Check your account email address ×

State of the Union Speech

44 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The expressions on the Dem faces say it all.  Who can't get behind lower prescription drug prices, or infrastructure spending, a standard Democratic playbook item?  They have no interest in working with him.  At all.  Hopefully more people are figuring it out.  They couldn't look any worse than they did tonight.

How's it going to get paid for? And the increase in military spending? We've seen this act of cutting taxes and increased spending before and it's results.

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I laughed when Trump was talking about how African American and Hispanic employment was at the lowest on record.....  And the left just sat there with a defeated look.  Not sure why you would cheer with historically low unemployment in minority groups.....  Its like the left didn't want minorities to exceed and remain oppressed at the bottom on social assistance rather then working. 

Then I started watching how pathetic the left looked, every time they showed pelosi she looked like she was about ready to explode and talking  away to nobody that was listening.

She was unhinged. Fuckin' bitch is like 77 years old, I think. Worth about 30 million with her husband. Why won't she just move along. I read years ago, that NO ONE EVER RELINQUISHES POWER. No shit. 

Do youze remember when Trayvon Obama said " the difference between you and me Donald, is that you'll NEVER be president ". 

OMG!! Obie must be gagging on Trump's victory, along with Hillary. It must suck so bad for them, that it can't suck enough. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How's it going to get paid for? And the increase in military spending? We've seen this act of cutting taxes and increased spending before and it's results.

Economic growth. 

Increased wages.

Getting people off entitlements. 

Cutting foreign aide.   

Stopping the costly flow of illegal immigrants and its impact on education and the entitlement system.

Like the substance of the speech but I thought the delivery could have been better.   He did a better job the last time he spoke in front of congress.  

We are at a time where 30% of the American people complain if the President talks about a pro American agenda.   Sad.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Economic growth. 

Increased wages.

Cutting foreign aide.   

Stopping the costly flow of illegal immigrants and its impact on education and the entitlement system.

So pretty much all the things the dems in the crowd last night moaned and groaned about. :lol: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Economic growth. 

Increased wages.

Cutting foreign aide.   

The same bullshit we have heard with every tax cut and spending increase since the early 80's, and yet you still believe that bullshit :lol::lol: 

SR-fed-spending-numbers-2012-p4-chart-4_

8 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

lies, off the top of my head

auto companies building here for the first time in decades

wage increases

US only now becoming an energy exporter

the biggest tax cut in history

but again, not as bad as thought it was going to be

Rep. Joe Kennedy III (D-MA) claimed the host-city of his response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address, Fall River, Massachusetts was “built by immigrants.”

Fact-Check: MOSTLY FALSE

What is now Fall River was first established in the 1600s by English settlers who were not “immigrants” but colonists. A native-born family, the Bordens ran a mill in what became the town for generations before and after the American revolution. Industrialization began when Col. Joseph Durfee, a native-born Revolutionary War hero built the first factory in 1811. Later, at the end of the 19th Century a wave of immigrants swelled the town’s population. Immigrants, however, never made up a majority of the population of Bristol County, where Fall River lies, even at their early 20th Century peak.

• Haha 1

Three in four Americans who tuned in to President Trump’s State of the Union address tonight approved of the speech he gave. Just a quarter disapproved.

Eight in 10 Americans who watched tonight felt that the president was trying to unite the country, rather than divide it. Two-thirds said the speech made them feel proud, though just a third said it made them feel safer. Fewer said the speech made them feel angry or scared.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viewers-approve-of-trumps-first-state-of-the-union-address-cbs-news-poll/

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

History and facts mean nothing to fools :news: 

So tell us Vince, which president has all the longest lines in the wrong direction on your chart? :news: 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The same bullshit we have heard with every tax cut and spending increase since the early 80's, and yet you still believe that bullshit :lol::lol: 

SR-fed-spending-numbers-2012-p4-chart-4_

Let's be clear.   I do not advocate spending increases even on military but to say tax cuts do not have a positive impact on revenue is simple being obtuse.  

Future deficits are difficult enough to predict much less with major tax reform.  

Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Economic growth. 

Increased wages.

Cutting foreign aide.   

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Economic growth. 

Increased wages.

Cutting foreign aide.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Let's be clear.   I do not advocate spending increases even on military but to say tax cuts do not have a positive impact on revenue is simple being obtuse.  

The question asked is how is the spending going to be paid for, your answer is above..............history shows that isn't how it's paid for, the correct answer is BORROWING, anyone with a glimmer of intelligence knows this.

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Future deficits are difficult enough to predict much less with major tax reform.  

X2, I don’t see a need for more military spending. This is my biggest issue with this president. 

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The question asked is how is the spending going to be paid for, your answer is above..............history shows that isn't how it's paid for, the correct answer is BORROWING, anyone with a glimmer of intelligence knows this.

You couldn't be more wrong.  Clinton cut overall taxes because of the impact his CG's cuts had AND congress made him cut spending.   Bush tax increase produced the greatest gains ever seen in tax revenue but between wars and prescription drug increases in Medicare it couldn't keep up.   Reagan tax cuts dramatically increased revenue but also couldn't always overcome cold war military spending and entitlement increases.

Tax cuts increase revenue but generally to get them done spending is increased.  

Edited by Highmark