Check your account email address ×

You know what, fuck it.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Also Dan let me remind that you after Rob passed WB made a heartfelt and emotional post and was worried about the reaction it would get around here...IIRC not one person gave him shit and in fact were supportive of how he reacted to his death. You are the kind of guy that sits and waits hoping  for the negative or a comment that fits all of your cockeyed preconceived notions and narratives so you can say “see I was right and all of you are wrong!” Not only is it annoying it’s fucking pathetic as well.

Right, I don't know how I got these silly notions in my head...

4 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I'm glad your getting help because frankly you writing this is a big shout out for attention and help. 

Good luck and maybe break the little Christmas bulbs at the top for a little therapy.

Any way to turn the sound off?:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I'm glad your getting help because frankly you writing this is a big shout out for attention and help. 

Good luck and maybe break the little Christmas bulbs at the top for a little therapy.

I have a tendency to agree.   I hope the best for him and I hope he gets the help he needs.  

35 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

These are thinly veiled digs that are a preview of what's to come...

Nope....that kid has enough issues.  I really do hope for the best for him.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Also Dan let me remind that you after Rob passed WB made a heartfelt and emotional post and was worried about the reaction it would get around here...IIRC not one person gave him shit and in fact were supportive of how he reacted to his death. You are the kind of guy that sits and waits hoping  for the negative or a comment that fits all of your cockeyed preconceived notions and narratives so you can say “see I was right and all of you are wrong!” Not only is it annoying it’s fucking pathetic as well.

Nailed it. :bc: 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

59 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You really think we would like to see someone harm themselves?  

55 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yes, I do.

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nailed it. :bc: 

Yep...Moto hoping for a shitty outcome yet again.

• Like 1

Why does this moto guy have to start a conflict in every single thread. It is as if he is just sitting, waiting, and as soon as a person he has a past issue with posts, there he is, with an insult and an idiotic prediction of what a person is thinking and what they may do. Grow up man.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Very good read Ben.  I'm glad I read it all.  I've always thought you were a pretty good kid and this helps put things in perspective for me.  I am curious about a couple of things though.  You surely don't have to answer.  

Do you have any siblings and if so where are they in ages compared to you?

What does your father do for work?  Not exactly but in a general sense.  

How about your mom?  Stay at home, work from home, work out of the home?

Grandparents?  Aunts, uncles? Cousins? Family outside your own?  

I apologize for reading too much into your story but it seems like something was missing from you life from a very early age.  

Again, props for telling us your story.   I can't say that bits and pieces of it won't ever be used against you by some of us but for the most part you aren't the type of personality that causes people to deflect into personal attacks.  

Only child. My dad's a self employed general contractor, he admits to being a stoner bum in his early 20's before he turned it around and started the masonry business and expanded into a general contractor. I've always been proud of him and his business, but I've also always wondered why he never expanded past a 2 man outfit that always relies on subs. My mom's career is, honestly, amazing. She got her MBA and became a CPA by the time she was 22, when I was 9 she became the CFO of a national hosiery company that also had a local outlet store. Along with the owners' sons she helped launch a successful apparel site, but she never quite got along with one of the owners and in 2008 when the crash happened they decided to tighten their belts by laying off their CFO and not replacing her. That was a cold move because there were no fucking jobs, in the meantime she became the president of the board at a local chapter of CASA(they help children navigate the bureaucracy of family courts and the foster system). She finally landed on her feet with a job as the VP of Finance at my favorite childhood science center(soon to be the home of the largest planetarium in the country I believe). Her career made the family dynamic in my household that was a complete flip. She was the bread winner who always came home from work at 7/8pm and left on business trips, my dad was at home putting dinner on the table after getting home by 5 usually. I've got a big extended family that gets along great, my mom's dad is the only grandparent I've had since middle school but I can still remember the 3 that died when I was younger very well. Really awesome grandparents. Popop on my dad's side spent some time in Greystone though, and Mema on my mom's side struggled with depression... so that probably explains a bit. To be honest, my whole family is nuts come to think of it, we're all really nice people who are also nuts... I guess I could have just said that but I'm gonna leave the part about how my mom is a fucking badass and my dad was the mom of the household. 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

WB, ever think of becoming a writer?

Yeah, this is my first piece since making that decision actually. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The responses in that thread were definitely part of what made me comfortable posting this :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Yeah, I'm trying to become a writer, I want people to pay attention to what I write. As for the cry for help, I'm on medication and I'm seeing a therapist regularly... I'm not crying out for help, I'm getting help. I just used to be one of the people you couldn't help because they wouldn't help themselves, now I'm willing to help myself and help has been being thrown at me by friends, family, my therapist... Hell, the ex I described as a rebound in the story, we became friends again 2 days ago.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Sure, but when you ignore someone who says you're crying for attention their argument falls apart.

20 minutes ago, Legend said:

BTW, I wont use whatever you said against you ever. Because I read the first paragraph and decided I didnt give a shit.

But the rest of this shitshow is fun.....:justsaying:

You can't say I didn't warn you it was long and weird lol

23 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Only child. My dad's a self employed general contractor, he admits to being a stoner bum in his early 20's before he turned it around and started the masonry business and expanded into a general contractor. I've always been proud of him and his business, but I've also always wondered why he never expanded past a 2 man outfit that always relies on subs. My mom's career is, honestly, amazing. She got her MBA and became a CPA by the time she was 22, when I was 9 she became the CFO of a national hosiery company that also had a local outlet store. Along with the owners' sons she helped launch a successful apparel site, but she never quite got along with one of the owners and in 2008 when the crash happened they decided to tighten their belts by laying off their CFO and not replacing her. That was a cold move because there were no fucking jobs, in the meantime she became the president of the board at a local chapter of CASA(they help children navigate the bureaucracy of family courts and the foster system). She finally landed on her feet with a job as the VP of Finance at my favorite childhood science center(soon to be the home of the largest planetarium in the country I believe). Her career made the family dynamic in my household that was a complete flip. She was the bread winner who always came home from work at 7/8pm and left on business trips, my dad was at home putting dinner on the table after getting home by 5 usually. I've got a big extended family that gets along great, my mom's dad is the only grandparent I've had since middle school but I can still remember the 3 that died when I was younger very well. Really awesome grandparents. Popop on my dad's side spent some time in Greystone though, and Mema on my mom's side struggled with depression... so that probably explains a bit. To be honest, my whole family is nuts come to think of it, we're all really nice people who are also nuts... I guess I could have just said that but I'm gonna leave the part about how my mom is a fucking badass and my dad was the mom of the household. 

Yeah, this is my first piece since making that decision actually. 

The responses in that thread were definitely part of what made me comfortable posting this :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm trying to become a writer, I want people to pay attention to what I write. As for the cry for help, I'm on medication and I'm seeing a therapist regularly... I'm not crying out for help, I'm getting help. I just used to be one of the people you couldn't help because they wouldn't help themselves, now I'm willing to help myself and help has been being thrown at me by friends, family, my therapist... Hell, the ex I described as a rebound in the story, we became friends again 2 days ago.

Sure, but when you ignore someone who says you're crying for attention their argument falls apart.

You can't say I didn't warn you it was long and weird lol

Its your gift man, chase it.

I think you have earned a lot of respect from many here in the past few days.:bc:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You are very well spoken Ben. You just might have a gift with your writing. You may never get rich putting your ideas and feelings into words but the self reward will more than make up for that. 

Thanks for posting. 

As long as it pays the bills I'm good, even if I have to be one of those millennials making it work with side gigs and shit I think I've got the smarts to freelance my way into a decent enough living if I have to. Right now I've set the lofty, unlikely, and very distant goal of getting a piece into The New Yorker one day. I'm going to learn to set medium and short term goals based off that and just see where it takes me. This all started because I told an old friend I just reconnected with I was thinking about getting back into writing and she offered and encouraged that I write something for her blog. I wrote this, she posted it, and I decided to keep writing and see where I can take it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Why does this moto guy have to start a conflict in every single thread. It is as if he is just sitting, waiting, and as soon as a person he has a past issue with posts, there he is, with an insult and an idiotic prediction of what a person is thinking and what they may do. Grow up man.

Because writing his own ticket isnt as easy as he thought and hes bitter

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

You are very well spoken Ben. You just might have a gift with your writing. You may never get rich putting your ideas and feelings into words but the self reward will more than make up for that. 

Thanks for posting. 

Yeah he does have a talent. While I was reading that I kept thinking this would be a good submission for NPR, they regularly do 5 minute quips of human interest stories.  Pretty good, @Wildboer:bc:

• Like 1