Check your account email address ×

19.5%, and 17.97%

Snake

2 hours ago, Snake said:

MSRP $297,775. All-New 2018 Coachmen Sportscoach 409BG Bunk Model 2 Full Baths measures approximately 41 feet 1 inch in length and features a large living area TV, fireplace, king size bed and bunk beds. This versatile RV features the Stainless Appliance Package which features a stainless residential refrigerator, stainless convection microwave, true induction cooktop and 2000 watt inverter with (4) 6-volt batteries. Additional options include the beautiful full body paint exterior with Diamond Shield paint protection, in-motion satellite, aluminum wheels, double clear coat for paint, chase lounge, 360HP ISB engine with 3000MH transmission, slide-out storage tray, front overhead TV, dual pane windows, stackable washer/dryer, front and rear 15K BTU A/Cs with heat pumps and Travel Easy Roadside Assistance program. This beautiful RV also boasts a list of impressive standard features that include tile floor throughout, raised panel hardwood cabinet doors throughout, 6-way power driver's seat, solid surface countertops throughout, My RV multiplex control center, 8KW diesel generator with auto-generator start, king bed with Serta mattress, exterior entertainment center and much more.

Just 4. More. Years.

1_2321_2134688_50807832.jpg;width=650;he

That is a nice unit.  The entry level Diesel Pushers like that really offer a lot for the money you pay.  That unit will sell for about $240k when someone is serious about buying/selling it.  The 8.3 ISB Cummins is a great motor.  The MH 3000 is a great transmission. You won't have many motor, tranny, chassis issues with a rig like that. The two biggest concerns with modern motorhomes is the design/reliability of the slide out system and the electronics.  The electronics are fairly easy to upgrade if they fail after warranty.  The slide systems are not at all easy to upgrade once the warranty is over. 

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I always heard that getting an older Prevost is a good way to go.  Good quality I guess?  :dunno:

Neal

Any of the medium/high end Diesel Pushers are very nice and are very good deals once they are 6-8 years old.  I have always loved the Prevost coaches but their interior styling is a little flashy for me.  The one you posted is a good deal as long as all the mechanicals and electronics are functioning properly.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Thta's all I'm looking for. Do it a few years till I get sick of it, sell it, then carry on.

Yep.  Travel the country seeing things that you have only read about.  Meeting like minded people along the way.  It's pretty fun for sure.  Eventually you grow out of it and find a place that you really like and settle down.

15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Thats nicer then any motel.

Way nicer for sure.  Living out of a suit case is fun for about 2 weeks.  After that it's complete BS.  Having your RV all set up like you want it is a lot of the fun of ownership.  Meeting people in the campground or RV Resort is a lot of fun.  Motel rooms are boring as hell and you never really know what kind of critters were in that rome before you got there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snake said:

MSRP $297,775. All-New 2018 Coachmen Sportscoach 409BG Bunk Model 2 Full Baths measures approximately 41 feet 1 inch in length and features a large living area TV, fireplace, king size bed and bunk beds. This versatile RV features the Stainless Appliance Package which features a stainless residential refrigerator, stainless convection microwave, true induction cooktop and 2000 watt inverter with (4) 6-volt batteries. Additional options include the beautiful full body paint exterior with Diamond Shield paint protection, in-motion satellite, aluminum wheels, double clear coat for paint, chase lounge, 360HP ISB engine with 3000MH transmission, slide-out storage tray, front overhead TV, dual pane windows, stackable washer/dryer, front and rear 15K BTU A/Cs with heat pumps and Travel Easy Roadside Assistance program. This beautiful RV also boasts a list of impressive standard features that include tile floor throughout, raised panel hardwood cabinet doors throughout, 6-way power driver's seat, solid surface countertops throughout, My RV multiplex control center, 8KW diesel generator with auto-generator start, king bed with Serta mattress, exterior entertainment center and much more.

Just 4. More. Years.

1_2321_2134688_50807832.jpg;width=650;he

I know somebody selling an almost identical unit, but it's not a coachman, and it's in Florida. It's about 3-4 years old and only has something like 20+ thousand on it. It went for 287 thou new, but I think he wants about 150 k for it now. 

48 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That is a nice unit.  The entry level Diesel Pushers like that really offer a lot for the money you pay.  That unit will sell for about $240k when someone is serious about buying/selling it.  The 8.3 ISB Cummins is a great motor.  The MH 3000 is a great transmission. You won't have many motor, tranny, chassis issues with a rig like that. The two biggest concerns with modern motorhomes is the design/reliability of the slide out system and the electronics.  The electronics are fairly easy to upgrade if they fail after warranty.  The slide systems are not at all easy to upgrade once the warranty is over. 

Any of the medium/high end Diesel Pushers are very nice and are very good deals once they are 6-8 years old.  I have always loved the Prevost coaches but their interior styling is a little flashy for me.  The one you posted is a good deal as long as all the mechanicals and electronics are functioning properly.

Yep.  Travel the country seeing things that you have only read about.  Meeting like minded people along the way.  It's pretty fun for sure.  Eventually you grow out of it and find a place that you really like and settle down.

Way nicer for sure.  Living out of a suit case is fun for about 2 weeks.  After that it's complete BS.  Having your RV all set up like you want it is a lot of the fun of ownership.  Meeting people in the campground or RV Resort is a lot of fun.  Motel rooms are boring as hell and you never really know what kind of critters were in that rome before you got there. 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Thta's all I'm looking for. Do it a few years till I get sick of it, sell it, then carry on.

It's a good way to see the country. So I've been told. :lol:

They did the entire US, parts of Canada and part of Mexico in that thing. 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

It's a good way to see the country. So I've been told. :lol:

They did the entire US, parts of Canada and part of Mexico in that thing. 

I won't leave the US.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

x2.  I always chuckle when others can't understand why you would want to do something like buy a boat, or an RV.  "Because I want to, how about that?"  I'll do the same thing for a couple years until I get bored with it and I'll move on.  Amirite?   29.5% on mine last year, but I had it to the pedal most of the year with the investments I was in.  Still not nearly what I want it to be, playing catchup courtesy of an ex wife. :lol:  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2.  I always chuckle when others can't understand why you would want to do something like buy a boat, or an RV.  "Because I want to, how about that?"  I'll do the same thing for a couple years until I get bored with it and I'll move on.  Amirite?   29.5% on mine last year, but I had it to the pedal most of the year with the investments I was in.  Still not nearly what I want it to be, playing catchup courtesy of an ex wife. :lol:  

Luckily, no having to catch up here. Just keep watching and seeing my monthly budget increase for retirement.

Fuck yeah I'm gonna rip it when I retire. Half the stuff I don't own is because I haven't the time for it.

That'll change.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Luckily, no having to catch up here. Just keep watching and seeing my monthly budget increase for retirement.

Fuck yeah I'm gonna rip it when I retire. Half the stuff I don't own is because I haven't the time for it.

That'll change.

Good for you bud...thats what its all about.  and x2.  Probably going to cash in the real estate, because its just too time consuming and want $ on auto pilot.  Jenny and I have similar plans with a motor home in about 5 years.  5 more years of semi retirement before pulling the plug I think. :bc:   No one gets out alive, I'm just putting the ducks in a row.  I've been cheating the models away from fixed income to growth and growth and income style, because those are the ones on fire right now. Only a couple key strokes to put it on the sidelines or into something more stable.  

Edited by DriftBusta

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Northern Indiana/ southern Michigan is like the RV/trailer/camper manufacturing capital of the Midwest. There is a shitload of rv sales around here. Alot of people do it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Northern Indiana/ southern Michigan is like the RV/trailer/camper manufacturing capital of the Midwest. There is a shitload of rv sales around here. Alot of people do it. 

Last time I ran up the coast of California they were lined up along the beach. There’s some really cool spots out there I could see hanging around a while. 

33 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Last time I ran up the coast of California they were lined up along the beach. There’s some really cool spots out there I could see hanging around a while. 

For sure. I'd like to do the country by motorcycle personally. 

1 hour ago, polaris550 said:

I know somebody selling an almost identical unit, but it's not a coachman, and it's in Florida. It's about 3-4 years old and only has something like 20+ thousand on it. It went for 287 thou new, but I think he wants about 150 k for it now. 

Yep, sounds about right.  I had my heart set on a big quad slide Diesel Pusher.  Found a beautiful 41' Tiffin in Connecticut last year when we were chasing the Fall Colors.  Original sticker was $327k in 2012.  Dealer wanted $140k for it.  18000 miles.  8.3 ISB Cummins.  Perfect condition.  My wife loved everything about it except the price tag.  She didn't care that it was selling for 40% of the original sticker.  We ended up with a 40' Winnebago.  2008. 3 big slides.  8.1 Vortec, Allison 6 speed.  29000 miles.  Original sticker was $182k. Paid $59 for it. 

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Hahaha.  That was a funny movie.  It over exaggerated RV life but it was funny none the less. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep, sounds about right.  I had my heart set on a big quad slide Diesel Pusher.  Found a beautiful 41' Tiffin in Connecticut last year when we were chasing the Fall Colors.  Original sticker was $327k in 2012.  Dealer wanted $140k for it.  18000 miles.  8.3 ISB Cummins.  Perfect condition.  My wife loved everything about it except the price tag.  She didn't care that it was selling for 40% of the original sticker.  We ended up with a 40' Winnebago.  2008. 3 big slides.  8.1 Vortec, Allison 6 speed.  29000 miles.  Original sticker was $182k. Paid $59 for it. 

Hahaha.  That was a funny movie.  It over exaggerated RV life but it was funny none the less. 

Ok, I think I remember the name       VENTANA. Does that sound right? It's a beautiful rig. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

x2

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Snake said:

You really hate I don't take union cock in the ass like you don't you?

You do.  You’re like the gay toe-tapping Repugs - they act homophobic in public while being gay behind closed doors - you think you’re above the union - but you’re not -you could go to Fed Ex - but you don’t - so your fake outrage is comical......just another union Delivery bot :lmao: 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Good for you bud...thats what its all about.  and x2.  Probably going to cash in the real estate, because its just too time consuming and want $ on auto pilot.  Jenny and I have similar plans with a motor home in about 5 years.  5 more years of semi retirement before pulling the plug I think. :bc:   No one gets out alive, I'm just putting the ducks in a row.  I've been cheating the models away from fixed income to growth and growth and income style, because those are the ones on fire right now. Only a couple key strokes to put it on the sidelines or into something more stable.  

Freedom 75!!!! :lol::bc:

1 hour ago, polaris550 said:

I just looked it up. Ventana is the model, NEWMAR is the brand. Out of Indiana. Basically custom-built. 

The Newmar coaches are very nice motorhomes.  The Ventana is one of the entry level Newmar Diesel Pushers but they are still very nice. 

Check this out @AKIQPilot....hard to believe this is a truck camper....i really like our little truck camper....dont use it much...but you can go places that you cant with a toy hauler. This thing would be one hell of an upgrade to the truck camper I have now. :lol: look at the pics...like i said....hard to believe its in the bed of a pick up.

https://www.hostcampers.com/product-details-mammoth.html

30 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Check this out @AKIQPilot....hard to believe this is a truck camper....i really like our little truck camper....dont use it much...but you can go places that you cant with a toy hauler. This thing would be one hell of an upgrade to the truck camper I have now. :lol: look at the pics...like i said....hard to believe its in the bed of a pick up.

https://www.hostcampers.com/product-details-mammoth.html

Wow. That thing is a beast. Definitely the nicest slide in camper that ive ever seen. I love the basement storage in the rear. Pretty incredible for a truck camper. 

I bet that thing lists for nearly $60k. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow. That thing is a beast. Definitely the nicest slide in camper that ive ever seen. I love the basement storage in the rear. Pretty incredible for a truck camper. 

I bet that thing lists for nearly $60k. 

Yeah no thanks.  I'll go lightly experienced diesel pusher with 3-4 slideouts for 50% of original selling price.   

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah no thanks.  I'll go lightly experienced diesel pusher with 3-4 slideouts for 50% of original selling price.   

"Pull over Jenny, I gotta shit!"

:lol:

• Haha 1