Check your account email address ×

*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

so only LIBERALS need to be educated 

got it ONEWAY 

When Doug was asked how a Bill was made, he didn't know but you are all good with that - pathetic in this case 

Well Liberals are the ones teaching our kids and they are failing them.  Needs to change.

59 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

50% are failing all tests from the government from DAY ONE - tell me its the teachers that is the problem :lol:  

You assumption a teacher doesn't know how to add or subtract is really showing your ONEWAYness - pathetic 

What about science?  English? art?  music?  test them all as their degree means zero now 

bbaa bbaa bba  Doug has spoken, Teachers bad

Way too many of them have real life useless degrees. Yes they have been scoring poorly in math since the standardized tests were brought in. The purpose was to highlight how poorly the students were doing and to set a benchmark to measure against for improvement or lack thereof. So far the education system has been failing the students since their test performance has not improved. Doug wants to fix that.... about time someone paid attention. Ask a student today what 40% of 80 is and see what they do. Without hesitation my generation would tell you the answer from their head. Today they will pull out the calculator.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I did, our PM is an idiot.

Tell us something we don't know... that is except for Fail.

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Way too many of them have real life useless degrees. Yes they have been scoring poorly in math since the standardized tests were brought in. The purpose was to highlight how poorly the students were doing and to set a benchmark to measure against for improvement or lack thereof. So far the education system has been failing the students since their test performance has not improved. Doug wants to fix that.... about time someone paid attention. Ask a student today what 40% of 80 is and see what they do. Without hesitation my generation would tell you the answer from their head. Today they will pull out the calculator.

Tell us something we don't know... that is except for Fail.

so testing the teachers now will make students smarter :lol:  

okay that was easy 

Math marks have been bad since the beginning of tme, not the test being brought in,  FACT IS THE TEST FAILED TO HELP ONE STUDENT - this is the real issue so lets do it again, test someone else that will make it better :lol:  and the sheep go baa bbbaaaa 

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

interesting point 

They taught you :dunno:  did you fail? 

You agreed this EQ testing was worthless, make up your mind 

I still think they need to scrap it, waste of money.

The only subject I ever failed was grade 6 music and there was no fucking way I was singing, so the teacher caught me just moving my lips.  Get rid of that useless program too.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

okay that was easy 

Math marks have been bad since the beginning of tme, not the test being brought in,  FACT IS THE TEST FAILED TO HELP ONE STUDENT - this is the real issue so lets do it again, test someone else that will make it better :lol:  and the sheep go baa bbbaaaa 

Artsy brains can't comprehend math.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The only subject I ever failed was grade 6 music and there was no fucking way I was singing, so the teacher caught me just moving my lips.  Get rid of that useless program too.

so the Liberal teachers didn't fail you?  wow didn't think it was possible to have someone do well with Math and such

no testing for students

no testing of teachers

AC is a success by some strange means 

ONEWAYS FOLLOW EVERY WORD FROM THEIR HERO 

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

okay that was easy 

Nice spin. 

If teachers are competent and able to relate to students and do a better job teaching said students, then yes, of course it will make them smarter. It will not only do that, it will keep them engaged, motivated and make them want to learn.

My son and his buds, both boys and girls, hated going to this English teachers class. They dreaded the thought and it affected their desire and motivation throughout the day which carried into other classes as well.

Do you have kids, Trail? I assume you are fine with any idiot teaching your kids or would you like the best possible candidate to be able to teach them?

Speaking of Trudeau and the rest of the Liberal asshole running this Country and the last ones who ran the Province. If it is not or was not obvious to you how incompetent they were and currently are, then there is no sense in carrying on this conversation with you. :snack:

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

okay that was easy 

I guess your definition of the beginning of time and mine are distinctly different. In my high school days everyone I knew could do math in their head like what is 40% of 80 without having to think about it. Today.... go to a store and the bill is $18.39. Give them a $20 bill. They enter $20 in the register then give them an extra $0.50. They look at you and say you gave them too much money and have no idea what to do with the $0.50.

Kind of shows how bad their math is doesn't it. Ooops... forgot who I'm taking to about math. That would stump you too.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My music teacher told me the only way I could carry a tune was in a bucket. He was right.

7 minutes ago, irv said:

Nice spin. 

If teachers are competent and able to relate to students and do a better job teaching said students, then yes, of course it will make them smarter. It will not only do that, it will keep them engaged, motivated and make them want to learn.

My son and his buds, both boys and girls, hated going to this English teachers class. They dreaded the thought and it affected their desire and motivation throughout the day which carried into other classes as well.

Do you have kids, Trail? I assume you are fine with any idiot teaching your kids or would you like the best possible candidate to be able to teach them?

Speaking of Trudeau and the rest of the Liberal asshole running this Country and the last ones who ran the Province. If it is not or was not obvious to you how incompetent they were and currently are, then there is no sense in carrying on this conversation with you. :snack:

Yeah best economy in decades, most employed in 50 years - horrible I say 

So a person that can pass a simple math test is now a great teacher?  you are simple if that is the case 

How this improves your kids spelling is beyond me.

What is funny is everyone here thinks they are great at MATH - how is that possible when math scores have been very low forever :dunno: 

When I voted for Harper (twice)  he was doing well, then he switched to sending the message of fear, he lost my vote.  

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I guess your definition of the beginning of time and mine are distinctly different. In my high school days everyone I knew could do math in their head like what is 40% of 80 without having to think about it. Today.... go to a store and the bill is $18.39. Give them a $20 bill. They enter $20 in the register then give them an extra $0.50. They look at you and say you gave them too much money and have no idea what to do with the $0.50.

Kind of shows how bad their math is doesn't it. Ooops... forgot who I'm taking to about math. That would stump you too.

My music teacher told me the only way I could carry a tune was in a bucket. He was right.

:lol:  too funny 

You were against the new way of teaching math but than use it as an example of greatness :lol: This is how new math works just as you stated.

Don't worry Cliffy Doug will tell you what to post next 

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so the Liberal teachers didn't fail you?  wow didn't think it was possible to have someone do well with Math and such

no testing for students

no testing of teachers

AC is a success by some strange means 

ONEWAYS FOLLOW EVERY WORD FROM THEIR HERO 

I was destined for greatness, it's no fluke.:lol:

12 minutes ago, irv said:

Nice spin. 

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

So a person that can pass a simple math test is now a great teacher?  you are simple if that is the case 

What is funny is everyone here thinks they are great at MATH - how is that possible when math scores have been very low forever :dunno: 

When I voted for Harper (twice)  he was doing well, then he switched to sending the message of fear, he lost my vote.  

Answer the question, Trail. Do you want competent and able teachers teaching your kids or will any dingbat do? :dunno:

These same teachers who are teaching nowadays got in all due to the Liberals lowering the standards. The same way they lowered the standards for driving tests and a host of other things. They cared more about the LGBT community than anything else and were too incompetent to see that having bad/poor teachers teaching our youth wasn't a good idea.

What is your vocation, btw? 

1 minute ago, irv said:

Answer the question, Trail. Do you want competent and able teachers teaching your kids or will any dingbat do? :dunno:

These same teachers who are teaching nowadays got in all due to the Liberals lowering the standards. The same way they lowered the standards for driving tests and a host of other things. They cared more about the LGBT community than anything else and were too incompetent to see that having bad/poor teachers teaching our youth wasn't a good idea.

sure, but having them passing a simple math test doesn't change anything about that teacher.

How are standards lower today?  I think you are way off on this - Marks on the provincial testing are still up since the beginning 

Lowering standards for drving?  where do you get this from?  G! G2 was a liberal thing making it harder to get your license at early ages :lol: 

Irv I never knew you were a ONEWAY but you are on that list now 

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

With the exception of you I would say we are all far better at math than the kids of today. Myself... 3 maths and 3 sciences for grade 13.

No you have to be a good teacher too. But you can't teach what you don't know. Kind of like the blind leading the blind. I had a horrible math teacher in grade 10. Not because he didn't know math but because he was so dull, monotone and spoke so slow everyone was put to sleep. He would have been a lousy teacher no matter what the subject.

10 minutes ago, irv said:

One of my wife's friends is a teacher. We recently had dinner with her and her husband. She was telling us about the student teachers she has had coming to work in the classroom with her. Their attitudes are pitiful and their skills are lousy.

Having potential teachers pass a math test will at least make sure they are competent with the material they are to teach.

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

With the exception of you I would say we are all far better at math than the kids of today. Myself... 3 maths and 3 sciences for grade 13.

No you have to be a good teacher too. But you can't teach what you don't know. Kind of like the blind leading the blind. I had a horrible math teacher in grade 10. Not because he didn't know math but because he was so dull, monotone and spoke so slow everyone was put to sleep. He would have been a lousy teacher no matter what the subject.

One of my wife's friends is a teacher. We recently had dinner with her and her husband. She was telling us about the student teachers she has had coming to work in the classroom with her. Their attitudes are pitiful and their skills are lousy.

Having potential teachers pass a math test will at least make sure they are competent with the material they are to teach.

but this DOUG test will cure this - Doug said so 

we are talking grade 3 and 6 adding and subtraction. you idea that a teacher can't do thus is funny, just like uninformed Doug.

Grade 9 is the last testing for math so high school isn't an issue I guess 

No doubt your friends to quote you are pitiful and lousy skill sets 

Edited by 1trailmaker

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty much.:lol:

HS was a joke and never attended any lectures in Engineering.

most education up to post secondary isn't worth much.

Like asking for grade 12 for a job qualification - if they got 50% its all good 

If you got grade 11 but 90% you are a failure and can't get that job.

Too much being judged by Mike Harris's test - I believe there are plenty of grads that are well into there 30's are doing just fine with their lousy scores in 1998

Edited by 1trailmaker

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Too much being judged by Mike Harris's test - I believe there are plenty of grads that are well into there 30's are doing just fine with their lousy scores in 1998

What do you really learn that is useful in most post secondary courses?  Solving Laplace Transforms and Fourier Series?  Most of Engineering was a complete waste, but it just separated the men from the boys with the hope that if the undergrads pass they are ready for just about anything that comes their way.    Or when their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th first choices don't pan out, there is always Business to fall back on.:lol:

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

but this DOUG test will cure this - Doug said so 

we are talking grade 3 and 6 adding and subtraction. you idea that a teacher can't do thus is funny, just like uninformed Doug.

Grade 9 is the last testing for math so high school isn't an issue I guess 

No doubt your friends to quote you are pitiful and lousy skill sets 

Oh so pitiful a grasp at straws Fail. First my wife's friend is a teacher who began her career when you actually needed these skills. She is one of those that will be retiring in the next couple of years.

Too bad you just don't grasp the concepts but that's not surprising. You need to master the basic skills in order to be able to learn the advanced mathematics. Without the foundational education you could never comprehend algebra, calculus or trigonometry. Something tells me that the bar will be set higher than addition and subtraction for a teacher.

Making sure the teachers have strong math skills, not poor or mediocre is a beginning. This will get passed on to the students over the coming years.

My money says you are one of those that can't figure out what 40% of 80 is without a calculator.

58 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

School is to teach you much more than the basic skills. High school prepares you for university. University teaches you how to think logically and analytically as well as instills a sense of discipline. At least it should. When you finish that education it tells your employer you have the ability to learn. Then they teach you more on the job.

33 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Oh so pitiful a grasp at straws Fail. First my wife's friend is a teacher who began her career when you actually needed these skills. She is one of those that will be retiring in the next couple of years.

Too bad you just don't grasp the concepts but that's not surprising. You need to master the basic skills in order to be able to learn the advanced mathematics. Without the foundational education you could never comprehend algebra, calculus or trigonometry. Something tells me that the bar will be set higher than addition and subtraction for a teacher.

Making sure the teachers have strong math skills, not poor or mediocre is a beginning. This will get passed on to the students over the coming years.

My money says you are one of those that can't figure out what 40% of 80 is without a calculator.

School is to teach you much more than the basic skills. High school prepares you for university. University teaches you how to think logically and analytically as well as instills a sense of discipline. At least it should. When you finish that education it tells your employer you have the ability to learn. Then they teach you more on the job.

Grade 3 math is adding and subtracting stop making this about subjects that are not included in this topic 

Grade 6 is dealing with fractions not calculus 

Grade 9 is algebra   not physics 

I am sure even you know this 

As for me Math was my subject of greatness in school and post - its simple to me, and yet I  have forgotten lots......

and the answer is 32

not sure how you can get a degree in anything without the basic concepts of Math 

When nothing changes will you blame Trudeau or Wynne :dunno:  I suggest helping students learn instead of seeing what a teach knows.

Waste of fucking time and really an attack on Teacher with zero results for the students.

The Blame game is something the RIGHT Is very good at - Harris blamed the Teachers and made a test that almost half fail year after year - fire the teachers.

As a parent, when your child is failing its easier to blame the Teacher instead of looking at the problem. The OneWay Conservative way of thinking 

Edited by 1trailmaker

Grade 3 test

http://www.eqao.com/en/assessments/primary-division/assessment-docs/g3-math-bklt-2018.pdf

Grade 6 test

http://www.eqao.com/en/assessments/junior-division/assessment-docs/G6-math-bklt-2018.pdf

Grade 9 test

http://www.eqao.com/en/assessments/grade-9-math/assessment-docs/g9-academic-question-bklt-2018.pdf

Since none of you have never looked at the test, similar to the sex-ed you haven't looked at, you might be surprised.

Pretty sure most can't pass the grade 6 and struggle on grade 3 and no chance of grade 9

Leaps and bounds ahead of what we were taught in school 

is it the end of the world if you don't know how many side a hexagon has :dunno:  

Edited by 1trailmaker

More Brilliance from SloganMan

OPEN FOR BUSINESS SIGNS ACROSS ONTARIO HIGHWAYS SHOULD DO IT :lol: 

When were we closed?  GOOGLE never got that message either did AMAZON :lol: 

go Doug go I hope you put  your selfie on it 

OH The coming recession is going to hurt SloganMan as he blames Trudeau