Check your account email address ×

Chicago Cops kill stolen car suspect...shot in the back

1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

IT says

Police cannot legally shoot fleeing suspects unless they pose a threat to an officer's life or unless the officer has a good-faith belief the suspect poses a substantial danger to the public 

He was absolutly a threat.  A fleeing vehicle isn't ramming and barely running dude over.

yes..but he was running on his damn feet when he got shot in the back.

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

yes..but he was running on his damn feet when he got shot in the back.

There is no video of that. he could have turned around with anything in his hand and i would have shot him flat out. He already made it clear he gave 0 fucks about anyone's life trying to steal a shit jag anyhow. Once you cross that line any unclear movement is going to get you in trouble.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya i always love the comments from the seasoned veterans....hell cops were more corrupt back in the day then they are now...:lol:

He wasn't talking about them being corrupt. It was the fact that departments needed to fill jobs and were taking on new guys that aren't qualified to fill the positions because that's all that was available.

Just now, Wildcat said:

There is no video of that. he could have turned around with anything in his hand and i would have shot him flat out. He already made it clear he gave 0 fucks about anyone's life trying to steal a shit jag anyhow. Once you cross that line any unclear movement is going to get you in trouble.

Ive been saying this all along... :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

well if they found a weapon of any type it has not been reported yet that i know of.

Maybe he was shitting bricks out his ass though..

This happens daily in Detroit with private citizens.

Guy tries to jack a car, owner is armed, criminal turns to run and gets a back full of slugs.

Is that fine ?

Or should the owner be charged with murder?

I mean you would think stop or I will shoot would be legal and maybe it was before 1985.

The phrase "Stop Or I'll Shoot" embodies a common idea, popularized in fiction, that a police officer need only identify himself to a criminal suspect as an officer of the law, and that after this, if the suspect resists the officer, the officer is justified in containing the situation by any means he sees fit, up to and including deadly force.

This idea is flawed. In real life, police officers are required to use a reasonable amount of force, ideally the minimum necessary to contain a situation; they can't just begin shooting or swinging their nightsticks willy-nilly whenever a perp runs or tells them off, or even if a suspect fights back. Many, many lawsuits against police departments are grounded on the alleged use of "excessive force" and "Police Brutality". Indeed, since 1985, police are not allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect unless he or she can be shown to pose a threat of death or dangerous injury to others.

Edited by Capt.Storm

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

He wasn't talking about them being corrupt. It was the fact that departments needed to fill jobs and were taking on new guys that aren't qualified to fill the positions because that's all that was available.

Ya ya...ive heard that before.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

OK Dirty Harry.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Unreal.....they had no idea what the fuck they were doing...watch the video again.

Put yourself in their position....you would be shooting everyone im guessing... :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Put yourself in their position....you would be shooting everyone im guessing... :lol:

Well at least you'd  be safe....no running away for you....waddling maybe...

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

While he did steal a car, nearly run over an officer and then slam into a patrol car but at the point does he as unarmed fleeing suspect deserve to be shot in the back and killed? Seems as if the officers were trigger happy and on the video you can hear them ask in confusion if the suspect shot at them....bad deal all the way around.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/us/chicago-police-shooting-video-release/

Jims first post says it best yet.

6 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I mean you would think stop or I will shoot would be legal and maybe it was before 1985.

The phrase "Stop Or I'll Shoot" embodies a common idea, popularized in fiction, that a police officer need only identify himself to a criminal suspect as an officer of the law, and that after this, if the suspect resists the officer, the officer is justified in containing the situation by any means he sees fit, up to and including deadly force.

This idea is flawed. In real life, police officers are required to use a reasonable amount of force, ideally the minimum necessary to contain a situation; they can't just begin shooting or swinging their nightsticks willy-nilly whenever a perp runs or tells them off, or even if a suspect fights back. Many, many lawsuits against police departments are grounded on the alleged use of "excessive force" and "Police Brutality". Indeed, since 1985, police are not allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect unless he or she can be shown to pose a threat of death or dangerous injury to others.

What if he hopped in another car?

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

OK Dirty Harry.

Im not saying this was justified. Just saying its borderline possible. I have been in the city in shit areas at the wrong time.  His sister was saying in the press conference he had goals and was going somewhere. GTFOH :lol:

No one steals cars in that spot of life. You go to work and earn the right to buy that shit. Not by stealing or stepping on others to do so. ¬¬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well at least you'd  be safe....no running away for you....waddling maybe...

Personal insults means ive won... :bc:

Edited by DAVE
  • Like 1