Check your account email address ×

Trolley Problem Time!

What do you do with the Trolley Problem?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You are presented with the Trolley Problem...

• Pulling the lever is murder
    • Killing 1 to save 5 is justified

58 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

No one has even attempted to discuss the Trolley Problem anyways... So I'm not sure what I'm doubling down on...

And because they aren't, it's not letting you stack moral and ethical variables on them.  You've been insulted here.  And now you are trying to lash out and hit back.  Too late.  I kinda admire the effort...it does show you have some intellectual thought patterns...or the "want" for them at least.  It also shows you are a young and naive.

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Now what would you choose if your grandparents and mother we're the 5 on one side and your sister the lone 1?  :dunno:

Neal

I'm gonna have to pull up my parents' life insurance policies before I answer this one... JK, I let it run over my parents and grandparents. I know it's what they'd want.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

WB getting his whole experiment hyjacked.  

So you're on a bridge and you see a train on one side barreling towards you, on the other side 5 people, standing next to you is a fat motherfucker. You know he's fat enough that if you push him off the bridge the train will hit him and grind to a halt saving the 5 people tied to the tracks... Do you push the fatass?

This is a classic ethics thought experiment  Zam, not mine.

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

So you're on a bridge and you see a train on one side barreling towards you, on the other side 5 people, standing next to you is a fat motherfucker. You know he's fat enough that if you push him off the bridge the train will hit him and grind to a halt saving the 5 people tied to the tracks... Do you push the fatass?

I'd push @Momorider in a heartbeat, what kind of question is that? :lol::lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Wildboer said:

I know these aren’t yours.  It’s psychology 101. Almost word for word.  I just don’t want to go through and start twisting the variables to change answers and then ask “why?”.

But I’ll watch.  For whatever entertainment it may bring.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

A good son would already know the policies.... :whistle:

:lol:

Neal

When I was a teenager they redid their wills, they openly asked who I would want to take custody if they died.

I've always been a bit intimidated by what I'm going to inherit. I'll have two $400,000+ homes to maintain and pay bills on... but no idea how much money is coming to help fund that or where my career will be then.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I know these aren’t yours.  It’s psychology 101. Almost word for word.  I just don’t want to go through and start twisting the variables to change answers and then ask “why?”.

But I’ll watch.  For whatever entertainment it may bring.

24686609-9C39-472E-A208-49130B3E948D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

When I was a teenager they redid their wills, they openly asked who I would want to take custody if they died.

I've always been a bit intimidated by what I'm going to inherit. I'll have two $400,000+ homes to maintain and pay bills on... but no idea how much money is coming to help fund that or where my career will be then.

Im guessing still serving drinks and sucking dick.

• Haha 1