lost there police patrols.

2 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I said this earlier when the one cop was coming around the corner shooting he was basically shooting at his buddy who was almost getting ran over. Than they both shot at the back of the car and also at the other office who was coming at him and they had a front end. Totally would not have done that but i dont know the extent of what happened when he actually got shot.

Just like that video i posted Notice the cop in the back shoots him when he sees him reaching for his pistol. Shit might "look" like one thing but we dont know what happened when he was shot.

I could not tell from the vid that he was reaching for a pistol.

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

While he did steal a car, nearly run over an officer and then slam into a patrol car but at the point does he as unarmed fleeing suspect deserve to be shot in the back and killed? Seems as if the officers were trigger happy and on the video you can hear them ask in confusion if the suspect shot at them....bad deal all the way around.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/us/chicago-police-shooting-video-release/

The law considers a car as a weapon when used as force.  I wasn't there so I'll what to have more of an opinion.  Sometimes stupid people die by be to stupid.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The neighborhood where that kid got shot is a middle class neighborhood, I'm sure the taxpaying residents would not be happy if they lost there police patrols.

If that is a middle class neighborhood than im fucking rich..:lol::lol: But seriously no one steals cars or hardly anything where i live people have mutual respect for reach others lives. We have jobs and houses and shit. Yes they want cops and should have them, but black on black violence and perpetuation of it is the issue. end of story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rmk said:

The law considers a car as a weapon when used as force.  I wasn't there so I'll what to have more of an opinion.  Sometimes stupid people die by be to stupid.

According to what Vince posted they broke regulations by firing on the vehicle.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Then how is there video of the guy getting shot?

I wasn't referring to that neighborhood in particular.

There are streets and neighborhoods that all the cops know as beyond help.

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

If you willfully switch off your body cam at a time like that you should be fired and charged with obstruction

Without question.

I was talking to a black Chicago cop earlier this week and he told me that felt sorry for the white cops because they are walking on egg shells when arresting a black person, but this case here of shooting the kid in the back is bullshit, as the pursuer you have an advantage of seeing the person reach for a gun and then said person has to make a full turn to make a good shot.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

other cops had their cameras on.

5 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

If that is a middle class neighborhood than im fucking rich..:lol::lol: But seriously no one steals cars or hardly anything where i live people have mutual respect for reach others lives. We have jobs and houses and shit. Yes they want cops and should have them, but black on black violence and perpetuation of it is the issue. end of story.

Large bungalows, nicely landscaped yards what did you see that would make you think otherwise? :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I was at a site earlier this week that was the dividing line for the Gangster Disciples and the Vice Lords on the west side, it's the heart of the heroin highway, the west side of Chicago has always made me nervous but more so now than ever before.

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Large bungalows, nicely landscaped yards what did you see that would make you think otherwise? :dunno: 

This wildcat guy is acting like he has some bonafides but he won't say what they are.