Check your account email address ×

Father Tries to Attack Larry Nasser

• Platinum Contributing Member

After watching a bunch of interviews and reading up on it I can't help but think the parents of these girls are somewhat culpable.  

The drive to see your kid succeed in athletics is no stronger anywhere else than girls gymnastics and the Olympics.  Who lets their 13 YO girl go to this "ranch" for months on end and take the verbal and physical abuse that occurred.   I don't buy for a second there wasn't some girls talking to their parents about some of it and we are just hearing about it years and years later.  Someone starved my kid or continuously berated my kid like went on there at that age I'd have gone ape shit on them.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmmmmm........Not sure this isn't how these pricks should be handled.  Dude only got 5 years probation.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Highmark

Just now, steve from amherst said:

The sentence was justified.

Yep if I was on the jury he wouldn't get shit.   Temporary insanity was the cause.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

After watching a bunch of interviews and reading up on it I can't help but think the parents of these girls are somewhat culpable.  

The drive to see your kid succeed in athletics is no stronger anywhere else than girls gymnastics and the Olympics.  Who lets their 13 YO girl go to this "ranch" for months on end and take the verbal and physical abuse that occurred.   I don't buy for a second there wasn't some girls talking to their parents about some of it and we are just hearing about it years and years later.  Someone starved my kid or continuously berated my kid like went on there at that age I'd have gone ape shit on them.    

That’s how gymnastics works. My daughter has  been doing it since she was 3. Her gym does like 20-25 hours a week. If you want to make it to college gymnastics or the olympics you go away to these places and work out 40 plus hours a week. You basically give up your youth for the anticipated payback. How bad do you want it? 

20 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That’s how gymnastics works. My daughter has  been doing it since she was 3. Her gym does like 20-25 hours a week. If you want to make it to college gymnastics or the olympics you go away to these places and work out 40 plus hours a week. You basically give up your youth for the anticipated payback. How bad do you want it? 

That's my point.   Who wants it more.....the kid or the parents.   What like 8 girls make the Olympic team every 4 years?   

Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yeah...same here with our future hockey "stars".  They don't have a youth anymore.  They go from HS hockey during regular season to travel teams and summer camps.  Many are off to minors and finish HS with tutors.  I get it, but, IMO it's sad.  A good part of their youth is robbed from them and while many choose it, I know for a fact many of the parents are choosing it for them.  Most will end up in the regular population with a missed youth being sacrificed for nothing.  I personally think it's just too much, and not fair.  But... :dunno:

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

A product of helicopter parents. These poor kids haven’t a clue how to make it through life unless someone is micromanaging every second of their day. Very very sad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I can only imagine this fathers rage and pain.

BTW don’t fuck with The IBEW.:thumbsup:

I'll bet they just uncuff him and let him go. Too bad he didn't say to Nassar these men won't be protecting you in prison from the other inmates.  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...same here with our future hockey "stars".  They don't have a youth anymore.  They go from HS hockey during regular season to travel teams and summer camps.  Many are off to minors and finish HS with tutors.  I get it, but, IMO it's sad.  A good part of their youth is robbed from them and while many choose it, I know for a fact many of the parents are choosing it for them.  Most will end up in the regular population with a missed youth being sacrificed for nothing.  I personally think it's just too much, and not fair.  But... :dunno:

Mine is pretty serious about it and had the opportunity to go to a place like that when she was younger. My wife and 2 or her brothers were involved with gymnastics in college and have some connections. We all thought it was a bad idea.

There was a gymnastics school in  Petoskey a few years back that we checked out when Sarah was around 8-9 years old because she showed some interest but it never panned out..good thing as a few years later the guy that ran it was arrested for being a pedo.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There was a gymnastics school in  Petoskey a few years back that we checked out when Sarah was around 8-9 years old because she showed some interest but it never panned out..good thing as a few years later the guy that ran it was arrested for being a pedo.

One would have to wonder if this is another one of those professions that attract people like that. Personally, I don't think too many normal, straight guys would want to coach a bunch of little girls in gymnastics.  :dunno:

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Look at that little fucking coward duck.. 

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pretty good size guy. The cops laid a good move on him. Subdued but didn't hurt him. The older cop has some decent flexibility.