Check your account email address ×

One of my favorite Rob moments

Jet

Arctic Cat went after him in the early days and tried to shut these forums down with legal action and he stood up to them. That set a precedent that we were gonna talk about these sleds and weren't gonna get bullied around.

• Like 2

I remember someone posted a shot of the new skidoo xp probably a month or 2 before we were supposed to see it. Doo tried to get him to take it down and he told them to kindly fuck off. :lol: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jet said:

Arctic Cat went after him in the early days and tried to shut these forums down with legal action and he stood up to them. That set a precedent that we were gonna talk about these sleds and weren't gonna get bullied around.

Yup.  He didn't give a shit.  He didn't do it for the money, even though the site generated a nice little income, that he could have easily increased more than what it was.  Had a NY hippy liberal attitude, but loved his privacy in the VT countryside.  We had talked on rec.sport.snowmobiles for a couple years, he was "Rob in VT" and I was "SRXfreak".  We found out that we both were going to be in Quebec at the same time and place and made arrangements to hook up.  He was riding with Denny, who now goes by "45th Parallel Cabins" for his business up in NH.  We didn't roll into the hotel until like 11 at night after 250 mile day on the sleds, and they were already in bed.  We knocked on their door anyways and said hello.  We hit the bar and gave ourselves good hangovers the next morning, when they repaid the favor and woke us up. :lol:  We rode around 80-100 miles and went our separate ways.  That was in 2000. :bc:   Met him a couple times since.  He was a good man.

Edited by DriftBusta

Also, with all my dealings with rob over the years he never deleted my posts but he was not afraid to disagree with me and I always respected that and was not surprised when he named his new site freedom sledder.

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I remember when that fruitcake huzy threatened legal action against rob. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hve you ever met Don ?

If he were to walk up and introduce himself to me......

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Don is a riot.....he's like partying with a kid in a small mans body 

I don't suffer sanctimonious back roomers who fucked up the life so bad they get beaten by a teenage girl in an 'election'.

He is and was a fucking slug who thought he could throw is tiny ass weight around. A thrashing in a rest room would be his best turnout if I met him.

I always liked the stories about his brother in law. The pizza one was a riot. His BIL wanted to save money by buying a small pizza. He told Rob it would be just as much for each of them as long as they would agree to cut it in 8 pieces instead of 6 like they usually did with their small pizzas  :lol: 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I always liked the stories about his brother in law. The pizza one was a riot. His BIL wanted to save money by buying a small pizza. He told Rob it would be just as much for each of them as long as they would agree to cut it in 8 pieces instead of 6 like they usually did with their small pizzas  :lol: 

His BIL was @Zambroski

:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I don't suffer sanctimonious back roomers who fucked up the life so bad they get beaten by a teenage girl in an 'election'.

He is and was a fucking slug who thought he could throw is tiny ass weight around. A thrashing in a rest room would be his best turnout if I met him.

huh......Seems you're a bit mixed up